Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Acknowledgement: Alexander Stone

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

One of the more useful Elysian staff helps out new arrivals...discreetly directly anyone towards The Stairs which lead away from the mortal nightclub to a subterranean area set aside for Kindred use...

The smell of freshly squeezed lemons wafts up from the sub-space.

Once at the foot of The Stairs arrivals can see the layout more properly.

http://nwod.org:8080/wiki/index.php/Avalon_Underground

In the cellar vault beneath the Avalon nightclub, far away from the press of dancing Mortals, the lights are low.

Here a calm atmosphere prevails.

Recessed lamps cast a soft glow and the bright and rich scent of freshly made lemonade and squeezed lemons fills the air.

Tiny and sweet looking Martha sits alone on a leather sofa in the Common area of the Court and is quietly and carefully looking over maps and various official looking folders from Californian State government.

There's a simple coffee table in front of her along with notes, printed out copies of maps of Sacramento and copies of many US newspapers and various academic periodicals.

She emits no Beast.

She may even be a Ghoul.

But there she sits, wearing a black top hat and tail coat. White tie, white waistcoat vest...her hair dyed raven black and there's a hint of ruby red lipstick...a generous sprinkle of lavender scent...minty toothpaste added to the neat presentation with a crisp white blouse...white gloves...the fishnet revealed the tone of her single muscular leg. A leg well suited to a dancer or athlete...she's clearly undergone an amputation at some point: her other was a metal C-Leg from high up her left thigh.

[[
    http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/3...aaszatanna.jpg ]]

Though working hard at the maps, Martha knew she had to be attentive to her environment so looked to The Stairs which descend into the covert Elysian Field from the nightclub...just in case...
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

j
    jehboi

Alexander descended with measured steps, ensuring the right measure of confidence that would assure everyone that he did indeed belong, and just a hint of laisser-faire to import an aristocratic mystique of 'I do not care if you think I belong' - at least to those that noticed. And looking like he just stepped out of an underwear billboard, or the cover of a fashion magazine, people usually took notice.

Tonight he work a light blue suede sports jacket over top a smoky mauve silk shirt. An black iron cross hung from a dark metal chain about his neck, an unremarkable piece of jewelry, save that it stood out on the crisp light colours he wore. His shirt was neatly tucked into a pair of shockingly white slacks, held up on his narrow waist with a braided white leather belt. Matching argyle socks - mauve and blue - peeked out of white dress shoes. The white crocodile skin reflected the dim lighting.

Alexander paused at the base of The Stairs. He drunk in the club with sufficiently haughty demeanor, surveying the patrons with a casual eye. As he stood, his Beast grew restless, an shadowy presence that hunch over his shoulders, a low growl whispering at his ear.

Eventually Alexander settled upon Martha, and who would not. His upturned snobbish repose slid into an altogether suggestive smile. He did not approach her, nor did he speak. Alexander Stone merely stood and watched her, awaiting her notice.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha's eyes went wide. She watched in fascination as this enigmatic gentleman made his way down The Stairs. Almost as if he'd stepped from some advertisement from Vogue or a country club.

This, she knew, was not a man or Beast to trifle with.

Her eyes never left him...even when she groped to pick up her simple metal cane that was at her side and grip it tight whilst her Beast tugged impotently at it's psychic leash.

She had travelled widely and seen his sort of 'haughty naughty' before. The rich and indulged...the entitled...but it was an entitlement born of genuine birthright; not of 'nouveau rich' presumption. It always made her smile and her modest, almost shy, smile soon followed at these thoughts and recollections.

Tiny Martha took a moment to gather her thoughts and pondered what this gentleman might actually want.

Martha examined his attire and looked for any obvious weapons. Tried to identify his accent and rubbed with her free hand at her false knee joint.

That he was Kindred seemed obvious. There was something about his calm demeanour that struck her as odd.
    "Good evening, sir." she replied with growing and seemingly sincere friendliness. "Have you come far? Are you an emissary or excellent ambassador from another realm, sir?"

"Please allow me to introduce myself, sir; my name is Miss Martha Villiers. I have the honour to serve His Majesty, Alder Asa Clarke, the Invictus Prince of this Domain. I loyally serve him a Herald, Acting-Seneschal and Mistress Keeper of the Elysian Fields of this Realm...of which this place is one." she smiles modestly, her words designed to inform, not boast. She adds, "You are welcome if you come in peace, sir."

Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

j
    jehboi

The tiny woman spoke to him, and while she spoke he settled into a dignified pose that signaled a peaceful intent.

His lips remained twisted in that 'I would very much like to see you naked' sort of way, but her words evoked the slightest widening of copper-specked eyes. A falter in his composure.

"You do me a great honour Herald, Seneschal, and Mistress" his voice poured past rose lips, like rich dark chocolate.

His beast, shadows coalescing in a loose felinesque form, stretched out from his left shoulder, growl sliding into a distinct purr as the petite official neared.

"An honoured doubled, for I have yet to set my eyes upon a Seneschal, acting or otherwise, quite so.... Enchanting" his english was refined, with little trace of any sort of accent, save the occasional inflection or tone reminiscent of a slavic background.

"May I present myself?" reining in his Beast who whimpered in protest, reaching his hand to hers. Slender fingers, freshly manicured, brought the back of her hand to his lips and a feather light kiss.

"Alexander Stone" he whispered his name, breath stroking Martha's hand. He let go, after his fingers had lingered sufficiently.

His Beast flitted from should to shoulder, a black stain in the air, a dark satin sheet fluttering in the wind.

"And I have traveled half-way around the world, but in my own name, not for another"

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha was obviously impressed by his easy charm and slick manners. She blinked and, had she had her Blush of Life invoked, her cheeks would be burning a peach hue.

Her pale complexion stayed ivory white. But her eyes shone with the delight of his praise and the ease of his manner.

Oh yes, she mused, certainly Country Club or European salon.

She allowed Alexander to take her hand. It was a gesture long outdated in the United States. But it brought back many happy memories of her European origins.

"Thank you, sir...your words flatter me so!" she smiled modestly and sweetly. "Please do be seated..." she invited him to sit once her hand was free from his attentions.

Her minty toothpaste and lavender scent would be all the more obvious to him now at this proximity.

She regretted being glad Dillon wasn't here to stop Alexander's gallant gesture of greeting. He would, she suspected, be rightly appalled at the lapse in security.

Rubbing at her false knee, she smiled again at Alexander and waited for him to sit. Once settled, she gestured with her cane free hand to glass tumblers and the carafe of fresh lemonade next to the maps and books.

"Thank you for such a gallant introduction, sir. Please...for convenience, you may address me as Herald Villiers." she smiled again. Another sweet and almost innocent smile.

"Might I tempt you to some lemonade, Mr Stone? I made it fresh this evening! If you are hungry and wish to wisely preserve your Vitae, I shall understand any refusal of the offer without prejudice." she giggled cheerily.

j
    jehboi

Alexander accepts her invitation, gracefully falling in comfortably at her table. He sits back will ample laxity, but careful attention, his amber eyes drinking in his hostess more intently with the proximity.

"You are too kind Herald Villiers" he says with all apparent sincerity.

As she speaks of vitae, his Beast asserts itself, shadows cresting above his head, cascading - looming over him - a savage rumbling. He tenses, taking a moment before speaking. As he does, the shadows recede behind him, but a dull rumbling growl remains.

"I must admit... I have not fed with sufficient regularity since my arrival, I wished not to give offense, therefore have limited my activities to base needs."

The words 'base needs' fall from Alexander's tongue with a casual stroke of his fingers through his bangs and a reflexive wetting of his lips.

"You are no doubt curious as to my intentions?"

His ever-present smile attempts a contortion from lecherous to sweetness'n'sunshine, but the effect is less than perfect; instead he retains an impish visage, fixed on the Herald, one that suggests an unspoken invitation: 'A quick fuck in the washroom after the formalities?'

Martha Villiers

PRE

In her apparent sweetness and innocence, Martha seems not to understand the unspoken invite to a place of privacy later on.

However, she does nod to suggest she is curious.
    "Quite so, Mr Stone. I am most curious as to your presence!" again, she rubs at her knee while smiling sweetly.

j
    jehboi

Despite his lavacious demeanour, in some respects Alexander remains quite the gentleman, politely ignoring Martha's missing appendage, and her rubbing.

Her honey attitude was infectious, and somewhat frustrating, as testified by his Beast that huffed and purrs and growled with want.

"In is my humblest of intents to petition his most gracious Majesty for refuge within his domain, and to be afforded all the rights and privileges due one of his subjects."

Alexander speaks plainly, with little to suggest any subterfuge. He inclines his head, looking at Martha through his lashes.

"Hunting rights, leave to establish business, etc. As is proper, I have arranged for a modest tribute to attest to my sincerity"

A charcoal black envelope is withdrawn from his coat pocket, a peak within would reveal a cheque for $5,000.

"I would have preferred to present a tribute in the form of cattle, sadly, I am not fortuned with a respectable stable since I arrived."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Oh my! Martha viewed the envelope. She gave it enough of a glance to see the contents.

She could find a use for the money.

But...she'd never been offered money for Acknowledgement before.

This was potentially awkward.

The tiny creature made a small, friendly, hand gesture. As if kindly refusing the envelope. Her tone is friendly and sincere. Her demeanour one hoping to pacify and explain;
    "I thank you for the gesture, Mr Stone. However...such rights and privileges are offered for the exchange of an Oath. Other gestures, whilst generous and excellent, are outside the protocols of this Domain."

"We offer an Oath of Fealty, sir...before such an Oath is offered...might I invite you to a Presentation regarding some of the more pertinent features of this Domain?"

She makes a small hand gesture towards the closed door to a nearby Meeting Chamber.

j
    jehboi

Alexander shrugged, a look of amusement drawn upon his face, but he left the envelope where it sat on the table and rose. In standing, he took a moment to stretch, a languid and all together superfluousness motion that served one purpose: to display himself.

Vanity satisfied, he looked upon Martha and then the indicated door, "Are you to do me further honour and accompany me Herald?" he asked with a subtle undertone of begging, couple with a dash of teasing. At the mere thought of being alone with the little Herald, his Beast purred seductively, shadows slithering over his shoulders; an ink waterfall that rolled down over his chest, before encircling his waist.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread