Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1305) Animus, Dash, Impulse, and Orpheus

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

"It's been a lot of surprises, good and bad, since I got here." Orpheus shrugs and smiles back. "I've been dealing well so far though, how're you?"

Thinking back a little, it had been surprise after surprise since he arrived. There was Mr.O'Falley's body showing up in the Museum, His Cabal was also a bit of a surprise, in a good way of course.

When Impulse walks up and greets the group, Orpheus smiles and returns "Hey, I'm Orpheus, nice to meet you." He extends his hand in a handshake. He seems like a nice guy. Orpheus couldn't help but think at Impulse's energetic greeting.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Spotting Kiko, Animus gives her a wave with a small, flickering smile before turning back to Orpheus. "That's typical of the city, I'm afraid. Sometimes I think it has a mind of its own. But it's home, and for me that's what matters."

Angel of Darkness
    M

Dash appraises his surroundings. Odd, he's never been welcomed so warmly in a public setting before, yet here he is with two friends, and approached by a stranger.

"I can identify, I've experienced a lot of surprises myself in my short time here. I'm not complaining though." Dash snuck another peek at Animus out of the corner of his eye. Is he always so friendly? I doubt it...

"What do you think is on the agenda for this meeting?"

Whenever you wanna jump in Impulse WakingDream :P

"Far as I could tell, we'll probably vote on who the Heralds and Sentinels are going to be." Orpheus explains. Taking a second to notice the newcomers who had just entered, lots of people he has yet to meet unfortunately.

"Other than that though I don't know, this was supposed to be mainly social, really.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Thyrsus tugs at his suit uncomfortably. "Could've picked a better place for 'social', if you ask me. Although I suppose it's more conducive to talking than the Rage was. Oh well, maybe next time they'll pick less formal."

A light sigh. "Seems like every time we've held a meeting, there have been positions to fill. I guess it only stands to reason that it should continue."

Waving to Orpheus with friendly recognition, and to Dash perhaps a bit meekly, she approaches the group and waits for some sign of acknowledgment before barging in. Don't piss off this other guy, don't piss off this other guy...

W
    WakingDream

Impulse smiles warmly at Orpheus. "Well met, my friend." He takes a seat next to Animus after shaking hands with him and Dash. He is content to just listen as they converse, eyeing the strangers as they walked in and wondering what all their stories were. Finally, he pitches in. "You know, I've never been to an 'official' Consilium meeting. Even back in Maryland..."

Azure's approach caught his attention, however. Impulse smiles at the newcomer and bows his head slightly as a greeting. "Hey there. Are you new as well?" He was guessing because she seemed a little unsure. And Impulse knew that feeling all-too-well...

Angel of Darkness
    M

Dash stands and offers Azure the seat next to him.

"Hey Azure, here please sit." He gestures to each of the men.

"This is Animus, Orpheus, and Impulse, guys this is Azure." He smiles, quite proud of himself for being so polite, then returns to the topic at hand.

"I really don't understand the this whole sentinel business, there are Arrow's here. We protect. End of story. Don't know why there needs to be someone with a special title. I mean, fuck, I'm going to make sure me and mine stay safe, and if someone wishes to stop me... well they wouldn't be the first person in this city to be on the receiving end of one of my ass whoopings." The Dancer shrugs.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus gives Azure a friendly nod, before turning back to Dash . "Titles aren't meant for their holders, not really. They're a symbol, just like any other. And symbols hold power. Dash, I have little doubt that you or I will protect people no matter what, but named Sentinels give others a point of focus. It defines one person they know they can go to in a crisis, so that when the crisis does occur, they won't hesitate. In some sense, yes, all titles are silly little fictions. But they still have value, precisely because people respond to them."

"Yep, we've spoken before." Orpheus smiles to Azure, "How's it been?" He asks, if anything out of habitual politeness.

As Dash continues though, the Obrimos sighs.

"Way I see it, the sentinel isn't just the Awakened's cop, he, or she, is also the mediator. The third-party to go to in an arguement. Not everything has to end in the sentinel giving out... ass whoopings, not to demean the how well you can... anyway, you get my point right?" A sheepish grin crosses the Mystagogue's face.

And then Animus spoke up, and the Obrimos listened attentively. It seemed to him like Animus had, at the very least a fairly similar view on the issue to him.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread