Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Werewolf: The Forsaken on the Wiki
Ended
Watch

A Return to Arms

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 11 of 13 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Last

Elaine watches in some wonderment as a giant bird turns into some guy and solves her problems. She returns to boring-old-regular-Elaine and exhales a slow breath as her prior grappling partner chills out instead of pressing the attack. Looking over at Birdman again, she can't help but marvel at his entrance. That's gotta be straight out of a music video. Nice hair, dude.

The change in scene was so sudden and bizarre she had no idea how she should respond. Eyes to Sam, she contemplates which question she should ask first. After a few heavy seconds, Elaine asks, "What do you make of this?" in a low whisper.

And, of course, the inevitable enraged posturing sends her eyebrows a notch upward on her face, rather irritated already at someone for yelling and screaming at the stranger that spared them from beating down someone who was probably this yelling idiot's friend or something. Take it down a notch. No one's placing bets out here. Of course, she hadn't been properly introduced. And didn't entirely understand this rather ridiculous situation, either. But if she had to guess, the guy that just stopped her from having to beat someone within an inch of their life or die trying might be worth talking to politely. So she watched. Should be interesting.

As Steel shifts in the Samantha’s mouth she drops the form, still standing to the side. Her eyes looking warily back and forth, first to Matthew then to Jeremiah then to Elaine and finally to the Owl-man.

This was not her Territory, by the smell it was no ones Territory, but considering what had just happened she was at least hoping she wouldn’t be cast away as an aid.

The Owl though, that was just weird as fuck, and she couldn’t stop the low growl emitting from her own throat and chest. This wasn’t exactly her battle but a brother in the fur was still a brother, and for now she would stand with him.

Her mind still between two choices.
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Aeneas
    Aeneas

PRE

Aeneas all but bursts onto the Tur. Mouth a rictus of a snarl, knife part of his hand like a single, long, metal claw. Crashing to the ground, crouching low, ready to spring into action, the newcomer clearly expected battle. That the conflict was, seemingly, at an end struck the Meninna like a hammer blow; his face went from snarl to stunned in a few heart beats as he tried to process what he saw.

At best, all the yokel could manage to emit by way of introduction was: -

"...D'oh..."

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

Jim feels useless as his threat is ignored. Before he winces and realizes he tried to speak english to a spirit. Stupid stupid idiot!

And then the owl turns into a man and takes a guy out of Kuruth. We are so keeping him around. But now combat is over, and the Nurse's brother instinct comes out as he looks at the bleeding werewolf. He shoves Steel aside, even as he's puking his guts
    "Move."
    Jim says with authority, and pushes to the bleeding alpha. He grabs some of the bandages and just compresses on the horrific wound, trying to keep the blood in while the healing takes place.

3 successes Int+med
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-05-22 21:49:15 Jim Stone rolls 5 to Int+Med (10 Again) 5, 10, 5, 1, 9, 10, 1 3 successes
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Tony released Steel once he had reverted to Hishu, stepping to the side as the Rahu emptied his stomach. Frustrated eyes lock onto a wereowl for a few seconds before moving to the Sworn alpha.

Tony walked up to the group around Jeremiah and pointed to his duffel bag. "If one of you knows it, there's materials for a Healing Rite in the bag." Sure Tony could do it himself, but there were already enough people tending the fallen. Besides he may need to save his essence if the werebird turned hostile.

With his eyes once again fixed on the naked dude, the Iron Master moves to Firebringer's side. Hopefully they could still present a near united front despite needing Mr. Rapunzel to break the Rage that had turned packmates into archenemies. Hopefully.
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

Angel of Darkness
    M

Jeremiah's bleeding has stopped. He spends another essence to heal another lethal (4A/2L -2 Essence) and is groggily becoming aware of his surroundings.

The mysterious man looks straight into Matthew's eyes. The eyes of this stranger are emotionless, the eyes of a predator that see's all.

"Because I come with a warning. The Ones who claim to be Pure have crossed the Sacramento River. They have come in force, and taken your homes. They are currently destroying your loci, your totems are being hunted down, along with any other spirit that might have aided you. They have come to cleanse these lands of your taint.

My grandfather watched over these lands, and recorded their history, just like I do now. We have never interfered, until now. I can lead you to a loci that might be safe, but know this, they are coming here. You cannot stop them, you cannot fight them, they will come and destroy you if you stay here much longer.

Follow me to relative safety or I must leave you to perish, the choice is yours, but you have no time."
    The man steps back quickly shifting back into a large owl and taking flight to the southwest.
    -1 essence to shift

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

What the fuck?

In the past, pretty much anything supernatural got this response. But he thought he got wise. He thought he knew. But now he can only strain his memory in an attempt to identify what the hell the man was.

What is he?
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-05-24 10:12:38 Daniel Turner rolls 5 to identify the Owlman's powers (Int2 + Occ3) (10 Again) 4, 4, 1, 9, 2 1 success

Daniel reaches the scene of the battle at full speed, blood running hot through his veins in anticipation of battle. Only to find some weird bird transforming into a man and shouting someone in Kuruth into sanity. The black direwolf bares his fangs for a few seconds at the Indian only to think better of it in a moment.

Instead he redirects his attention to the boxes. It takes him only a few seconds to understand the situation.

A massacre is coming. Staying, fighting and dying is weakness.

There were two choices: to run the hell away from here or stay and fight for the land he didn't owe allegiance. But they all came here today for a reason. Seemed like Luna had a plan for them and Daniel was pretty sure it wasn't for them to scatter in the wind.

Shifting
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-05-24 10:41:20 Daniel Turner rolls 7 to shift to Dalu (Sta3 + Sur3 + PU2 - 1 retry) (10 Again) 4, 8, 8, 1, 4, 9, 10, 6 4 successes
    2013-05-24 10:40:00 Daniel Turner rolls 8 to shift to Dalu (Sta3 + Sur3 + PU2) (10 Again) 1, 4, 7, 3, 7, 4, 3, 7 failure

Having made his decision, Daniel sits on his hunches and shifts to Dalu. The excitement and urgency makes him lose his focus, so it takes a bit longer than usual.

Where there was a giant wolf before, now there is a powerful man in his late twenties or early thirties wearing faded jeans and a black sweater. He looks at the others for a few moments, taking in the ragtag bunch and some senior wolves. Finally, he decides to face Matthew, but speaks up loud enough for everyone to hear.

"I'm Daniel. The Anshega know of this place. We must leave, now. And then find a way to avenge them." - he gestures toward the boxes, before looking firmly into Matthew's eyes again.

"We cannot leave what remains of your friends. They know that, they have the blood and will track us. We must move. Someone he would trust should carry the injured one."

p
    psychomattic

Joel is just as lost as everyone else it would seem, his arrival to the group albeit hardly even noticed was less than epic. It seems as thouh everything has settled down, this Anshega was attempting to warn them about the onslaught incoming and lead them to safety, but why? Joel only had doubt in his mind at the moment. Joel didn't speak his mind however, he only watched and listened to the Owlman and the rest of the group for the moment as he sorted through the thoughts in his own mind about what was going on. Joel sighed, shaking his large wolfish head as he speaks the first tongue, a series of howls, growls and barks that only mean more than that to those that understand the language,"Since you know so much, then you must know who I am at the very core. Every bone in my body is saying stay, fight, every muscle is aching for me too. I am a true blooded warrior of the Suthar Anzuth. Running away would be against everything, I am no coward... but...

Joel looked around at the rest of the group, his features contracted into a painful dissappoint before he shook his head,"I can't believe I'm about to do this, but if the others don't feel the same way that I do about this, then so be it. I will go with them, only because if death is as inevitable as you say it is, I don't wish to put anyone else at risk just to die a glorious death, there is such a thing as honor too, and I will uphold that honor the best that I can. Joel continues to look around at the rest of the group, trying to gauge their desires to flee or fight,"Majority vote rules...... FLEE or FIGHT? You know how I feel, but the choice is up to you all, and by the sounds of it, you had best make a decision pretty quickly."

Whether they come or go, Joel will stay with the group and it's decisions like a good packmate, he does not wish to put anyone else at risk or in danger because he is the only one willing to stay and fight, but then again, this group has already been somehwat decimated by the events and it would be foolish for any of them to continue to fight when they can as Daniel said, track down the perpetraitors later to avenge their home. Joel might've been a meathead, always gun-ho when it came to battle but he wasn't entirely without reason it'd seem.

Kevin Swift

PRE

"How are you feeling? Up for a journey? It seems if we are to learn more, we are to head southwest." Kevin asks Jeremiah while doing his best to ignore the lead weight that has descended upon his midsection. Destroying any Spirit that is friendly with us? The Loci too? Fucking insane but we knew that already. He thinks as he assumes Urshul.

<<Firebringer, might we do as the stranger asks? He is likely already there at the locus and we will need all the Essence we can if we are to preform the Rite of Healing for Jeremiah and to fend off attacks by the Anshega.>> Kevin inquires to the highest ranking wolf among them, his head is low and his tail curled up under him. He can tell that Firebringer is not in a very good mood and neither should he be all things considered. Between them, he at least, still has two of his previous pack mates while Firebringer has nothing but their bodies.

<<I wish we had time to preform a Funeral Rite for them.>> He looks towards the boxes as he whines, the smell of rot and decay mixed with blood and the scent of those who were once among the living.

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

Jim watches the owlman speak, trying to spot any deceit, but sees none.
      subterfuge check failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-05-24 17:05:20 Jm Stone rolls 3 to Wits+Subterfuge (10 Again) 6, 2, 6 failure

"Luna's breath, seriously? Just like that they are all going to be hunted down?" Jim pauses for a few moments staring at the owl, letting that sink in, before crisis mode reasserts itself.

He looks at the wolf that urges a majority vote. Vote? No. No time for debate. Only time for action "We need to get out of here then, and we can't leave these remains here, even if they track them, we can't abandon these bodies here. Who knows how much further they will desecrate them. Anyone know the rite of cleansed blood?"
    Jim focuses on shifting forms, but gives up after a bit of effort.
    failure

"Fuck it." He says and he goes to the box on the left, lifting it a little, but obviously straining and insufficient. "A little help here?"
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

Page 11 of 13 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Last