Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

The Man Who Can Get Anything

THREADID

Perry diCarto

It was a beautiful day in early May when Perry diCarto left the Freehold's territory to speak with this man who Doctor Jack had mentioned. Xian He. The Shadowsoul had never met him - it was apparent that he did not come into the Freehold much to socialize. If he had, Perry was sure they would have met.

His BMW had its top down pulled in, and Perry had a pair of stylish Ray-Bans on his face, hiding his eyes. He wore his suit; after all, Court had just ended for the day and he was all about making a strong impression. He'd found that many things among Lost came down to negotiation. It was only fitting that he dress appropriately.

Perry took a moment to look through the windows, then stepped inside.

Songs of Distant Arcadia active.

Swift

Can I please get an activation roll for the Contract, and an updated signature for the Glamour expenditure?

Through the windows Perry can see that the shop, with a sign declaring it to be Qin Long's Stash, is filled with all manner of items and odds and ends. As the Fairest makes his way inside, an old-style bell on the door rings, heralding his arrival.

After a couple of minutes the proprietor appears from somewhere deeper in the shop. Perry's fae-attuned senses don't find anything unusual about him. If this man is among the Lost, he's hardened his mask.

"May I help you?" the man begins as he enters the main room of the shop with a welcoming smile, but he doesn't pause once he sees Perry. "If you're here about the job I'm afraid that position has already been filled."

Perry diCarto

- sorry, rolled this before and forgot to put it in! Glamour use was my minisheet.
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-05-02 12:26:34 Perry diCarto rolls 8 to Songs of Distant Arcadia (10 Again) 2, 2, 3, 8, 7, 8, 5, 8 3 successes

The lawyer smiled pleasantly at the proprietor as he came from the back of the shop. "Hi there," he said, offering the man a shake. "Not to worry, I'm not here for work. My name is Perry diCarto. A friend of mine, Jack Carlton, mentioned this place to me as somewhere I might find something in particular that I am looking for?"

The man nods cautiously, but with an open smile. "Of course!" he says jovially. "It is quite possible. I have a very many things and often people find what they were looking for in my shop, even if they did not know they were looking for it." He spreads his hands to encompass all the oddities and antiques around. "What are you looking for?"

Perry diCarto

Perry looked around and replied, "I'm looking for an item that is... bewitching, charming, if you know what I mean. It's meant to be a component of a bigger piece of jewelry I'm having commissioned. Gold and jewels, that's easy to find - but the right exotic component is essential." He grinned.

Just then Perry's cell rings. He gives an apologetic smile to the owner before taking the call. After a very brief call the Fairest lawyer apologizes and takes his leave.

Scene closed due to Perry's departure from the site.

Closed Thread