Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Mimir's Well) Those bloody knives...

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Bump Cryotic are you still with us?
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Yep, sorry for the wait.

"Alright, a marker and a cup of salt, coming right up." Taking a few moments he gathers the pertinent items.

Handing the Moros a thick black marker, he says "This'll work a little better than carving into the room, eh?" and gives a small smirk.

"Okay." He turns to Kiko, handing her the other item. "A glass cup half-filled with salt, here."

k
    kimura

"This will be the longest ritual I've ever done and while it's usually done with at least two others I'll manage somehow but once it starts I'll need one of you to either clap in a rhythm or use something as a drum to count 'cadence' as it were for me" as she took the items looking at the box in question "Thankfully I've prepared myself so luckily I won't have to go to the bathroom or anything"

A faint blush forms on her cheeks before padding in tabi socked feet to sprinkle a small circle of salt around the box as she placed the incense sticks in the glass with salt lighting them with kneeling on the floor clapping her hands gently as if signifying the beginning "I am ready when everyone else is"

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

"Thank you muchly, Orpheus." Toren accepts the marker and goes to where he considers the center of the structure. Upon the floor he begins to trace the Atlantean Rune design that most accurately reflected a Spatial Ward, which would enforce the stability of the willworking so that it might last longer.Though it wasn't a work of art, Toren decided it would serve the purpose of the working. The bald Mage stood, stepping back a few steps before taking a seat. There he began to unfold the Imagos he had envisioned in his mind. He purposefully avoided the use of High Speech, though he prepared himself, should the screeching noise begin from the blade. If that were the case he would have to destroy the Rune before the taint could spread.
    Rolls
    Oblations: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    [Moros Meeting] Active Spells: Ward, Speak With The Dead, Grim Sight | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 9/9 | Def: 2
    [Library Galleria] Active Spells: Supernal Vision, Unseen Aegis | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 7/7 | Def: 2

k
    kimura

As Toren went about starting his preparations Kiko pulled Orpheus over to the side and sat on the couch looking at him with a small smile "You cleaned the area before hand right?" she paused just a moment before continuing "Because that is the central precept to Shinto, Purity. Though the ritual itself is long the only thing I need you to do is to keep time with either a clap or a drum sound ever so many cadences. Think you can do that Orpheus-nii?"

"Yeah, I hardly ever use this room, it's as clean as the day I moved in." Orpheus answered, he didn't know anything about Shinto, but he certainly wasn't a slob either. "Okay, I can do the clapping thing, but..." He paused for a moment, trying to word his question. "Never mind, you know what you're doing." He cuts himself off.

She smiled at his seemed awkwardness and patted his shoulder "Well then, let's do this.."

Moving over to where she'd sprinkled the salt surrounding the Knife as she lit the incense as she started chanting focusing from memory everything she was taught as a child. Every prayer she could remember, anything and everything dealing with her belief in purity and her own sense of who she was and what she stood for.

sadly I know next to nothing on Shinto but Kiko on the other hand does..

When it neared the ending the only thing she could think of, and was prepared, to offer to the Kami was herself. Willing a part of herself into the Tapestry she fought against keeping the Mana, with her health and life offered her as best she could.

"Right." He responds simply. As Kiko moved over to the circle, He followed.

Unsure at first, there is a bit of a quiet moment before Orpheus begins clapping, slowly, but even. The expression on his face clearly showed he had no idea what his clapping was supposed to be doing, but he carried on anyway.

Eyebrows raise in surprise as the Thyrsus begins scourges herself. She had mana, what the hell was she scourging herself for? Don't overdo it... He thinks to himself.

Once she felt the pain of her scourging and the refusal of accepting the Mana, allowing it to disperse back to the tapestry, she felt the ritual had it's desired effect as she slumped to the floor visibly tired and sore.

"That.. was.. tiring.." looking to Orpheus with a small smile as she looked at Toren to gauge their timing "I hope it worked.. I -feel- it had some good effect.. but.. we can hope we stemmed the tide some.."

Closing her eyes she leaned forward thanking every Kami that came to witness this act.

I'm tired.. Tired but that felt good..

"Yeah, no kidding." All Orpheus had been doing for the past few hours was clapping, his hands wouldn't quite feel the same for a few hours. "If not, there's always the other knives to look at." He returned the Thrysus' small smile. Honestly, he had no idea what she just did would do. Either way, he probably wasn't going to open that container for a long while...

Both rituals take two hours but when all three mages stop they feel as if the blade will be secure by what they have don.

I’m closing this thread, feel free to figure out what to do next over PMs.
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread