Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Mimir's Well) Those bloody knives...

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Continued from this thread

The plan was set, now the next thing that the Keepers of Mimir's Well needed to do was to store the tainted tass blade until they could get in contact with another knife. But any number of things could happen during that time, preparations were necessary to properly secure the knife.

Orpheus' personal sanctum didn't look like anything of note on the outside, just another quaint little one story house in the middle of an average little neighborhood. As the group arrived at his place, he says to the others "So... Kiko will try and do her thing with purifying the knife, and then have at it with wards." Simple enough, right? It wasn't like the knife he was holding in the container hadn't ripped away at the groups awakened Patterns.

The inside of the Obrimos' house looked just as mundane. The front door led into the main room of the house, and on the far wall was Orpheus' desk, absolutely covered in various papers from his work, as well as a small laptop. A hallway to the right led to the house's two small bedrooms, one of which was where they were going to store the knife. Leading the others into that small bedroom, "Alright." setting the container with the knife inside down into the middle of the room, he continues "Let's get some runes onto the walls, that should help with the castings."

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

Toren looked at Orpheus and then to Kiko. "I thought she was going to purify the Museum room. But nevermind that. Kiko, are you sure you can purify the knife? We're not sure what sort of reaction we might get from it. In any case I can help with the Wards and the Runes. Though really, I'd just be fine stuffing it in a safe and then going to the Athenaeum to do research. It's a shame Aenigma had to take his Library when he left. I'm assuming he would need it to do whatever research he is conducting." For what other reason could he have left?

Toren seemed very calm, unusually so. He stood very still and seemed to think very hard when he wasn't speaking. "We only need one Rune and it should be at the center of the working. However, I recall Ariadne said that the blades did not react well to High Speech. Runes are essentially High Speech so won't we be risking the blade's activation?" The question was deeply seated in his mind. Every small detail they could gleam from the weapon was essential to understanding it.
    Oblations: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    [Moros Meeting] Active Spells: Ward, Speak With The Dead, Grim Sight | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 9/9 | Def: 2
    [Library Galleria] Active Spells: Supernal Vision, Unseen Aegis | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 7/7 | Def: 2

In Orpheus' hands he can feel a soft vibration from teh container, it was particularly strong when they left the museum but seems to have died down considerably, almost trickling into nothing at all.
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

k
    kimura

Arriving with a small duffel bag and looked at Orpheus a moment to get the directions to his bathroom, or bedroom, for her to change. Returning a short while later, having borrowed his shower and now dressed in traditional Miko Uniform and smelling of natural incense one who may have visited some shrines may have smelled before.

Her white tabi socked feet making little to no noise in and around the area Orpheus and Toren had determined a good place to do her ritual before looking at her brother's with a small amount of nervousness openly across her face but she was trying to hide it, not doing to well a job of it she felt.

"I am intending this to take a while. This will be far more difficult than anything I have ever done but I am confident in my studies in this matter, nervous but I feel this is something that can work and not trigger whatever abyssal taint." she smiled some "Plus it will not hurt to try as I am a Shaman after all.."

"That's true, I hadn't thought of it that way..." Orpheus shrugged, "We won't know for sure unless we try though, do you two want to take the chance?" He asks, the effect the blade had on them at the museum was... highly uncomfortable, at best. Taking a long look over to where the knife was stationed in the middle of the room, he remembers how the knife seemed to vibrate in the container, and how it had died down during the ride. Was it stabilizing? Or priming itself for another scream?

After receiving a response from the two to his last question, he directs Kiko to the bathroom, which from the bedroom they were in was straight down the hall and to the right just before entering his bedroom. While she was changing, he asks Toren, "So how do these wards work? I haven't had the chance to study Space at all, but the applications seem useful."

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

To Orpheus, Toren explains, "Think of it as a barrier. A bubble. Space, distance, is often misconstrued. Everything curves and can be connected by curbing that distance. However, to prevent others from reaching over those distances, to prevent the curbing of Space, barriers are erected to distort that effect. It is a nullification, though it can be breached or worn away. Best to just think of it as a bubble. It mostly just affects Spatial willworking, but Bans can be applied in conjunction with it to prevent additional subjects from entering the area of effect."

The bald architect then turns to Kiko, nodding at her uniform with some interest. "Very nice attire, fair sister. I leave the Spirits in your good graces. You say that this will be difficult. Do you believe it will take some time? If so I might take my time as well in erecting the Wards to ensure their placement." Though he asks this, he still begins to construct the Imago in his mind, visualizing the field, brick by metaphoric brick.
    [Moros Meeting] Active Spells: Ward, Speak With The Dead, Grim Sight | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 9/9 | Def: 2
    [Library Galleria] Active Spells: Supernal Vision, Unseen Aegis | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 7/7 | Def: 2

The Obrimos furrows his brow as Toren explains. "I... think I get it, like space-time, loosely. Bah, I'll make sure to learn it eventually." While he was sure mundane theory came nowhere close to how it actually happens, but every sleeper has the ability to Awaken, so they might be onto something.

As Kiko reenters wearing her uniform, he nods to her, as if affirming that whenever she was ready to go ahead. "While I'm not capable of helping set up wards yet, perhaps my skill with Prime could help if possible? Abyssal taint or no the knife is made of tass." He asks Kiko, unsure of just what kind of ritual she was going to preform.

k
    kimura

"The ritual I know is steeped in my belief and I think with some weaving of the Wilds I might be able to do something though to be honest this would be a first for me but I'm willing to try none the less"

Retrieving the incense requested she nodded her head as if agreeing with something inside her "I need some salt and some container like maybe a glass cup or something similar" moving to where Orpheus would point she looked back at her brothers with a smile "It is going to take at least an hour if not more I think. As this is a first time attempt but hey at least I'll be learning something and putting what I know to use which is why we're in our Order right?"

Key I'll get you a PM as soon as possible on the effects Kiko will be attempting.. RL has a way of screwing things up >.<

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

"It's your call, Orpheus. This is your Sanctum after all," agrees Toren with his Cabalmate.

Toren looks to Kiko and listens as she explains what she intends to do. He then smiles and looks to Orpheus. "Salt and a glass cup? Could you get that for Kiko while I inscribe a Rune for us? Oh, and perhaps a thick marker if you have one. Otherwise I might have to carve something in your drywall." asks Toren politely.

Looking back to Kiko the bald Moros reassures her, "Take all the time you think you need. We'll keep busy in the meantime. Just don't exhaust yourself or anything." Really, though, Toren had no idea if the process would be draining or not. Guess they would find out.

k
    kimura

She played over in her head the ritual and knew it was going to be taxing on her but this was for the betterment of everyone not just herself. Yet she was drawing a blank on how to actually circumvent the taint and it ate at her some as she glanced as Toren and Orpheus went about doing their thing "Oh this is going to be fun.. guess I get to work my ability to heal but with the spiritual instead of the physical. Yep this is going to be fun.."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread