Watch

Cinco De Mayo in Old Town

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
    S
    Saeyer

ooc

Ava nodded in silent agreement to Jack's statement; yes, she knew exactly how hard it was. Odds and ends jobs sounded like they paid the bills, but it was hard not to think of them as dangerous, especially to someone new to the city. Steady jobs at least afforded you people who saw you regularly, who would know if you went missing; a little work here and a little work there gave no such luxury. But maybe she worried too much, as the Winter seemed fine with or at least resigned to the set up.

Mouth full, she shook her head at the mention of a lawyer; she was decently certain no one she knew was a lawyer. But they sounded like a useful connection. But she had to wonder, how did you meet a lawyer? Instead of asking, she mashed some of the beans on her plate into a paste, with the rice included, and ate it carefully, with as little tooth as possible. This also negated her opportunity to say anything about Jack waiting tables, which hadn't seemed like the best fit in her mind but if she wanted to try it, go ahead.

She answered Jason's question while pulling a piece of meat into long thin pieces with her fingers. "I don't stay at the hotel, though I've heard they've got very reasonable rates for people that are new to town. No, I lived in my car for the first few weeks I was here." Dabbing her fingers on the napkin, she shrugged and picked up her fork again. "It wasn't too bad. But last month I got offered a spare bed in someone's apartment and I took it. Obviously can't stay there forever, but its a start."

Taking a bite of food, she added, hand in front of her mouth in an effort to be polite, "And much more comfortable than a car."

M
    Mavspade

"It would be better than my motel" She remarks on the idea of living at the Four Seasons.

" I might arrange something with the management. Mr Bates. He would be...happy to help you too." She said to Jason

Jack glanced over to Ava taking in what she said about living in a car. She couldnt imagine it...she would prefer the street, being curled up in the back seat of a car sounded like a sure way for cramps in the legs.

She shrugged the idea off taking a bite from her salad before washing it down with her drink.
    "Settling in than to your new place?" she asked Ava.

D
    DamoclesImpaled

OOC

Jason nodded slightly as he listened to the other Beasts elaborate on their living conditions, inhaling as many tacos as he could while doing so. He made a face when Ava mentioned living in her car, but it quickly disappeared. He himself had lived on the streets for a time, a brief period before he had met any other Changelings. It hadn't been a fun experience, and he could appreciate the Nix's situation that much more having found himself in a similar situation.

As Jack spoke, he thought for a moment and began to say something before reminding himself he still had food in his mouth. He furrowed his brows a little, but waited to finish eating before speaking up. He sometimes had to remind himself that most people saw it as a rude gesture to talk with one's mouth full of food. He couldn't imagine why, but with how well things seemed to be going to far, why risk making a mistake now?

"I think I'll need to check this place out, then. I appreciate how much you two have helped me get acquainted to the city." Jason's voice was calm and sincere, but his facial expression didn't do a good job of conveying his appreciation. Then again, it rarely did. "Do you think you could help me one last time and help me find this hotel? Not necessarily now. But at some point."

S
    Saeyer

At the mention of Mr. Bates her brow furrowed slightly. She had been meaning to meet him, that was probably something she should do soon. By all accounts he seemed incredibly helpful.

"Mm, yes, so far. Can't really say its my place, but certainly can't fault the hospitality." Even if she could, it wouldn't be something she'd talk about now, to two people who more than likely would eventually meet her host. Plus, whining was hardly the best way to make friends.

Wiping the corners of her mouth a napkin, she smiled. "I don't think we've been that helpful, but you're welcome regardless. And yeah, we could do that, definitely." I seem to be volunteering Jack for all sorts of things... hopefully she doesn't mind. She was fairly sure the Runnerswift would let her know if she was really bothered.

"Do you have a phone?" She began rummaging through her purse for her own.

M
    Mavspade

OOC: Oops

Jack foot tapped the ground lightly as it had started to become restless. Jack had for the most part enjoyed the company, food and drink this evening. But a building anxiety was calling her home. The hare's nose twitched a bit and glanced to Ava as she pulled out her phone and Jason.

Right...phones I forget to do this.

She pulled out her own, refusing to think on the call she had to make still. She wanted to give Ava her number yet Jason was here...a mild set back. Might as well give him the number as well. Hospitality. He did seem to relax a bit once they had seated and not so rip your throat out after chasing you down.

"My number is (Number)..." she paused making sure they got it. Her hands felt warm and begun to sweat. She paused for a moment before glancing down the street.

" I should probably go. I got quite the jog ahead of me " she glanced at her legs. " And I could use a stretch"

She paused nodding to both with a soft smile. "Thanks for company...give me a text and I will save your numbers."

"Might catch you at the Four Seasons than. Ava. Jason" She smiled blissfully unaware of the future. Jack stood up gave them both a nod and than made her leave.

D
    DamoclesImpaled

Jason quickly finished off what remained of his food before returning his attention to the other two Changelings and the ongoing conversation. So they were exchanging phone numbers? It seemed a bit... trusting. Granted, the Summer Beast had come to think of these two as associates at the least and while he no longer held them under serious suspicion, he did feel it a little odd to just be giving out personal information like that. Well... I guess I don't see why not.

Jason's phone was admittedly low-quality. He had never held any illusions of it being otherwise, and was actually a little glad for it. Most phones tended to be too complicated for his tastes. If you wanted to talk to someone, talk to them. To him, a phone was a phone and if it did anything other than act as a phone, then that was simply pointless.

He eyed Jack as she mentioned her number, reaching into his jacket for a pen to jot it down with. After a couple of seconds he had it scrawled on a napkin, ready to be saved onto his contacts list. As she left, the Hunterheart had to restrain himself a little at the sight of her leaving. To his shame, he still felt an urge to run after the Runnerswift despite the general hospitality she had shown him.

Grumbling to himself briefly, he turned back to Ava. "Regardless of what you may think, you two truly have been a help to me. Maybe not significantly, but I do appreciate it all the same." From there he pondered what to do next. It seemed like his next objective would be finding the hotel and seeing if he could stay there. "Anyway..." He scrawled his own number onto the napkin and tore it in half, pushing the portion with his number towards Ava before stuffing the rest of it in his pocket. "If you need to contact me for some reason, you've got my number. I think I'll be heading out, though." He stood and made to leave.

"Before I forget... Maybe try to text me the address to the hotel or something?" Then again, she'd already been a fair bit of help to him as it was. It wasn't like she needed to do more. Before things could possibly get awkward, Jason raised a hand and muttered a "Good-bye" before making to leave. His stomach was full and his mind was no longer as muddied. The city seemed so much clearer to him now.

S
    Saeyer

Ava took a long moment to look at her phone, not new but not terribly old, and tentatively pushed a button. Her eyes flicked to her companions and back to the electronic object in her hand as it took her a little longer then maybe it should've to get to the right menu. Mouthing the numbers Jack listed off, she punched them into her phone slowly, taking a moment to send a serreptitious glance to the napkin Jason had written on. After double checking, she tagged the contact 'Jack' and nodded

"Alright, it was good to see you. I'll shoot you a text." She raised a hand to wave as Jack took her leave.

Turning her attention back to Jason, she arched an eyebrow with a slight smile. "In that case, I'm glad." Accepting the torn napkin she glanced down at the numbers to make sure she could read them all before he left; didn't want to be texting the wrong person.

"Thanks. And yeah, I'll do that. Take care." She gave him a nod before he headed out. Glad there was no one to witness how slowly she texted, Ava punched the number in, saved it, and sent off a text with the address of the Four Seasons to Jason's phone. Satisfied it had sent, she tucked her phone away.

Full focus back on her food, Ava took her time cleaning it. Once finished she disposed of the plate she moved her way through the crowd, back toward home.

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.