Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Returning to Church

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

The Jeep pulls into the car park of All Hallow's and lets his head rest on the steering wheel for a bit, its warm leather feeling smooth on the pale skin below his hairline. He thinks about his purpose for coming to Sacramento and sits up after a few minutes. Unholstering his vintage WWII Colt, Billy checks its ammo and gives a silent prayer to the weapon, thanking it for bestowing him his Dark Gifts. Re-holstering it, Billy exits his vehicle and heads for the church, opening the door and walking calmly to the front pew to sit further and think about what the Harpy told him.

Bethem gone? That's bloody marvelous.

As Billy sits at the pew, he hears someone come in the same door he came in, walk partway down the aisle between the rows of pews and stop.

Cocking his head and looking over his shoulder, Billy gets a look at the fellow church go-er.

Billy sees a figure unfamiliar to him... a tall man, with long, tangled blonde hair and a thick, unkempt beard, dressed in ragged clothing - threadbare jeans, a denim jacket, well-worn boots and a Metallica t-shirt. Billy does not detect the Predator's Taint on this individual.

Billy simply stares at the man with a hunter's eye and thinks the man has three options open right now.

A) sit down and pray
    B)turn around and walk away
    C) say something

There was, obviously, a fourth option and as Billy's warlike mind ponders it, his hand subconsciously and subtly slips to the grip of his Colt. Pray, damn you.

The man studies Billy for a moment, then asks "Is a priest here? I seek sanctuary and... I have questions I want to talk to somebody about."

He speaks with a Scandinavian accent.

"I have only just arrived myself, friend, so I am afraid I cannot be of assistance." Billy eyes the man. "If there is a priest, they may be around somewhere. I would advise you to sit and wait."

The Scandinavian nods his head and takes a seat in another pew, across the aisle from Billy. Billy sees him fold his hands in his lap, close his eyes and lean forward a bit, head bowed. His posture is not indicative of prayer per se, but he does appear to be intensely focused on something.

It wasn't that Billy wasn't a devout individual, as a matter of fact, it had always played well for him to have someone in his corner, watching over his movements. Truth be told, he enjoyed being in the Lancea et Sanctum he just was not prepared to dive fully into the fold quite yet.

Maybe that will change now, he thinks, looking back to the Scandinavian. We could all do with a little guidance.

"Are you a citizen of the city?" Billy asks from across the aisle.

"Not yet," the man says very quietly, his eyes still closed. "That is part of what I wish to talk about."

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread