Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(WiB) The Return

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

"I can place the order for multiple copies if you need more for your book club. And I'll make sure the title gets added to our inventory. Is there a number or email I can have to notify you when it arrives?" the manager asks Rossi.

L
    LoneRanger

Mr. Rossi nods gently to the manager, and picks his business card from the pocket. He then handles it to his speaker, with a kind tone.

-"Thank you very much, and please, let me know if there are any special offers."-

In any case, he's going to pass there for a coffee or a tea. He adds the courtesy of a kind smile and attention during all the meeting.

"Thank you for your business and interest," the manager replies to Rossi before returning to the Barista for a few words.

L
    LoneRanger

Mr. Rossi thanks the manager with a quick nod and moves to the classical section earlier mentioned; he quickly gives a look to his books selection, to find the book he selected. After picking the Aeneid, he moves to the table he left his stuff. The coffee is cold... mmm, nah

He then takes a seat and finishes eating his donut. The tall Moros looks for the III Chapter of the book; the horrid tale of Polydorus. the last son of Priamus and tracks the first meeting with The Delos Oracle; He then turns to the VI Book, where he finds this wondrous words:

Excisum Euboicae latus ingens rupis in antrum,
    quo lati ducunt aditus centum, ostia centum;
    unde ruunt totidem voces, responsa Sibyllae.
    6.45Ventum erat ad limen, cum virgo. “Poscere fata
    tempus” ait; “deus, ecce, deus!” Cui talia fanti
    ante fores subito non voltus, non color unus,
    non comptae mansere comae; sed pectus anhelum,
    et rabie fera corda tument; maiorque videri,
    nec mortale sonans, adflata est numine quando
    iam propiore dei

translation

source

Rossi has no trouble locating the books and the passages, though finds that the book has already been translated from Latin to English. Fellow customers walk among the aisles of shelves and engaging in light conversation. Generally it's a regular day at the bookstore. No one jumping in and shooting up the walls, but there's plenty of time left before the store closes.

L
    LoneRanger

The tall Moros smiles, the manager behave professionally, then looks around. Perhaps some other postman might come in and fire. The Postman always rings twice...

He then proceeds to the table where the young brunette fired at Miach did sit down. The necromancer does not need to sit down; he just needs to stay near, as in observing what happened.

If no one is around the table:

In his mind, the god is near; the Imago of a spell is ready to be unleashed. He reads the book standing afoor, looking down, closing his eyes; The Moros puts the book on the table. His eyes turns black as the images starts to flow in his mind. After opening his eyes, he looks at the table as if he was behind the brunette.

if someone is seated on that place, he summarly, with the best good manners:

-"Oh, I do apologies, I was distracted by this book."-

And then the Moros willworker casts the rote, by looking down and closing his eye, muttering Latin formula.

spell

Because your roll was unclear, I have assumed you were casting Shifting Sands. However you don’t have that as a Rote, therefore, you must be casting something else. So I’ll assume that you meant to say Postcognition in the roll.

In his mind’s eye The Question can see the girl work harder at her studying, occasionally making side conversation with her friends, and chewing on her pencil as she works on a book that seems to be full of graphs and various chemical formulae.

Soon the girl’s friends get up and leave for a few more books and she waves them good bye before looking around the bookstore. The tables around her seem to fill with Mages that the Question knows and soon a Song hits the airwaves, then with the turn of the Brunette’s page her pencil falls to the floor and rolled up to Miach.

And like that the vision was over.
    This is a generic account for moderating the Mage game/forums. It cannot receive messages and inquiries should be posted on your character sheet or messaged to the specific Mage ST(s).

L
    LoneRanger

Mr. Rossi after the postcognition tries to remember the face of the folks at the table, and if it is possible, the Morso sits down at the table, to better memorise the faces seen. Perhaps a name of those who studied with her. Perhaps her name. There is some other thing he would postcog both outside and inside the locale.

OOC

Sure roll me the [INT + COM]
    And if you want to continue to postcog, you need to tell me where and when, you know the general information for casting, and then roll it.
    This is a generic account for moderating the Mage game/forums. It cannot receive messages and inquiries should be posted on your character sheet or messaged to the specific Mage ST(s).

L
    LoneRanger

I am assuming Mr. Rossi sits down.

could have been worse.
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-05-14 16:21:44 Remember you rolls 8 to Int+Com (10 Again) 9, 8, 4, 7, 4, 10, 2, 10, 10, 4, 1 5 successes

Assuming Mr. Rossi sits down in the same Brunette's seat, he's quite curious about the diagrams and the chemical formulae. So he takes a seat, open the Aeneid and looks for a particular passage of the VI chapter where Aeneas fights against the horde of spirits, muttering latin words. And with this the Imago of the spell is formed in his mind. He slowly moves the hand to form the required Mudra, so it may be some touching or scratching.

Eh these old men who loves their classic... Always scratching and itching...

Gazing through the Sand
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-05-14 16:46:07 Gazing through the Sand (II Lokking for formulae) rolls 9 to Int+Inv*+Time (10 Again) 6, 7, 10, 4, 5, 10, 10, 5, 9, 5, 1, 2 4 successes

OOC

Otherwise OR after this, the Moros moves to the counter to pay his due for the books.

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread