Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(WiB) The Return

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Continued from here

Written in Water was sparsely populated today. Since the shooting, business had been bad for the quirky artsy bookstore slash bistro. The shooters hadn't been caught and it had really hurt the establishment's reputation. Officials had declared the incident as the result of an unstable mind lashing out irrationally due to social pressures. The explanation didn't reassure city residents. Nevertheless, those ruled by habit continued to visit Written in Water and enjoy some light reading with a coffee and bagel.

A blonde barista mans the counter, taking orders from customers. When there's a lull he occasionally makes a text on his cell phone, suggesting that he's had a lot of extra time on his hands of late.

Any signs of damage to the shelves or books have been completely removed, returning the bookstore to its original state.

L
    LoneRanger

Mr. Rossi enters the venue, wearing casual clothing. Long, light grey trouser and a white shirt. He's a light coat, light greyish in his left arm.

It's been a place the Moros enjoyed to pass some time om this place, from the very beginning. He was disappointed by the temporary state of disgrace of this fine estabilishment. Despite this, the tall Necromancer does not let this transpire by his mood. Even if Ire was boiling in his chest for the recent events, he knew it's better to keep these feeling in check.

The necromancer moves inside, looking at the offers in the counter. He waits until it's possible to have a discreet chat with the barista. He smiles at her, and places his order.

-"Hello there, an espresso and a donut, please. A simple one will be fine...That one, seems delicious. Thank you. Yes, this will be fine. No milk, thank you for asking. How much is it?"-

Mr. Rossi picks his wallet from the coat, pays his due and leaves a tip, 5 dollars. After waiting his order is on the counter, and when picking up his stuff, he smiles at the barista again and talks to her.

-"Mind you, would you be so kind to inform Mr. Crowley I'd like to talk with him? I'd like some book advice for our... book club; I'm Mr. Rossi. I'd be obliged. Thank you.-

A gentle smile shines in his face, supplemented by an hand with five dollars on the counter.

The Barista, a blonde Caucasian male that appeared to be in his twenties sporting a plastic name tag that read Donald, regards his customer for a moment before declaring the price, "Five twenty-five." Only after payment was issued did the Barista hand Rossi his donut. He then moved to fetch the espresso, which normally took a couple minutes of preparation, while he answered Rossi's request. "Mr who? Crowley? Sorry, I don't know who that is. There are probably lots of book clubs that meet here. I can ask my manager if you want. He might know," suggested the Barista helpfully.

L
    LoneRanger

Mr. Rossi places his fiver on the counter, leaving it as a tip and smiles at Donald kindly.

-"Yes, the manager. Thanks a lot, Donald. I'll be waiting for him there, at the two chairs table near the stairs?"- Alas for him not all blonde were girl; he had a certain feeling. Despite this, he maintains a jolly, relaxed attitude.

He then proceeds to sit down at the table indicated by himself and takes a seat, sipping quietly the coffee and starting to have the donut.

Donald gives Rossi a shrewd look but nods his understanding. He then hands the Moros his expresso and disappears in the back for a moment. After a couple of minutes Donald reemerges with another man, older, but not likely by much. Rossi can see Donald pointing out where he sat to the manager.

The manager walks over with the briefest of smiles and asks Rossi, "Hi, I'm the manager. How can I help you, sir?"

L
    LoneRanger

Mr. Rossi stands up and greets the manager witha kind smile; he offers him an hand for shaking; he smiles at him friendly.

-"Good morning sir, I'm Mr. Rossi. I was wondering if it was possible to order some book on the mythoi of Apollo, with reference to the Delphic Oracle. Our book club would like to investigate on this argument."-

He pauses a moment to let the argument sink. The Moros broaden his smile, then putting up a half disappointed face.

-"I've been informed Mr. Crowley was quite helpful in finding and ordering books, previosuly and so I ...asked about him. I presume the management changed, Mr...?"-

OOC

The manager awkwardly accepts the handshake, still not quite sure what warranted such pleasantries. He suffered Rossi's explanation to its completion when Mr. Crowley's name was mentioned. "John is fine. Ah, I see. You're an old friend of Crowley's then, eh? I'm sorry I haven't seen him around for some time now. He used to serve on staff alongside the owner, Mr. Fell. Neither of them come around to the store much anymore. I think he might have sought employment elsewhere."

"As for your book request, if you had a title in mind I could see if we have it in stock or, if not, see if we can add it to our shelves. We do have a selection of books covering a variety of mythologies that could suit your club's needs."

L
    LoneRanger

Mr. Rossi listening with attention what the manager said.

He nods kindly to the manager, and picks up a note in his pocket with a serie of books such as: Aeneid, book III, Phedrus, Plutarch's Dialogues, he tells him with a distraught tone:

-"Ah! Did they leave? I'm sorry hearing this. When did they left?"-

He pauses a moment, putting an hand on his chin and looking at the list; the Moros informs the manager with a c'est la vie tone, handling it:

-"This is a starting list. Sorry for my verbosity Thanks, Mr?"-

After the small greeting exchange is finished, Mr. Rossi goes around the bookcases, looking for the books in the list. Unless he is stopped by someone, he'll take the mentioned books, and takes a seat in the place where the girl stood during the ambush.

If I recall Correctly, the Manager has not responded.
    DO NOT GOD MODE

"It must have been a few months ago, though I'm not sure of the exact day. The owner is a busy man, so it's no surprise he's decided to leave managing the bookstore to his staff," the manager informs Rossi sympathetically. He accept the list and looks it over quickly. "Oh yes, we do carry works by Plato and Virgil. They should be on the second floor in our classic literature section. It's likely they'll be part of a collection of ancient verses. The Pythici Dialogi, I'm not entirely sure..."

The manager picks up his phone, which apparently has an app on it that allows him to access their database as he trails off into his search. "Ah yes. Pythici Dialogi Tres by Plutarch, William Roger? I'm afraid we don't have that in stock currently. But I can easily order it for you. These are some interesting choices for your book club. You all have an interest in ancient Greek epics?" he asks curiously and politely.

L
    LoneRanger

the eyes of the Mr. Rossi blinks. He listen with attention to the manager's word, and he nods, before answering politely, with a smile and a interest in his voice.

-"Oh, our book-club has a varied approach, so some of ours are interested in Greek or Latin Epics; some other Philosophy, some other Detective stories and so on. Each of us takes wing in his own direction. The usual mix, I can assure. Regarding the book, yes, please. I'd be glad to oblige. But, ahem, who should I send my collegues?"-

Perhaps his interest on classic was clear and evident. Perhaps it is because it's part of his heritage. Perhaps it is because of the peculiar musicality of the Latin Verse. Perhaps because it's easy to hide in it the casting of a spell, by reading some verses and attach to it a formuka.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread