Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1304) Daeva : Box Seats for Family

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    N
    Noel

Daymian ignores Erich's sigh and eye roll and gives Miss Star a nod and a smile. He'd known who she was but now he had a face to match the rest. "Good evening Miss Star, it's nice to finally meet you." His smile and voice are friendly as he looked her way.

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Presence: Bewitching ●●●●●
    Striking Looks: Tempting ●●●●
    Distinct Voice: Honeyed ●●●●
    Velma Star

PRE

“Sabbatical?!” Her smile widens as she repeats Erich’s words.

“Non sense!” Velma’s left hand calmly combs her platinum hair gently stroking it behind her ear in a single motion allowing Erich a glimpse of her neckline.

The succubus makes a small pause increasing the mystery just a bit.

“… and yes I definitely look forward for another chance to share a drink!”

“…at the Lily again?” she inquires allowing Erich a chance to pick a place this time and ensuring his proposal was given proper context to the others around them.

When the songstress hears Callum’s familiar voice she turns around in her sit giving Erich a privileged view… Velma still remembers his lustful eyes… and sometimes she enjoyed fanning the flames just enough to spark a response. They were family after all.

“Mr. McCann!” Her fellow musician.

“It’s so good to hear and see you again! And no I haven’t met Mr. McMahon yet!” Velma turns to Daymian to greet him, clearly pleased by the way Callum had handled things.

“The pleasure is entirely mine Mr. McMahon.” She pauses for a moment, something flares in her mind, yes she had received an invitation with his name before but she had denied him an answer or an appearance… so she would still deny him an excuse for not going? It was better to go one step at a time and get some common ground. Velma knew little about the man and about his ways and means.
    Velma Star*
    STATUS CITY: Harpy ●●● | STATUS DAEVA: ● | STATUS INVICTUS: Lady ●●

j
    jehboi

Meeting one’s family for the first time when you were undead was really no different from when you were alive. In Alexander’s experience the event would be: a childish henpecking affair, as each of his cousins sought the attentions of their preeminent - or - a brooding game of silent chicken, an undercurrent of tension and angst permeating the air like bad cologne.

In times past, he had always tried to maintain a comfortable distance from his Clan, doing his duties yes, but keeping well clear of their inner-machinations. Of course that was easier said than done in his current position, for as a new comer it was more prudent to seek what connections he could.

And so Alexander found himself at the Ballo Bella Note. He wore a black silk tuxedo, over a crisp white shirt: Versace, to those who took note, perfectly tailored to hug his lean six foot frame. His tie was meticulously fashioned by an accomplished hand, and his shoes were polished to a resplendent shine. His outfit was completed with onyx studs, each inlaid with a simple silver cross.

Alexander Stone in Tuxedo

He wore his brown hair slicked back, and he ran his fingers casually through it as he approached the box. His Beast, a blotchy ink stain, hung behind Alexander, tendrils of night quivering.

Alexander timed his entrance with precision, slipping into the box as the curtain fell. He posed himself with a suitable expression of confidence and indifference, a mask he wore very naturally, sitting away from his cousins, but not so far as to be unnoticed.

Of course going unnoticed would have been difficult, just as it was difficult for Alex not to notice his extended family – they were Daeva after all, and it seemed that Sacremento held to the family standard. Then there was Alexander’s Beast, which growled obscenities into his ear, expressing just what it wanted to do with each clan member he looked upon.

His amber eyes were lit with reserved curiosity.

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

When the handsome stranger invaded the small room Velma’s eyes moved. Her beast growled furiously at the challenge urging her to snap the child’s neck and sate her hunger from it… it took a few moments to get the grip on herself again, the silence though, was unmistakable, her territory had been trespassed!

Hopefully such primitive thoughts leading to action only happened when the beast took control, she could be the apex predator among those assembled but that just wasn't her way…

The songstress smiled and turned her head in Alexander’s direction.

“Good evening.” If he is here he knows what this is all about, right?

“Our Priscus must be arriving soon… I trust you arrived town recently?” her pearlescent smile widened a bit, it was warm and inviting, a farcry of what was really going on in Velma’s mind… the Ravager was already Dansing.
    Velma Star*

j
    jehboi

QuoteQuote:
    I looked upon the face of god; and then she bitch slapped me.
    If Alexander had a heart, it would have stopped; as it was he looked up at the Succubus through his lashes, casting his best smile, all sparkling teeth and dimpled cheeks.

It was a courageous gesture, his Beast had fled, a whimpering and pathetic mass dug deep into his chest. Despite its trepidations it still attempted to assert itself with a hideous growl from time to time, a sound reminiscent of an aggressive Chihuahua.

Still, he was no stranger to the company of those far above him, and it was with that conviction that he remained as he was, seated with aristocratic grace, and offered the Succubus a tilt of his head.

“A particularly splendid evening to spend with family, no?” Alexander replied, his voice laced with mischief, rolling his thumb upon the pad of his middle finger, a nervous display – or – an act of boredom?

“I am indeed recently arrived, most recently, and most uncomfortably” remaining altogether aloof, “But when one is summoned, well, duty before all.”

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

Velma’s bright blue eyes kept looking to Alexander, she took his mannerisms, his abundant confidence and apparent control over the situation.

Madness? Or just an elaborate mask? Or a bit too much of both like me?

The succubus kept a small chuckle from escaping, holding it right before producing anything audible. If there was something about all her cousins was that they all had amazing vices and hell if Alexander’s wasn’t hubris… Velma had a thing about her first impressions never being wrong.

“Oh!” she gently covers her mouth with her hand when Alexander finishes talking.

“Unconfortably?”

“What a shame…”
    For just a moment her smile widens a bit, maybe this succubus also knew how to tease… or maybe she learned just from watching Alexander doing it!

“Then I guess, by all means make yourself comfortable.” It wasn't her place to allow such a thing but she did it anyway... After that the succubus moved on presenting everyone inside the box to the mysterious newcomer, they were family after all!

“I’m Velma Star, by my side is Mr. Passions, in front of me is Deputy Callum McCann, and over there is Mr. McMahon.”
    Velma Star*

Angel of Darkness
    M

Erich doesn't even feign interest at Alexander's arrival, his mannerisms, or his beast. Though the shark wants to tear the man limb from limb, blood in the water and all that. The man simply doesn't strike him as attractive enough, or interesting enough.

Then Velma has to go and introduce him to the man. It'd be rude to ignore him at that point, besides, he'd not proved himself as incompetent as Daymian. He makes the fake but polite motion to stand and greet the man as he nods in his direction. Returning to his seat he motions for the man to move closer.

"It's your pleasure to meet me Mr. Stone." He gives the man a friendly smile and a wink. "What kind of duty, if I may ask? I'm always willing to help family, and would love to assist you in anyway I can..." for a price.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

The door to the box opened a last time, and Twist stepped inside to join her family members.

Despite the potential pressures on appearance at a Daeva meeting, Twist wore the classic little black dress. Of course, it was her wearing it so that was an automatic trump up to the number. The sleeveless top showed off her neck and with a hem line that just brushed the tops of her thighs, she easily avoided looking awkwardly short, despite her actual smaller stature. Her hair was mostly unbound, falling back to mid back, a few hidden bobby pins holding it away from her face. As she was coming from work, a black lace mask covered her from tip of nose to eyebrow. Though with emphasized cut outs for the eyes, it was merely decoration and not at all an actual cover up.

Letting her eyes roam about those gathered already, she internally smothered the reactions of her Beast to those present. It was a battle that never became easy and while as irritating as it was now, she knew better than to begrudge the early warning system it often presented.

"Thank you all for coming," her voice was clear and carried through the room. Stepping further in, she made her way toward an open seat. "I hope that the show was enjoyable for everyone. Settling into the seat, she smiled warmly, motioning that everyone else should likewise make themselves comfortable. It was a Succubus meeting after all...
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

j
    jehboi

Alexander drank in Velma with a slack-jawed smiled. He did not hide his eyes drifting up and then slowly down the length of her temptations. The salacious gesture faltered somewhat when he met her eyes; his pupils grew larger, his Beast whispered: in the left ear describing with delicious detail how her strong blood would feel coursing down his throat; and in the other sniveling, begging him to flee before she took note of how feeble he was and chose to eat him.

Of course, being eaten by Velma Star was not the worst way to go he supposed. His pupils narrowed, and his smile flicked up into a puckish grin at the thought.

“Most uncomfortable, travel by crate on the open seas is highly overrated” he offered by way of explanation, a cryptic account of his arrival.
    As she presented herself, and then the others, Alexander afforded each a tilt of his head, looking at each with a touch of ‘I don’t care’ and a dash of ‘I know you don’t care that I don’t care’. Otherwise he did not move.

When she had finished, “A most inviting pleasure to meet you Miss Star, et al.” grouping the rest together, but then, a look to Callum and a respectful, “Deputy”.

“Alexander Stone, late of the Crimea” he said as an introduction, not really caring if the eastern European domain is recognized, flipping his hand at Erich’s gesture that he should move closer, saying with his hands, ‘Must I move?’. He does however, stretching up from his seat and taking one somewhat closer, a move that rouses a twitching growl of frustration from his inner monster.

“Family, Mr. Passions, is the duty I speak of” Alex adjusts his bowtie that needs no adjusting, and straitens a cufflink that needs no such attention. “But thank you so much for you kind offer, I may just take you up on it one night” with just enough edge to his voice to impart ‘I would rather immolate myself’.

When at last the Priscus arrived, Alexander stood and dutifully remained at attention until she sat. In his chair he did not quite lounge as casually as before but neither was he at full schoolboy perfect posture.

N
    Noel

Daymian nods back to Alexander as he is introduced noting the bored and rather boring expressions displayed then goes back to taking in the theater. However once the Priscus arrives he stands and dips into a bow deserving of her station. Once she is seated and allows them comfort he takes his seat as he had before though now his attention was properly on the beautiful and deadly scene that was their Priscus rather than on the surrounding theater.

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread