Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Academic Digging

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Dr. Swift sent out the information to his team as soon as he had it. The archaeologist had been granted access to some of the University equipment after normal hours. So, at the appointed time he arrived just outside the building they were to spend the evening working within, and waited for the rest of the team to show.

He was early, of course. Both because he was responsible for coordinating this evening's activities and because the University was sort of his home. His haven was less than a quarter mile from this spot, and he had only needed to brush the dirt off of his coat to be ready for the evening.

With him he has his ever present cane and satchel. The satchel contains, of course, the journal of interest along with all the accumulated notes they had made so far. Hopefully tonight would actually yield some results.

Continued from here.
    Teodor Raluca , Bigpaw , Chrisie

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Much as the former evening had been disappointing, Aïleen had hopes for that one. The Mekhet arrived in pink clothes, a smile on her face. She had her now customary laptop computer, as well as a notebook and various pens. She wasn't proficient in Auspex, so she had decided to bring along a magnyfying glass as well.

She slowly found the building where she was to meet her fellow investigators, and walked to the Gangrel professor. His Beast was no more unknown, and so she easily managed to dismiss Sobek's futile attempts at arousing a reaction in her.

"Good evening, Pr Swift. I hope you are well this evening ?" she asked while extending her hand.

B
    Beej

Taking his new motorcycle to the university, Teo parked it near the science building and made his way down to the lab. It was clean and high tech looking, at least to him. Call him old fashioned, the Dragon preferred his halls of learning with a few decades of weathering and pleasantly overgrown. Tonight he forsook his normal robes to blend in, lest he raise inconvenient questions for the good doctor. Wearing a used black jeans jacket, black long sleeve shirt, black work pants and his normal black shoes, he looked like he could have been a professor or a retiree taking a class with his bushy white beard. Under his jacket though was his customary rosary and prayer beads wrapped around his right wrist. With him was his canvas satchel with pens, notebooks and sundry goods one needed for research. Finding the lab finally, Teo entered and the Doctor's beast caused the Serpent to hiss and spit. But bound by the Coils of the Dragon, the monk did not fear it getting loose.

"Ah wonderful. Good evening. This all looks..expensive and exciting." he said with a chuckle, looking around the room full of science-y equipment.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Eager to make progress tonight, Martha actually skips along to the meeting. Skipping and limping, her twin tails bob in time with her activity.

She's dressed for the event: as usual meekly and sweetly attired in an English school uniform: a black 'winter pattern' felt broad brimmed cap of the Edwardian English school fashion and of the traditional winter design...neat black blazer. A pair of scholarly wire-framed spectacles are perched on the end of her nose. A long black gymslip which shows her remaining slim leg to mid calf. Her ebony black hair is tied into long neat twin tails. Each twin tail is tied with a large red silken ribbon bow. White kneesocks on her trim and athletically slim flesh leg. Carefully polished black Mary Jane shoes and her C-Leg.

Offering a happy and cheery smile and greeting to those gathered;
    "Good evening, Doctors! Brother!" she smiles again. Leaning for a moment on her cane as she rubs hard at her crippled hip. Steadying her Beast before limping over to join the trio and peer with obvious interest at the items on display.

"Goodness me! I do see some interesting things!" she smiles and looks to Dr Swift, as if inviting him to expand on his project for the evening. "I am looking forward to helping you all, if I am able!"

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Dr. Swift smiles and returns greetings to each of the others as they arrive. "I am glad my message reached each of you," he says as they make their way into the building and find the lab. He nods to the staff on duty and makes sure they are expected before they come to the lab itself.

He assumes that the local university is like most. That is to say, mostly older pieces of equipment with two or three new pieces that serve as the department's pride and joy, and all scattered about one or more floors of smaller lab rooms. One often found small conference rooms scattered about between the labs and faculty offices and at least one are with a coffee maker, microwave, and refrigerator. The last wouldn't be overly useful to them, but it was there for grad students who often spent all-nighters working on one project or another.

Finding an empty conference room he sets down the satchel and produces the journal again. He closes the door after everyone has entered to make sure they won't be easily overheard or "Alright, we have several things we should try to look at here. Some tests will certainly be easy enough and quick enough to perform, while others might take a few hours or more. I suggest we divide up into pairs and work out a schedule. If any of you have any experience with any of the machines or tests then you can pick up those. If not I'll try to explain the basic hows of the simpler examinations so we can all be working on something."

He also produces a box of gloves and sets them on the table. "Also, this is an artifact evaluation. While I know we don't normally worry about things like skin oil or breath disturbing things around us, there is procedure here designed to protect ancient, fragile things. I would politely request that we follow this procedure even if it seems pointless. If nothing else, it helps keep up a good image if anyone comes poking around."

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Greeting her two fellow Dragons, and Shadows, Aïleen moved along into the University. She carefully tried to stay out of Suplicant Villiers's way, even though she shared her energy, tonight. While she was no formal academic, Aïleen knew this place to be a center of learning, and rejoiced at the opportunity she was offered to once again pit her mind against this enigma of a book with new tools. If nothing else, she would learn how to use new tools, new procedures while keeping her mind away from other, more personal, matters.

Taking the gloves offered by the Gangrel, she put them on while looking at the equipment. "Pairing is fine by me, though I'm afraid I've no experience with those machines. I'm a quick study, though." she offered with a reassuring smile, trying to sound confident.

Dr. Swift nods at Ms. McFarlane's addition. "Good, we'll pair off then. The first two things we should look at I think are an x-ray or some other non-destructive internal scan of the journal itself and an examination of the pages for hidden and invisible inks. I suggest that two of us take the journal for the scan while the other two take some of the loose pages and begin chemical examination on them. The examination of the pages is less technical but takes a more active effort, and some of the tests will likely be destructive so we'll have to be cautious there."

The doctor pauses and glances toward Brother @%1; and Herald Villiers ( Chrisie ). "Do either of you have a preference of testing or additional or alternative suggestions? I can begin by setting up the scanner with someone and then come check on the examination of the pages once that's set up so long as someone can keep an eye on the machine."

B
    Beej

Teo glanced at Martha and then back at Swift after the doctor laied out what exactly needed to be done. "I am..curious about this chemical test. If it alright I would like to join you for that?" The alchemist in the Dragon stirred at the idea. Learning a few new chemicals and chemical practices could yield some interesting line of inquiry down the road after all.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha was looking over the equipment and giving the whole matter thought. As Dr Swift spoke to her, and asked her views, tiny Martha looked up and smiled; "Oh...well...I am unsure what to do next. My thinking keeps going back to trying to locate Tyrant Tobias Straphien...the evidence pointing to his involvement in these murders and activities seems pressing. So...with this in mind, what tests or work can we do to help locate him...prevent him and his minions from attacking any more of our brethren?" she looks at the equipment, wondering what to do next. There's a small tone of sadness and anxiety in her voice.

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

"I can keep an eye on the scanner" offered the brunette Mekhet. It seemed more interesting to her, as well as less involved and likely to go wrong.

What Supplicant Villiers proferred about Tobias Straiphen was completely unknown to her, though, and she tilted her head as she tried to remember anything pertaining to the name. She already knew it would be futile, though.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread