Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Coffee Coffee Coffee!!!

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

"Ahh. Ok, that makes my life easier...." Grabbing a napkin, Kite takes out a pen and begins writing on it. "I'm Free Council, by the way... and..." with a flourish, Kite finished what he was writing, and offered it to Azure. "...that's the contact information for Gallows. He is the leader of the Catalyst, and is also a Ladder... and also a good friend."

The slim willworker sat back down and started to settle in once more. "One of the ideas that we're currently test-running is a fostering program for new arrivals. The concept is to give these new arrivals a home where they can orient themselves to this city's environment, as well as a safe sanctuary to make mistakes in. At the same time, it provides both the Catalyst and the fosters a chance to get to know each other, to see if they would make a good match." Kite took a sip of his coffee. "Anyway... that's the general idea. So far, we have one foster... a member of my order which I brought forward." Kite cast a sympathetic look towards Azure. "I'm hesitant to bring forward a second foster when neither of the other two members have introduced one yet. So... I think your best bet is to contact Gallows."

Kite shot the new arrival a reassuring smile. "Don't worry. Gallows is polite, professional and eloquent. He is also well-regarded by the Consilium... unlike me." Kite rolled his eyes as he took another sip of his coffee. "That said, you should expect some pointed questions; fosters have significant access to our resources, so we need to carefully vet applicants."

"Ah, thank you kindly for the offer. I'll have to speak with Gallows after I make contact with the Deacon," Azure replies, folding the napkin gently and placing it in her purse.

"I do already have somewhere to stay, though, so I won't need to rush matters. Hopefully that will ease the interview process?"

While Kite and Azure start conversing about foster programs and Cabals, Orpheus sits by quietly sipping on his second coffee. Glancing every so often at Uncarved, unsure of what to ask of him.

Hey, so what is it you monkish types do that makes you stay eternally bald? Or is that just a stereotype all of you coincidentally fit into? He grins internally, what the hell kind of an icebreaker is that?

You seem like the type that's the life of a party... Nope, he'd never get away with saying that cliche out loud.

Rather than voice any of the numerable thoughts going on in his head to start a conversation with the monk, the Obrimos remains silent, trying his best not to choke on his drink.

Uncarved
    Uncarved

PRE

Uncarved's eyes moved back and forth as Azure and Kite spoke. Then he seemed to rouse himself and shifted his attention to Orpheus.

"And so. If I may ask, to which circle do you belong? You are of the Mysterium, yes?" He raised his cup one more time. It was open to interpretation if he was going to blow on his drink or wait for a reply.

"Mysterium, yep." Orpheus nods in response to Uncarved's question. "Keepers of Mimir's Well, er, that's my Cabal if that's what you mean by circle."

"I take it you're a thearch? I've spoken with Gallows once or twice, but I don't think I've met any others, you two notwithstanding."

Uncarved
    Uncarved

PRE

"We are few in this Consilium," Uncarved replied gravely. He paused in thought. "I know a little of the Catalyst. Would you be willing to share a little information of your Keepers of Mimir's Well?"

What is it that you keep? Uncarved held tight to the thought. It would not be polite to press for such a thing in the current company.

"I'm honestly not sure." Kite admits to Azure. "A lot of this depends on what Gallows thinks. We're friends and I know him moderately well, and I can say with certainty that he will take your request seriously. However, I can't guarantee anything else at this point."

Kite looked at Orpheus when he mentioned Mimir's Well. "Is that the cabal Aenigma is a part of?" he asked curiously.

"Ah, well. Thank you very much for the info. I should be going now, ta."

"And have a good day, to all of you."

With that, the space-efficient wizard finishes her drink and deposits it in the trashcan on her way back to her car. She speeds off in her yellow convertible.

Azure exits the scene

Going by our unwritten one month rule :P, do you guys mind if we start wrapping up as well?

"Ah, later then." The Obrimos watches as Azure exits, and speeds away. Nice car...

To answer Kite's question the Mystagogue responds"Yeah, unfortunately he had to take off on some urgent business though, I'm not sure when he'll be back." He has to stop himself from saying 'if he comes back', He was sure the Mastigos wouldn't just leave his work here unfinished, would he?

Uncarved
    Uncarved

PRE

Not a problem here

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread