Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Coffee Coffee Coffee!!!

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

"Ah, I'm already pursuing those options. Thanks for the primer," Azure replies to his opening speech, not having more to say on the issue after the B word is brought up.

"Poor little bookstores can't get a break, can they? Everyone survived that, I heard? Still, tragic." The joke she snuck into her remarks is followed by sincere concern. And she managed to not swear very much. Maybe this will win some friends.

One moment, Kite was introducing himself and looking very much relaxed. The next, he was sitting straight up - as though stuck by a pin – appearing somewhat pale, and beginning to noticeably sweat. Turning towards Orpheus, he nervously looked towards the willworker, clearly concerned.

“Uhh.... Et'slay ebay oremay arefulcay…(!)” he spoke in a friendly, if very nervous tone.

After first looking around him to make sure no one was listening in, he turned to the rest of the table.

“So… does anyone mind if I…?” he asked as he wiggled his fingers, as though he were a cartoon wizard casting a spell...

"Do a puppet show? Fondle things?" Azure asks him sarcastically in response to his gestures. "I don't appreciate being touched by strangers, but you're free to do whatever else you like, so long as it's not too over the top." She winks after her statement.

Uncarved
    Uncarved

PRE

"Of course. Please, do what must be done." Uncarved raised his cup once more to his lips.

"Yeah... Sorry, it's better if these two know sooner rather than later..." The Obrimos gave Kite his best 'I'm sorry dude' face, before turning back to his drink with a frown on his face. That bluntness bit him in the ass faster than expected...

"Go ahead, what could go wrong?" He shrugged

Taking his time to focus, the slim willworker reached out with his mind, weaving his techné around the group; Azure and Orpheus were first, before he followed up with Uncarved and himself. His task complete, Kite faced the group again, bearing a somewhat embarrassed, sheepish expression.

“We should be ok now, provided we keep our voices fairly low and don’t attract attention.” Kite turned a sympathetic look towards Orpheus. “I’m sorry. I realize that I was a bit overbearing, but I didn’t want to risk you getting into trouble.” Kite looked at each of the willworkers at the table in turn as he explained. One time, I called Avalon on the phone – a private phone conversation, mind you - and introduced myself and my position. Before I could say anything else, she rebuked me, ordered that I memorize the ‘Precepts’, and then told me to contact her when I was done… at which point, she hung up.”

After sighing deeply, Kite took a sip of his coffee. “Anyway, to expand a little on what Orpheus said, I’m a member of the Catalyst. We’re primarily concerned with getting different groups to work with each other. I could also provide you with contact information for some of these groups if you want…”

Kite drops his ‘Mage Sight’ spell, and casts ‘Incognito Presence’ on everyone (3 suxx):
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-04-29 15:29:40 Kite rolls 7 to Casting 'Incognito Presence' (Gnosis + Mind + 2(HS) -2(targets: Kite & Uncarved)) (10 Again) 9, 6, 9, 8, 3, 3, 7 3 successes
    2013-04-29 15:28:46 Kite rolls 7 to Casting 'Incognito Presence' (Gnosis + Mind + 2(HS) -2(targets: Cry & Azure)) (10 Again) 4, 4, 8, 8, 4, 2, 10, 4 3 successes

"This Catalyst wouldn't happen to have any openings, would it?" Azure inquires immediately, quietly, and directly to Kite. The brief description he'd given had already gotten her full attention and interest. "Work with each other" - was there a higher calling? Not to her.

Uncarved
    Uncarved

PRE

Uncarved stirs in his seat. His eyes drift back to, and settle upon, Azure. There is a considering weight in that stare. He says nothing at this point, content to let the conversation flow around him.

Kite looked up, clearly startled, at Azure’s statement. For a second, he looked confused, unsure what to say and unable to articulate a response.

“Well, I’m not sure… to tell the truth…” he finally managed to blurt out. “We do have a foster program but….” Kite raised an eyebrow as he changed tracks. “Forgive me for asking but, what order are you associated with… if any? Knowing that will help…”

"The Ladder. And yourself?" Azure answers and returns the question with a polite maintenance of eye contact and gentle smile towards Kite. Bit odd he'd be put off so easily if his job is to make people cooperate... hmm. Off day? Or high level of local apathy? Questions to add to my queue.

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread