Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Coffee Coffee Coffee!!!

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Kite’s eyes shot up as he thought he heard a familiar voice. With his very distinctive speaking style, Kite spent little time finding the monkish ‘Uncarved’ speaking with another individual, who he didn't recognize. No sooner had he spotted the pair when he heard Orpheus, who had somehow managed to surreptitiously slip behind him.

“Oh!” Kite looked back and forth between Orpheus and Uncarved, somewhat startled. He quickly recovered though, and took a moment to take his drink and order before responding further. “Hey, it’s good to see you again!” With both of his hands full, Kite could only nod and smile towards Orpheus, before shooting a glance towards Uncarved’s table. “Hey... are the three of you… all together? If so, do you mind if I join you for a bit…?”

Uncarved
    Uncarved

PRE

"Quiet. Contemplative. Peaceful. Unless I wish to test a boundary in order to learn of oneself," Uncarved drank deeply from his cup. "The last does not happen often. I find it... troubling... around people sometimes. Too distracting." He adds the last honestly for it is true and there is no point in denying it.

"Yep, good to see you too." Orpheus returns politely, As he orders and grabs his refill and Azure's, he continues "Yeah, seems like people like us tend to gather in the same spots." shrugging. He'd have to ask an Acanthus about that later, they knew all about coincedence, those lucky bastards.

Returning to the table after musing to himself about the luck of Acanthi (Acanthuses? Acanthus plural?) , He hands Azure's sugary coffee confection to her with a "Here ya go." and returns to his seat.

"What'd I miss?"

"Thanks much, what do I owe ya?" Azure says as she accepts the big cup of deliciousness and pokes a straw into it.

"I was just mentioning my newness to the area and asking about what the cool kids are doing. That sort of chit chat."

"Who's your friend?"

Uncarved
    Uncarved

PRE

Uncarved nodded politely in Kite's direction. He did not say anything; instead he shuffled his seat along to make some space. He let the invitation hang there, unspoken. If Kite wished to join them, there was now a space for him at their table.

Kite politely grinned and nodded to Uncarved as he walked over and took a seat beside him. “Thanks!”

He gave a friendly nod towards Orpheus as he set his drink and order on the table, and then turned and offered his handshake to the unfamiliar woman. “Hi! It’s a pleasure to meet you. My name is Stephen Kite... but my friends usually just call me ‘Kite’.”

"Ah, it's <Price of whatever the drink was, because I'm lazy.>." He shrugs, he wasn't exactly counting out quarters to pay for the coffee.

Opening his mouth to introduce Kite, the syndic beat him to the punch, and the Mystagogue smiles at himself a little bit. "Well, as far as what the cool kids are doing, everyone I know've been trying to organize themselves into their own little circles." He answers Azure, opting not to use the word Cabal. "Lots of nasty things going about, good to have some friends with you."

"Great, here you go," Azure says to Orpheus, handing him the dollar approximation of the price he indicated in repayment for enabling her sugar rush.

"Hey, Kite. Call me Azure. Nice to meet you." She accepts his offered hand with a gentle, well-moisturized grip. Turning back to Orpheus, she can't help but ask, "Oh? And how does someone get involved with one of these little meetups?" She didn't want to sound too dismissive, but the demands of subtlety and limits of the English language required her to say something that might come off that way. Please don't be randomly offended. Pretty please.

Uncarved
    Uncarved

PRE

Uncarved's peculiarly present, yet sublimely vacant, glance landed on Azure briefly for a moment before roving across the table to settle on Orpheus. "That is indeed a good question," he said raising his cup carefully. From his eyes, however, there is a suggestion he was much more interested in the other point that the Obrimos made.

"Well, Your best bet would be to talk to your group's leaders." He answers calmly, hopefully that would be obvious enough to mean her order. "Ah, if you don't work with any of the five big groups, there's this DJ named Jammer down at the Rage who can help you out as far as finding one. Joining one or being fostered by one though is the, uh, meetup's jurisdiction. 'Course you can always just try and make your own with some friends." Orpheus sips at his coffee, undisturbed.

Setting his drink down, he continues, speaking softly "There are five of these little circles in the city that I'm aware of." He begins, counting them off on his hand one by one. "There's my group, we refer to ourselves as the Keepers of Mimir's Well. There are the Medstars, who I can probably get you in contact with if you want. The Catalyst, I haven't spoken to anyone from there I don't think. Unbound Smoke's the fourth, again, as far as I know I haven't spoken to anyone from that group. Lastly theres the Archangels, if you keep up with the Aethernet they've claimed the Arden Arcade area, they also have a tendency to not screw around either."

Elaborating on his other point, he turns to Uncarved, "It's... A little gruesome to be honest..." Attempting to clear the images from his head he takes another sip of his drink. "Recently a number of our people have been disappearing, and then coming back... In pieces. Put bluntly, there's reason to believe Banishers or a left-wing group are involved." While he disliked dropping the euphemisms for the moment, and it would probably come back to bite him in the ass later, he needed to be perfectly clear. Disinformation can kill. "If you've ever been to Written in Water, it's this nice little bookshop everyone used to hang around at, it's been declared unsafe due to the pretty recent shooting there." Leaning back, it's clear he's finished speaking.

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread