Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
(Private) Right Exchange

Miach

PRE

Strolling casually on N St toward the Museum, Miach was enjoying the lengthening of days and the end of winter. He only wore casual jean denims and a shirt with a jean jacket, without any adornment but his faithful silver stethoscop hidden close to his chest. On his back was his bag along with some coffee and a chocolate and pear cake. The Enchanter had always been the kind to enjoy a pleasant and comfortable weather, and the wind on his face was a great feeling. Before entering the Museum, he paused and watched the lightplay on its facade, which made the building look noble and proud. Fitting.

Tonight was another session with Aenigma, and he hoped to prove the Warlock that his progress was no fluke, but a genuine understanding of those Real Laws that governed Space. He walked in resolutely, a confident smile on his face.

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma had been putting in some extra hours at the museum that week. Obviously, not everything he had been doing was directly related to his mundane job there. That was the beauty of working at the Fillard, he could get paid for his mundane work, while remaining close to his Order's headquarters to indulge in his own areas of more esoteric study...and keeping an eye on things of course. After all, Tyria had trusted him as a Censor, and he was not going to let her down.

That evening, he had agreed to meet with Miach so they could continue their lessons. Even though his first impression of the Acanthus when they met over a year ago had been a little negative, their relationship seemed to be changing. Such was one of the benefits of Guanxi; not just the exchange of knowledge, but developing those deeper bonds between teacher and student...and in their case, they both filled the two roles.

"Hey Miach," said the young Warlock as the other Mystagogue walked in. "How are you doing tonight?"

Miach

PRE

"Good evening, Aenigma. I'm doing fine, thank you. What about you ? managing the workload ?" It was something of a joke between those two very busy mystagogues to see who had the less "free time" on their hands.

Miach entered the office they had turned into a make-do training ground, and removed the coffee and food from his bag, carefully putting them on a table nearby. "Well, I look forward to tonight's session !" he said with mirth in his voice.

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

"Glad to hear you are doing well," replied the Mastigos with a smile. "Oh, well you know how it is. Been busy, but I'm managing." He let out a soft chuckle after saying those words. Aenigma noticed that his fellow Mystagogue had brought some coffee and snacks, which he was certainly thankful for.

"Yes, it should prove to be interesting," replied the young Censor as he closed up a book and put some papers away. "So, where would you like to begin tonight?" So far, Aenigma had grasped the basics of the Time arcanum, thanks to his early lessons with Miach. However, there was still much for him to learn, and much for him to teach his fellow Mystagogue as well.

Miach

PRE

"Well... well..." the Acanthus hadn't really decided what he would like to do this evening, but on a whim, he offered a suggestion.

"What about we start with some Time ? Are you rested enough ?" and he gave Aenigma an appraising look. "Here's what I suggest, first, you put on the Time Sight. Then, I shall put a Time Shield around me, and you will try to perceive it. And last, we'll do some light sparring, and you'll try to ride the flow of Time to land a hit on me. Sounds about good ?"

Miach hadn't looked into the future to see how this evening may turn out, but he didn't have to.

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma nodded at the Acanthus' suggestion. "Certainly, I think I can do that," he said in response to his fellow Mystagogue's suggestion. "I must warn you though, I'm not particularly good at the whole sparring thing." The Warlock let out a soft chuckle, shaking his head slightly. "What's the saying? I'm a lover, not a fighter?" He gave Miach a quick wink after saying those words and then laughed again.

"Alright, let's give this a try," said the young Censor, giving the Enchanter a firm nod. He stood from his seat and began to focus his mind on the task at hand. Aenigma began to chant as he weaved the spell together, creating the Imago of the sight spell in his mind. The Sphinx opened his mind's eye, becoming aware of the flow of time around them.

"Ok; ready for the next step," he said, offering Miach a smile.

3 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-04-11 09:10:19 Aenigma rolls 6 to Gnosis+Time+HS to cast "Temporal Eddies" (10 Again) 1, 10, 5, 2, 6, 10, 1, 10, 4 3 successes

Miach

PRE

"Rest assured, I'm no fighter either. My... performances at the boxing tournament, or the swordsmanship one, should be proof enough of that." Miach replied, chuckling in unison to the Warlock.

Making a few fake moves, he tried to show what he meant to the boyish looking mystagogue."You'll just try to land a hit with the palm of your hand, it should be more than enough for our purpose, I reckon."

When Aenigma started chanting the words of High Speech linked to Perception and Time, Miach's ear tingled. He had never paid attention to it before, but the accentuations of High Speech were really an alien tongue, like it didn't come from this world. Strange. Regardless, as soon as the Mastigos was finished, the Acanthus followed in suit. "Alright, my turn then. Please look carefully."

The words rolled on his tongue, twisting it in strange ways that he didn't even notice as he focused on the Imago of the spells he wanted to impose on this layer of "reality". He must have mispronounced one at a point, because his second spell escaped him, and he had to retry. Let's make the most of it, then...

"Well, tell me what you saw, first ?"

Two spells
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-04-12 16:18:21 Miach rolls 5 to Gno 2 + Time 2 + HS 2 to cast "Temporal Dodge" -1 retry (10 Again) 9, 7, 7, 10, 7, 6 2 successes
    2013-04-12 16:17:58 Miach rolls 6 to Gno 2 + Time 2 + HS 2 to cast "Temporal Dodge" (10 Again) 4, 4, 5, 2, 5, 5 failure
    2013-04-12 16:17:01 Miach rolls 6 to Gno 2 + Time 2 + HS 2 to cast "Temporal Eddies" (10 Again) 6, 3, 10, 9, 10, 4, 10, 8, 3 5 successes

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma felt a little more at ease when Miach clarified what the expectations were for the exercise, giving the Acanthus a nod. "Ok, that doesn't sound all that bad," he said, offering the other Mystagogue a simple smile. "I'll give it my best shot."

When Miach instructed him to look carefully, the Warlock nodded in response and focused his whole attention on the Enchanter. As the spells were cast, he focused on what was taking place before his eyes, carefully studying the scene with the help from the Unveiling spell he had cast on himself.

"I saw...yours words as they moved through the time stream," explained the Sphinx when prompted about what he had witnessed. "First slow, then fast. Wrinkles in the now, as you drew the power of the Supernal around you. There was a slight hiccup, and it felt as if time had stopped for a brief moment...but then it resumed." Aenigma paused after saying those words, focusing his attention on the now before speaking again.

"It is 7:52 pm, with 37 seconds and counting," he mused out loud before realizing what he had just done. The young Censor quirked an eyebrow as he pulled out his phone to check on the time before turning his attention to the Acanthus in front of him. "Clocks aren't much of a necessity to you, are they?" he said, letting out a soft chuckle.

Miach

PRE

"No, not quite indeed." Miach replied to the latest query of the Warlock. "The downside though is, we hardly have any excuse when we're late." he added with an impish grin.

"Your Sight has been correct. I've had to call twice on the Realities of Time before making them take hold here." and he shrugged, trying to dismiss the fear that something like that would happen in his hour of need. It was only possible in this Fallen World, alas. "Since you perception is good, it's time - no pun intended - to try and be more active."

"OK, now, try to move your perception upward the time stream, and see yourself trying to hit me. Then, use that knowledge, and do it. Ready ?"

It wouldn't be long, and the Enchanter prepared to get hit, or close enough. He knew he could be quite quick when needed, and he hoped he would push the other mystagogue to really try and use the trick of Knowing the future. The past would be but a breeze after that.

Closed Thread