Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
More shopping (private)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    S
    Sasha

There were some perks to having a best friend who was an attorney. At least when it came to business sides of things, she had someone who knew what was what. L’aire knew three things going into this; she wanted a small place but big enough to move in, it had to be walking distance from her place and there was another purpose to it for Winter.

Perry diCarto had picked her up in his schnazzy convertible. Which had it’s benefits, it looked awesome, it was fun and it also could say things the Dancer couldn’t ‘don’t fuck me over’ at least to the real estate agents. Perry was kind enough to at least go through quite a few places in his spare time. Who would think that a Fairest…Lawyer had spare time. So lined up that day was a list of small spaces, some of which would need converting.

“Alright, we’re supposed to meet this guy… where now?” The Fairest asked her Spring friend as the car was pulling out of her apartment building. Leafing through the files he had ready for her, there were a couple that she already wrinkled her nose to. “Okay, we can rule out anything on top floors. And probably basements. I want it main level if at all possible. Or else a building that has an elevator in.” Her eyes flicked up to the Shadowsoul. “Just in case I get a few handicapped people.” It may have sounded stupid, but even those wheelchair bound wanted to dance.

And… in case of emergency, it was easier to get the hell out.

“Oh, did I over do it with the outfit?” The Fairest didn’t really do this kind of thing often. “Hell, when I went to work at Studio One I showed up in a dance outfit because it was an audition.” L’aire’s attire was compiled of a little black dress and John Holt ’s suit jacket, pinned inside and the sleeves rolled up. Which probably looked pretty hot on her with the addition of black heels and the necklace Perry gave her. The Dancer didn’t own that kind of thing and John didn’t wear it all that often, so it would be easy to just dry clean afterwards. Currently, it still smelled like her Chaplain. "If I did, I can go change real quick."

Perry diCarto

Perry looked over at the files she had on her lap as they stopped at a red light. The Shadowsoul looked good, as usual, in his favorite suit and tie - it seemed that even the scar on his cheek could not stop the moneymaker. He was excited to help his buddy out with her dance studio. L'aire deserved to have a school of her very own - she'd been working so long for others, but had the talent and the resume to run her own place without question. She wasn't just any dancer.

"Uhh, looks like downtown. I think this one's a main floor place, a nice little stand-alone. I thought it was quite nice and accessible - which is always good. Bus routes nearby, too, for the students." He flashed her a big ol' grin. "And the outfit's great. You are really, really, really ridiculously good-looking." He snickered, the Zoolander coming across quite nicely. "So how do you want to do this? Want me to keep quiet unless the agent gets a little screwy? Bulldog negotiator?" He leaned in quietly and gave her a wink. "I can even make whoever it is want to give you a great deal." A chuckle. Perry was joking.

He usually only used the magicks of Spring for good.

3 sux for really, really ridiculously goodlooking - SODA active pregame
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-04-05 17:35:22 Perry diCarto rolls 6 to SoDA Take Two?! (10 Again) 8, 7, 7, 10, 1, 7, 5 2 successes
    2013-04-05 17:35:11 Perry diCarto rolls 7 to Songs of Distant Arcadia (10 Again) 6, 3, 3, 7, 7, 3, 1 failure
    2013-04-05 17:31:24 Perry diCarto rolls 4 to Int+Expression to Zoolander (10 Again) 8, 1, 10, 10, 1, 4 3 successes

SoDA active... 'cause you never know when lawyer's gotta lawyer.

S
    Sasha

L’aire glanced to Perry with a quirked brow. “Uh huh… and I take the bus once in a while.” Pretty sure he wasn’t trying to point out she was a bus taker, but still couldn’t resist poking him a little as she shook her head and grinned.

Pursing her lips a minute and closing her eyes. “I don’t know about this really. I guess play it by ear?” The Fairest breathed in a little. She was uneasy and a bit anxious. Tapping the file folders swiftly strumming. “This just all seems so… permanent.” Spanning her hands out on the folder and smoothing them along the thin cardstock.

“Well that one sounds appealing anyway. But I’m not going to just go with the first choice. There are other little things I’d like to have too.”

“I suppose this is like what I heard about weddi… oh you know, that whole ‘when you see it, you’ll know’ sort of crap.” There was a subtle eek face that she made a reference to a wedding dress. It was that damn time of year, and a gal at studio one wouldn’t stop talking about the dress – the hair- the decorations – the flowers blah blah. But as much as L’aire pretended it annoyed her, it really didn’t.

Strumming the folder again. “Anyway, yeah of course I don’t want to be screwed over.”

Perry diCarto

Perry nodded at the 'play it by ear' part. No big deal; improvisation and going with the flow was essential to the criminal lawyer's practice. "Yeah?" he asked after she mentioned it was all so permanent, encouraging her to explain further. "It's a lovely step for your business, but you're only as tied as you want to be; that's the beauty of leases." A reassuring grin. Settling down some would no doubt be hard for the Winter Courtier, but her desires mattered, too. She deserved this great advancement in her professional life.

The lawyer chuckled at her wedding reference. "Oh, absolutely. It'll be love at first sight, honey. When you see that fabulous dr - I mean, studio, you'll just know it." He chuckled and smirked playfully as he poked a little bit of fun. "And no matter what, I won't let you get screwed over. You should see how scary I can be when people try to screw my best bud over. Rawr."

He made a little claw motion with his hand as he said it. Perry might seem like a flamboyant pussycat, but he was a Shadowsoul. Fear was easy for him.

S
    Sasha

“And that’s why I have you. Obviously I don’t know that much about leases from this stand point.” L’aire realized that during the first few months paying rent was strange. She hadn’t paid for wherever she stayed for many years thanks to the Cirque.

The Dancer’s graceful hand went up in a slight stop motion. “Hey hey. Vanessa is getting married in uh, September or something. Every time I’m in the locker room or break room she doesn’t shut up about it.” Rolling her eyes as she smirked and thought of something. “Do they call it blushing bride because they talk so much about it they run out of air and their face turns red?” Okay that was a bit cynical L’aire The Winter wasn’t really bitter about it, but some days she felt like she was being beaten with a bouquet and tulle as a reminder of what she really did want.

Shaking her head. “Anyway, I suspect I’ll fall for something when I see it and it's perfect.” Kind of like she did for John.

L’aire quickly turned entirely to Perry as he made the sound and cat motion. “You? Scary?” And then she let out a rather big laugh then shook her hand down to her lap. “Okay, that was mean. But you know I haven’t seen you in some heated court case or anything.” Then something did occur to her from last year. Shaking her finger in the air. “Well wait, there was that bitch that was trying to do whatever to Tobias. Although that may have been only an inkling of aggravation from you.” The Dancer still remembers how pissed she was. What a creeper.

C
    Cross

The Shadowsoul laughed at the blushing bride comment. "Oh, I have no idea. Bearing in mind I'm of the not-allowed-to-marry persuasion, I usually don't have to deal with that sort of problem - but once upon a time I was someone's maid of honour. Well. Man of honour. I dunno. Anyway. She went on and on and on too, and I was obligated to help her pick through a thousand dresses and chair coverings and all that. That part was less than fun." He then grinned wickedly. "The stagette was awesome, though... but what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas." He winked at the Dancer and began a left turn at a light. "Seriously though, you will totally find something that just clicks and that'll be that. My office was the same way when we were looking for the place to put the firm."

A sassy finger went up when she spoke of Terra Fredrick and that shit she pulled with Tobias. "Sister, I do not have time for people's bullshit, and that chick was full of it. But did you ever have the... questionable experience of meeting Black Jessica? The chick Terri kicked out of town?"

S
    Sasha

L’aire rolled her hand in the air slightly confused. “Oh, but I thought Cali had some sort of thing or whatever for that now?” The Winter was unsure of what the technical term was.

“Oh, you were? Really?” Then her eyes went way perplexed. “Uh, suit… or… did you …um… you know.” The Fairest didn’t want to make any assumptions that the Shadowsoul dressed in drag, even if it was for a friend.

“Yeah… Vegas.” The Dancer chuckled, it certainly did stay there. Not that she had any super bad experiences there, but she really detested the Winter Queen there.

“She certainly was…” The Fairest trailed off recalling how irritated she was with Terra. L’aire looked off to the side for a moment to the place where the window would normally be. Shaking her head. “Well, I remember the name and the announcement and a little of the crap she pulled. But no, I didn’t meet her just kinda saw the stuff at a distance. I’m guessing you did?” Which was logical considering Perry asked if the Winter met her. Which, if L'aire recalled right (although her memory wasn't the best) was right before the Fairest... Lawyer and herself became besties.

Perry diCarto

Perry made a little motion with his hand suggesting that what Cali had wasn't enough. "'Civil Unions'. It's bullshit, is what that is," he said with a quick frown. "Not to get all advocatey or anything, but civil unions are to actual marriage what diet Coke is to Coke. Similar flavor, but not at all the same. Tax issues. Power of attorney issues. Equality issues. The list goes on." A little shrug. "It's wrong, but these things take time. Not like I'm looking to get married anyway, mind you, but I just think people ought to be able to marry whoever they want, you know?"

Moving on, the Shadowsoul's mood improved and he snickered. "I wore a suit, thank you very much," he gave his friend a little wink. "I also organized a pretty good stagette. The Thunder from Down Under. Just sayin'." He grinned broadly. Perry plainly liked those Aussie boys.

Her reply with regard to Black Jessica made the Shadowsoul laugh. "Oh my, did I ever. She was stalking me the first minute she got into town, clinging on for some reason. I had to get all spooky on her ass just to get her to leave me alone. This was before all the shit with her refusing to swear the Oath and attacking Violet Leblanc. I tell you. It was insane."

S
    Sasha

The Dancer flipped a graceful hand into the air. “No no, you’re absolutely right. You know this country went through that once already, you’d think history would teach a lesson.” Shaking her head, the Fairest made a wiping motion in front of her as she added. “But… I’m not really politically savvy like you. Still, you know I’d support that.” Flashing a supportive smile to her best friend. Then her brows knitted to ponder out loud. “So if you got married, what would they call the people that uh, ya know… instead of maid of honor and groomsman, it’d be what? Sponsor? People who sign as witness to your license?” The Dancer really didn’t know half the terms of what she was talking about, but still, L’aire tried.

“Ah, Thunder from Down Under.” There was a gleam of a memory in her eyes. “I met them a few times in Vegas.” Quickly turning to Perry. “And before you get all naughty thoughts on me, it was at a dance club and we were just dancing.” Which was entirely honest, even though it was probably hot to those watching the club floor that night.

The Fairest’s eyes quirked and knitted her brows at the same time. “Stalking you? And you didn’t find out why?” L’aire’s hand flipped outward. “Well if she was being a creeper like Terra whatshertoes, I guess she deserved it.” Snapping her fingers. “Oh, yeah that’s right. I remember the Violet thing. That woman had just walked into the first ….shindig here in Sac.” Wow, the woman was more of a bitch than I previously thought. “Oh, wait, I remember that crazy pants throwing some fit when I was on an outing with Degnar once too. Wow, a few fries short of a happy meal.”

“Ya know I’ve never fully seen the Spooky side of you.” Chuckling slightly. “I’m just glad I’m on your good side.”

Perry diCarto

Perry gave an emphatic nod at the idea of history teaching lessons - which California hadn't bothered to learn - and he smiled at the promise of her support. Her question made him chuckle. "I haven't got the faintest idea. I'd probably just use the terms 'maid of honour' or 'best man' on both sides depending on the gender of the person selected for those roles. Or I'd just call you my 'L'aire of Awesome'. Seems good." He laughed. On the off chance Perry ever got married, that's how that'd go down.

"Uh huh..." he said naughty-like after the Thunder from Down Under. "Those boys weren't wearing any shirts while y'all were dancing, were they?" He snickered.

Perry was down for that.

"She was mad cray cray, yo. At least, that's what some of my clients would say... I gave her the old stare of doom when she was following me around and she never bothered me again. But that shit with Violet was pretty nuts," he agreed. "Poor Morgan got scared right off the stage by Katrin." That got a little laugh out of diCarto.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.