Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Preparing for Court (Attention: Aesop)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Before dressing for court, Circe sends out her owl and walks the Circle's grounds on her own, looking for Aesop.

I
    Innerlight

Aesop sits in a tree after observing a snake for a few hours. When he notices the bird overhead he transforms into a vulture and follows it. "Good to see you", he says in the birds native language once he flies close enough. He follows the owl wherever it leads him.

In short order, the owl leads Aesop to Circe.

"Please take human form so we can speak," she says.

I
    Innerlight

Aesop forms while landing and becomes the man. He is on one knee with his head down as a sign of respect, but he waits for her to tell him what the situation intels.

"This night, the Prince is holding Court," Circe explains. "All Kindred of the Domain are required to attend, and use of Disciplines - of the powers of the blood - is forbidden in all but the most extraordinary circumstances, such as if there was a need to protect the Prince. So, you will need to attend in human form, and maintain that form for the duration."

She frowns a bit. "One who was with us for a time, but who has vanished, did some things that angered the Prince, so it is important we present well. Try to be careful of your tendency to mimic others. It is not necessary for you to mingle and converse with others, if that will be difficult for you. Simply maintain your behavior in a manner like others there. I have confidence you can do this."

As if an afterthought, she adds "I picked up some clothing for you as well. I am not much a judge of clothing for men, but I believe it will suffice. Follow me and I will give you the garb."

I
    Innerlight

Aesop nodded in affirmative. He'd expected as much from a kindred gathering. The Gangrel was glad that he wouldn't have to dig up the only suit he had that he buried 15 years ago, because it was outdated then. He followed Circe to get the outfit attentive to anything see said.

She takes Aesop to her subterranean haven - an old bomb shelter, it appears. "Tell me, what opinion have you developed, from your clan meeting, of Lori and Sean," she says to Aesop on the way there.

I
    Innerlight

Aesop thinks for a moment, longer then he even does when he intends to speak with his own voice. This being an opinion he would have never spoken out loud if the heriophant herself didn't request it. "Lori... I made no words with Lori. She seemed...", he scratches for the words, "She seemed like she didn't like talking, but she didn't like Sean. I need to learn her more", he says as if he hasn't formed an opinion on her just yet. "Sean... funny, he moves around a lot sniffing powder. I do not understand him. Does he speak for earth, or does he play games, what is his purpose in the Crone?", asks Aesop as if he was confused by Sean as much as he was confused by him.

"You ask a wise question, Aesop. I don't believe Sean has discovered his purpose yet. I have been giving thought to a tribulation that might assist him in that process."

Circe hands Aesop a stack of clothing - jeans, a simple work shirt and sturdy work boots.

"On the way I will be dressed for passig among the kine, but I will reveal my ceremonial robes just before entering Elysium," she explains. "I know you do not normally carry a weapon, so this is probably not a necessary warning, but make certain to not bring one to this event."

With no modesty at all, she undresses and puts on a nice outfit of seasonal colors: dark green blouse, brown skirt. Over this, she puts her ceremonial robes, then focuses for a few moments, making the robe disappear from view to reveal what she wears beneath it.

"Let us collect Jayant and we will be ready. Unless you have questions."

I
    Innerlight

Aesop takes a look at the clothes, and takes them. Aesop gives a look of concern and says, "thought to a tribulation that might assist him in that process?" , he repeats in Circe's voice, "Maybe I help him?", he responds asking permission as much as presenting an option. People that he didn't understand he tended to want to know, it was a better way to assimilate this culture. He felt as if he wasn't that much that he didn't understand about this new world, but in 15 years much had changed.

When Circe disrobed he stared at her with no lust in his eyes, but with a look of someone appraising a piece of art. He looked as if he wanted to study every inch of her and commit it to memory. The intricate layers of garb sparked ancient memories that he could not recall. His eyes glazed over for a moment with nostalgia, though he was pulled back to reality when she asked, if he were ready to go.

Aesop shook his head at the mention or questions, and nodded at the mention of collecting Jayant.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread