Ended
Watch

Cahalith's Endim

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    R
    Ryan Deshane

Digger Deshane, Alpha of the Crusaders, makes his way out of his workshop area of the den and heads outside. He knew who he was looking for was there, he could hear the metal on metal clanging that came from the Smithy. "Yo! Skaald!" Digger yelled over the clanging. As Skaald looks up Digger sets his shotgun down on the Anvil. "You wanna do something stupidfun?" Digger asked as he lights up a smoke.

Skaald had seen that shotgun a bunch of times, it was Digger's favorite. His go to weapon, The Cahalith was rarely without it. He took a drag off his smoke while he waited for a response.

Skaald looks down at the gun on the anvil and then back up at Digger. He was a journeyman smith, and he knew he had a long way to go before he could call himself a master. True enough, he had his own smithy, but that was more due to a dirth of practice than a declaration of skill. He glances at the piece he's working on and determines that it's as good a stopping place as he's likely to get. He tosses the piece into one of the salvaged barrels -- the one filled with unsalted water, for a fast, hard quench. There is a sudden hiss of steam as the heat flash boils some of the water.

Skaald could do anything basic, make tools and even a blade or two, but he wasn't yet confident in his ability to make something delicate like a sword.....let alone a part for a gun. "I'm guessing it isn't a repair job," he says dryly, but with a smile on his face. If Digger said it was stupidfun it meant it would either be fun, or dangerous -- probably both. "What do you have in mind?"

R
    Ryan Deshane

"I want to make this into a fetish." Digger said as he picked up his weapon of choice. Giving it a little bounce in his hand. "What you think?" Digger asked.

Digger was gonna hunt for something monstrous and fire-spitting. Its gonna be sexy.

Skaald considers for half a moment making a joke about Digger and a Gun Fetish, but instead he just smiles with a short chuckle to himself. He nods to his alpha, "Sounds like a great idea!"

He takes a quick glance around and starts hanging up a few stray tools. Keeping the work area clean is the first and most important part of smithing. "What did you have in mind for the spirit?"

R
    Ryan Deshane

Digger paused for a second, "This is gonna sound stupid. A dragon of some kind. I want this bitch to reign hellfire when I pull the trigger. I want to announce our intentions through glorious fire." Digger said and laughed, "I can see it man, its gonna be amazing."

"And I got a great place we can go look."
    Digger takes a newspaper clipping out of his back pocket and hands it to Skaald "Becks Fire, burned about 300 acres worth of trees and brush and other stuff in January, just outside Kelseyville, about two hours away."

Skaald breaks into a grin and let's out a belly laugh. "That sounds a-fucking-mazing, man. And you know what they say, the only difference between stupid and awesome is whether or not you succeed."

He glances about the forge area. It's fairly clean already and only a few things are left to be done. "Give me about ten minutes and we can get started if you'd like.

"By the way, how do you want to get the spirit? You looking to find one with a penchant for burning shit and convincing it you'll give it more and better chances than it currently has? Or you want to find a bad news mofo and hope that binding it up both helps the balance and pisses it off enough that the fire burns that much brighter?"

R
    Ryan Deshane

"It fully depends on if the spirit. I would love to say it would be more epic then anything to take a spirit with a violent nature and bend it to my will. But at the same time, I don't want my gun turning on me in the middle of a shitstorm." Digger says, "So lets play it by ear on that. I am going to grab my rucksack and some supplies, and we can roll out." The Alpha nods and heads back inside heading toward his room to grab his gear.

"Makes sense to me," Skaald replies as Digger heads inside to grab his gear.

Ten minutes later the forge is in order and he's ready to head out. Skaald has his dedicated duffle bag with all his ritual gear inside along with his sword. While he doesn't think he'll need it, he grabs his shield as well. Then he thinks about that for a moment.

"We going in the truck?" If so he can easily throw the shield in the back, otherwise he'll have to leave it here. As cool as the mental image of flying down the road on his bike with a Norse round shield strapped to his back is, it would be impractical. The thing would be a massive sail and cause all sorts of drag, not to mention catching the attention of every cop between here and Oslo.

Once that's decided Skaald is ready to head out.

R
    Ryan Deshane

"Yeah, I don't know how the territory will be once we get to the fire area, we may have to do some off roading to get there, and the bikes don't do so hot off road." Digger said as he comes down and heads toward the truck. His shotgun tube, and a duffel on his back. In his left hand he has a cooler. "You got your stuff ready?" Digger asked as he spun the keys around on his finger.

Skaald grins when he sees the cooler and nods. "Ready." He settles his shield into the bed of the truck and drops the duffle on top of it. Then he heads to the passenger's side and jumps inside the truck. He buckles the belt out of reflex, and practicality. After all, just because you can survive nearly any wreck doesn't mean it's pleasant to do so.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.