Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
741 - 750
DISPLAYED
(0909) Court

Page 75 of 79 First ... 25 65 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 Last

Mariel replied to Mother Superior, I mostly said that just to yank her chain.

But Prince Clarke did say that the Nosferatu Priscus was missing. And I myself haven't seen Black since the Mass service he conducted. Then when you said he'd missed two important gatherings, I wondered if he had left town, was missing, or had met final death. Why else would a person be so derelict in his duties? I can't think he would have left town without telling anyone.

I was actually wondering if Roxie killed him, hid the body, and made the whole story up to try to scam the Lancea out of whatever she could get.

Mariel lowers her voice and turns so that she is facing no one else who might be able to read lips. She whispered, And, I'm sorry to say that it did cross my mind that one of our Inquisitors might have gotten a little enthusastic in questioning Father Black.

She stepped back, hopefully out of the ancient nun's reach.

The Mother Superior does not reply for a few moments. "I spoke with Father Black after that Mass... on the night he failed to attend the meeting of the covenant leaders, in fact. I've not seen him since then. I believe the Inquisitors would have informed me had they gotten so overzealous as you suggest, and I've not been so informed, but beyond that, I do not know his current status."

Michael excused himself. He hadn't learned the man's name, but he knew he stuck close to Circe and that she would know how to contact him when the time came to buy clothes.
    He had noticed Mariel dancing with Mask Man for a very short time. So rather than interrupt Roxie he went in search of the Lancea church girl. She was easy to spot. Blood red hair right next to the nun of winter. Even from the distance he was a chill ran down his spine.
    He should have gotten Richard to do this. He approached.
    "Mariel," he said by way of greeting.

Hello, Michael! smiled Mariel. Michael, allow me to present Mother Superior Donna Maria. Mother, this is my good friend Michael.

Do I know his last name? Hmmm, note to self: should probably know the full name of "Very Good Friends".

Michael smiled pleasantly and bowed.
    RUN AWAY, RUN AWAY, FLEE, VAMOOSE, GET OUT OF HERE, SHE IS GOING TO KILL YOU, ESCAPE, RUN!
    "It's nice to meet you."

"Likewise, Michael," the Mother Superior replies. Her tone is neither pleased nor displeased, but that doesn't prevent Michael from feeling a chill as she looks at him.

She then turns to Mariel. "I believe I will be going now, child, as I have urgent matters to attend to, and calls to make." Looking back at Michael, she nods just the slightest bit, then turns to leave.

If he had still needed to he would have had to breath out from holding his breath. Even not needing to he did anyways trying to calm his Beast a little. After she had gone, he smiled at Mariel. "Care for another dance? Things are winding down a little, I might not get another chance before your swept away by another masked man."

Well, sure, said Mariel, smiling with delight. But I need to talk with the Harpy if she's free.

"I'm just your cab across the dance floor aren't I?" he asked very seriously before breaking smile.
    He took her hand and led her into the music.
    "So who was that masked man you were with before?" he asked casually.

That had to be Argent, said Mariel, rolling her eyes. He's family.

She smiled up at Michael. God Damn, he is cute!

How are you doing? I've been watching you scurry around like an ant. Is everyone making horrible demands?

Page 75 of 79 First ... 25 65 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 Last
Closed Thread