Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Werewolf: The Forsaken on the Wiki
Ended
Watch

Pyramid building

THREADID

Jeremiah Daniels
    Jeremiah Daniels

PRE

Has to be done, needs to be done. Stop being such a child. Jeremiah paces in his room slowly. A backpack stuffed with technology and small personal effects sits on his bed. Stopping he stares balefully at the bag, a culmination of his fears and planning. Grabbing it he leaves his room and walks past Kevin's now deserted room on his way to the locus. If only...

Stopping in the kitchen he sends a quick text to Marcus asking the Elodoth if he can come by the locus as soon as possible. Putting his phone back in his pocket Jeremiah heads down to the locus. Once in the basement he puts the backpack under the stairs. Out of sight for the moment and hopefully once Marcus arrives.

Taking a seat near the locus and its' mirror Jeremiah closes his eyes and lets his mind wander to what had happened. More recently and in the time since Gwen and Vinny left town.

I
    Irina

Marcus receieved the text message while fishing, and at a fortunate time at that. He had been casting a line for the last couple of hours and had already caught enough fish to keep him happy for a few more days. He put away his stuff and headed to the Locus within ten minutes, making it to the designated meeting place about twenty minutes after that.

He didn't have an idea as to what Jeremiah wanted to speak with him about, but he assumed the rest of the pack would be present. It was with a small amount of surprise that he noted only the two of them.

<<Is something wrong, Jeremiah?>> he queried as he stepped next to the other man.

Jeremiah Daniels
    Jeremiah Daniels

PRE

Jeremiah looks up at Riverwalker. Yes? No? Not soon? The Crescent shakes his head and gets to his feet.

<<No>> Jeremiah replies after a moment's worth of further thinking. <<Being blunt. I think that you should lead the pack.>> He holds up a hand to hold Marcus's reply momentarily.

<<Kevin, he was the last straw. I've never been good with people. The reasons are old and its just who I am at this point. I thought I could make it work but it's not. It was me and Kevin at one point, I had been here longer so I took the top.>> Jeremiah shrugs, it was never a logical decision just one made in grief.

<<The pack needs someone who knows how this life works. Me? I Changed here, in town. This is my first pack. The old Alpha left and then the Beta a few months after. I've figured things out but.>> He shakes his head. <<It's never clicked, never felt natural. I always feel like I am making the motions.>>

<<No offense to your brother, you just seem more diplomatic? Hell I might not even know what being an Alpha needs.>> Going quiet Jeremiah holds back worry...barely.

I
    Irina

Marcus took a seat as he listened intently to Jeremiah. He wasn't an idiotic man, and guessed at some seriousness to his being called alone to a meeting with the Alpha. It wasn't a stretch to assume it had something to do with the events at the Tur and Kevin, and the tumultuous situation of the pack. It was a tentative situation and, naturally, Marcus was concerned the Sworn and wanted what was best for them.

But Jeremiah's admittance still surprised him, and it might have been reflected briefly in his clear blue eyes. It must have taken a lot to come to a decision such as this; particularly in this scenario, to pass the leadership role to one of the newest members of the pack. And it was a large amount of responsibility for him to shoulder as well.

"It sounds as if you've thought about this carefully," Marcus replied calmly. "Although, you are right in that Victor isn't the diplomatic one." Even so, a fond smile passed across his face. No, the younger Baines' skills were in other areas. "And I want what is best for this pack."

Jeremiah Daniels
    Jeremiah Daniels

PRE

"I do as well." Jeremiah's head tilts for a moment as he works over the words. "It's been on my mind constantly."

"I know this is abrupt and sudden and probably odd. You just feel like the best fit in the pack and I would rather have one of us lead than others deciding who." He almost growls the name Crusaders but stops himself.

I
    Irina

"I would rather such a decision came from careful deliberation, than a snap judgement that you regret later," Marcus counselled gently. To be truthful to himself, the Elodoth had not expected the weight of the packs future to fall on his shoulders. And yet he knew that he could shoulder the responsibility. He had wisdom, and the experience bourne of age.

He would see The Sworn rise in Sacramento, if it was the last thing he was capable of doing.

Jeremiah Daniels
    Jeremiah Daniels

PRE

"O uh. No. Abrupt as in I just surprised you with it. I've thought this over. At the very least I should not and do not deserve to be the Alpha of this pack." Jeremiah looks thoughtfully at Marcus for a moment. "At least that is how I see it."

"If I do regret it someday. I doubt it would be for the right reasons. The pack is what is important right now."

I
    Irina

"The pack is always what's important," Marcus replied in a calm tone of voice. If anyone thought otherwise at some point in the future then... then they would have him to answer to. It was an odd thought. He was used to setting boundaries and being watchful over charges. But to be a leader of a pack was a different kettle of fish.

"The rest of the pack will need to be informed. I will contact them," the Elodoth announced. If he was to be Alpha, then it was time to start acting like it.

Jeremiah Daniels
    Jeremiah Daniels

PRE

Jeremiah nods at Marcus's subtle rebuke. Pack was something Jeremiah wanted and hasn't been sure he knows what it is. Hopefully a real family, not like his blood.

"Ok." Walking to and picking up the backpack Jeremiah looks to Marcus. "It ok if I head back up stairs?"

I
    Irina

"Of course it is," Marcus nodded, and fell silent as he gave Jeremiah a small nod.

That was it, then. He was Alpha. At least in title. He still needed to earn it, to prove to himself that he was worthy. But Marcus would do it; he had weathered many changes in his life, and this was just another one.