Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Dinner with the Hierarch

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Inwardly, Orpheus was sighing in relief. After thinking a while, he says. "Heralds... Well, yeah, Gallows pops into my mind as well. He was definitely a personable sort last I spoke to him, real friendly. Other than that, I honestly don't know, The others I've spoken with don't really scream 'Herald' to me." Then again, he didn't necessarily screamed herald either, at least he didn't think so.

"Sentinels though, I know Leo's a really experienced fighter from first hand experience, as is Vaeltia. Unfortunately I can't think of any others though that I know can do the job."

k
    kimura

"I only honestly know very few among us in the ways Toren and Orpheus seem to so sadly I'm of little help in this matter. Though I like Vaeltia and I would say Animus but.. I do not think it would be wise of me to encourage anything just yet. I think whatever his reasons for stepping down as Hierarch need to be resolved but I guess that's why I'm gonna help him.. guess I get to be a student and a teacher as well.. wow this is gonna be interesting I think.."

I am so gonna have to get out more.. not that I don't but.. yeah..

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

"Well, it's not as important that we like them so much that they are capable. Even so, Animus does sound like quite an experienced and capable man. He may be suited for either position. I've also met Leo before, if you mean Leo Lockheart. Unfortunately it wasn't much more than a brief conversation, so I cannot say I've gauged his strengths. But if you think so I'm deigned to believe you."

Toren grows silent, thinking after having added to the conversation. Finally he turns to Avalon. "So I think we can safely say a nomination for Gallows as Herald in addition to Orpheus here. For Sentinels, Vaeltia, Leo, and Animus." He looks back to the Keepers. "Is that right? Are we agreed?" he asks hesitantly, wondering if they needed more time to discuss the matter. It was a big decision after all.
    Oblations: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    [Moros Meeting] Active Spells: Ward, Speak With The Dead, Grim Sight | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 9/9 | Def: 2
    [Library Galleria] Active Spells: Supernal Vision, Unseen Aegis | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 7/7 | Def: 2

Presence ●●●● (Fiery)
    Striking Looks ●● (Fierce)
    Status
    Arrow ●●
    Consillium ●●
    Culture ●
    Police ●
    Mana: Full
    WP: -2
    Vae
    Adamantine Arrow, ObrimosSentinel

Status (Culture) •
    Status (Emergency Services) • [Officer Gideon]
    ST INFO

PRE

Avalon smiled, "So those then, Orpheus and Gallows for herald, and Vaeltia, Leo and Animus for sentinels."

There was a look about her as if she was mentally recording the whole thing for later use.

"[color=teal]Now that business is done, do tell me what the three of you are intending to do as a cabal, will you be looking for any new members or just intending to wait to see how the world changes?

As Jag will not be returning I figure this would be a good place to continue on, I'd like to have this thread closed by the 15th if possible
    Speaking {0FAF0B} || Thinking {8340A8}

nimbus

k
    kimura

Kiko simply nodded her head "I agree to these choices and I have had dealings with all save Leo but that aside, I think it will work out for the best. I have faith it will"

She would look at Avalon a moment as if she wanted to say something, to get something off her chest but something told her it wasn't the time and she might.. bring shame to her brothers with an emotional outburst so for the moment she simply went quit and caressed the pendent around her neck seemingly staring off into space

Orpheus nods his assent "I've got no disagreements." He says simply.

As to what the cabal as a group would try to achieve, He knew their goal was to gather and safeguard knowledge, simple enough. Although... "I don't know about any new members really, but, uh, I've got a feeling that we definitely want to see how things change."

In reality though? What were they going to do? Wanting to attain knowledge is fine and well, but how were they going to go about it?

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

"Excellent, well that was an easy decision. You can see, Madam Hierarch, that the Keepers of Mimir's Well are of like mindedness. I suppose that's not unusual, considering we're of the same Order. If we do expand our Cabal then I suppose we'll keep to members of the Mysterium, unless we encounter someone whose ideals run parallel with our own," explains Toren before taking another sip of wine.

"Essentially we believe in following the precepts of the Mysterium, to preserve knowledge as well as add to it. I myself intend to expand our library and Sanctum as well as encourage cooperation among other Cabals. Though I suppose that having a mediator such as a Herald would make that easier. But I must clarify that by no means will we remain inactive or purely passive. As the world changes, so grows the risk of knowledge becoming lost to us. For us to change it for the better we must cling to the lore and weather the affects of the Abyss." The statement was as much as a reminder to all of them of the danger they faced as the goal of highest priority. Though Time was a tool for some of them, it was not always on their side. Knowledge was the key, the blueprint of the future's design.
    [Moros Meeting] Active Spells: Ward, Speak With The Dead, Grim Sight | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 9/9 | Def: 2
    [Library Galleria] Active Spells: Supernal Vision, Unseen Aegis | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 7/7 | Def: 2

Avalon nodded. “Of course, though I would suggest from a purely Hierarch stand point to look into those of our population that do not have cabals yet, and see if you can give them a little...guidance.

Okay feeling this is getting to the end, wrap up?
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

Agreed

"Certainly. I think at the very least we can get to know the newcomers and those in need of guidance," says Toren, assuming that most without Cabals were such because of their recent arrival into the city. It served not only to help others but also to keep an eye on them. Still, the Keepers would not allow just anyone into their Cabal simply because they had none of their own. But that hardly needed saying.

"Anyone care for dessert?" he asks with a grin.

k
    kimura

Kiko agrees to desert having, for the moment, shoved the weird feeling aside simply enjoying the rest of the evening with her Brother's and Hierarch Avalon.

Days like this were rare so she was told..

Sounds good to me! Enjoyed it!

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread