Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Dinner with the Hierarch

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

"Indeed." Orpheus nods, echoing Kiko's enthusiasm. "Wonderful work, you should have your own cooking show Toren." After a brief silence the Obrimos also finds a seat.

"Itada-what?" He hardly caught the individual syllables of the word, Japanese is just too goddamn quick...

Taking his first few bites Orpheus remains mostly silent, nodding at appropriate times. It was one way others could tell he was enjoying his food, that or the surprisingly quick absence of food on his plate.

k
    kimura

"Itadakimasu, basically means let's eat.. in a nut shell." she grinned and bounced her foot in time to the usual unheard music inside that crevice most called a skull of her's.

"So what sorta things have been in the works as of late with everyone? Pasta monsters that mistake people for meatballs?"

Avalon looked over the food, almost judging it, but doing so with a smile. “Spot on presentation.” She waited for the others to start in before she began.

Meraviglioso.” She said with a grin on her face.

As Kiko began to speak, she listened. “So Kiko does that mean that Animus will be taking you as a Student or as an Apprentice? Congratulations either way.” she said with a mock toast with the paired wine.
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

"Thank you, thank you," answers Toren quickly to the praise. He knows he's not that great that his talent would merit a cooking show. He was simply a craftsman at heart, building the meals like mortar and clay from blueprint recipes, and designing them with appealing facades. But the flavor would likely remain at par with his passion for it.

To answer Kiko's question on recent affairs, Toren spoke up on his own ordeals, "Well, I had the pleasure of meeting with the Apostate Intercessor recently. They're an interesting pair, Jammer and Bell. A few new faces around town as well. A Mr. Hachiman and some others I haven't gotten the names of yet. I wonder if the new, err, established Consilium practices are attracting them to the city."

When Avalon brings up the topic of Kiko's tutelage, Toren says, "Oh, Kiko? An apprenticeship? That's wonderful! I congratulate you as well. Even though he doesn't bare the title of Hierarch any longer, his experiences should be a superb source to draw on." A nice catch, as it were.
    Oblations: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    [Moros Meeting] Active Spells: Ward, Speak With The Dead, Grim Sight | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 9/9 | Def: 2
    [Library Galleria] Active Spells: Supernal Vision, Unseen Aegis | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 7/7 | Def: 2

Aenigma finishes eating quickly with the sound of a chime from his pocket. “Sorry everyone, work calls.” He looks over at Nantale for a moment then she too stands up and they leave together.

A mumbled word of apology comes from the woman’s lips.

Aenigma and Nantale leave the Scene

k
    kimura

Looking up at Aenigma and Nantale as they sadly had the leave she gave them a smile and wave "Be careful"

As she ate she mulled over the answer to the presented questions before sitting her fork down to look at everyone with a bashful smile "I don't think it's an Apprenticeship exactly as he is an Arrow and I wish to be able to protect those I love from harm. This was, to me, a wise choice and it will further my views of knowledge as well. He's my Sensei and someone my soul "knows" but it's still.. kind scarey to me because I don't understand it."

At the name of Hachiman she perked up a moment and nodded her head "Ah he was the God of Archery and Warfare in Japanese Mythos.. I hope he is found worthy enough. Though as you have spoken to him Toren-nii he's bound to be a nifty person indeed." she paused a moment tapping her forehead a second before grinning "Well not only Archery and Warfare.. fishing to among other endeavors"

Setting down his cutlery and cleaning his mouth with a napkin, Orpheus smiles at Kiko's news "Apprenticeship or no, I'm sure it's a very good idea." His own studies into the arcana have been steady, at best.

I’ve known apprenticeships to cross Order-drawn lines. It’s not entirely uncommon, it will give you the chance to see how those beyond your order think of things and understand the fallen world.

The hierarch said with a smile. “However since it seems like a Soul-match perhaps you will be experiencing things from the more animalistic side of the tracks, and I wish you luck.

k
    kimura

She simply smiled and bowed her head at the remarks "As I have said many times before I wish to help people and if this helps me do it and perhaps ease my own fears then I would be foolish not to at least make an honest attempt."

Sometimes she wondered why she never followed in her Father's footsteps but those few nights prior memories still edged her on "My Father was an Arrow as was his Grandfather. My family has held the blessing of the Supernal for countless ages it seems, though to be honest I know very little about my own history. Perhaps one day I will be counted worthy enough to learn that knowledge as well. I guess only time will tell."

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

Toren nods his understanding as the two are called away from the dinner. He hoped they had at least sampled enough of it since he had worked so hard to make it. But more so he hoped Avalon wasn't offended by their absence.

To Kiko, the Moros says, "Oh, is that so? I didn't realize his name had such history. Well, I can't say I know him very well, only having met him briefly. But I hope things go well for him too."

Toren spoons the food onto his own plate and begins to eat as the conversation unfolds around him. Kiko's statement about her father and grandfather confused Toren somewhat. Does she mean her literal father or is she still associating Cabalmates to family members? "Do you mean to say you had a blood relative who was also Awakened, Kiko?"
    Oblations: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    [Moros Meeting] Active Spells: Ward, Speak With The Dead, Grim Sight | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 9/9 | Def: 2
    [Library Galleria] Active Spells: Supernal Vision, Unseen Aegis | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 7/7 | Def: 2

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread