Watch

Dinner with the Hierarch

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

After having arranged things with the Hierarch, Aenigma had gone back to his Cabal to inform them that she would be coming over for dinner one of those evenings. He figured that they would feel more at ease in an environment they were familiar with, and that overall, the meeting with Avalon would be a slightly more casual endeavor if it was had in the comfort of their own home; while enjoying a nice meal. Thus, the young Warlock had made sure to pick up a case of wine for the occasion, having a little variety as usual. Upon returning to the house, he headed back towards the kitchen where he expected to find Toren working his magic; well not the Awakened sort, but more of the kind that Gordon Ramsay employed on his daily activities...minus the attitude problem of course.

"Hey," said the Sphinx with a smile to his Cabal mate. "How are things coming along?"

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

Toren seems in a rush, moving about the kitchen to check on all the dishes that boiled, sizzled, or baked in pan, pot, or tray. "Salmon's almost done...asparagus is still crisp...rice probably needs to soften up a little more. Oh dear oh dear," says the bald Moros, his anxiety heightened. "The Hierarch coming to our Sanctum. What an honor, what a privilege," he says with worried tones. "What a disaster. This is not nearly fit enough for a member of the Golden Consilium! Is there some Rote for conjuring a perfect meal? Oh, by the Supernal please teach it to me," muttered the Mage.

"I still need to get the biscuits in. I knew I should have installed a second oven..."
    Oblations: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    [Moros Meeting] Active Spells: Ward, Speak With The Dead, Grim Sight | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 9/9 | Def: 2
    [Library Galleria] Active Spells: Supernal Vision, Unseen Aegis | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 7/7 | Def: 2

k
    kimura

Having showered and dressed in a nice loose black skirt and white blouse Kiko's bare feet made little to no sound as she peeked her head into the Kitchen, Toren's Domain, as she shook her head with a small grin "Will you please calm down Toren-nii? At the rate your going to blow a gasket or heaven forbid burn water"

Yes the Hierarch was coming but it wasn't formal formal was it? Though if it was she felt formal tonight she felt Happy for once and Toren's banter made the young woman giddier and giddier as she leaned against the door frame "you do know if you need help I can cook to.. I am after all a. a girl and b. taught to cook most awesomely by my mother and grandmother so fear not of Toren of the Food Courts! Help has arrived!"

She seemed just... honestly happy for once and she refused to feel bad tonight if it killed her..

Orpheus' head pops up from the stairwell leading down, where he'd been working earlier. Looking around the Mighty takes an audible sniff and asks "That smoke?". He was only joking of course, in the Moros' defense the Mighty hadn't yet had a bad meal by him.

He wore a navy blue tee under a black and black and white flannel shirt, as well as his normal jeans, his normally messy hair was this time nicely combed. There was no reason to get real formal wear on, if they were going to be eating he might as well wear something he can wash in the machine and not have to iron out later.

"Anybody seen Nantale?" He asks, unsure of where the acanthus was.

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

Toren sighs deeply and then turns to Kimura with a gentle smile. "Ah, you're right. Right as rain. A cool head in a hot kitchen would be best. So, you fancy yourself a cook then? Well you know I'm only the Hearthmaster, not a Chef de cuisine. And as such it is my duty to keep things cooperative around here. So I accept your proposal. You are now my Sous-chef! Chop chop, to work!" Toren claps his hands authoritatively. "Take that salmon out of the oven, please and get those biscuits on a pan. Turn the oven to four-hundred twenty-five degrees and set the timer for eight minutes." The shift from anxious to jovial seems seamless in Toren as he now enjoys himself as a temporary boss in the kitchen, patting Kimura daintily on the head endearingly.

When Orpheus joins them, Toren puts his hands on his hips. "Har har," he says, though betraying a hint of mirth as his lips curl at the sides. "And, umm, no, I don't believe I've seen her. Been too busy burning your dinner."
    Oblations: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    [Moros Meeting] Active Spells: Ward, Speak With The Dead, Grim Sight | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 9/9 | Def: 2
    [Library Galleria] Active Spells: Supernal Vision, Unseen Aegis | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 7/7 | Def: 2

Avalon knocked on the door to the sanctum. Aenigma had given her the address, and she honestly didn’t feel like just popping in unannounced.

Today her make up was simple primarily across her nose and accenting her eyes. She was dressed in what could be considered a smash between Lara Croft and a druid. And of course her staff was right at her hand.
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma let out a soft chuckle at the whole situation, glad that his Cabal mates were enjoying themselves. "I'm sure everything will turn out just fine," he said to Toren with a smile before turning to the others. "I'm sure Nantale will be here soon. She probably got stuck in bad traffic or something." Just as he said those words, the young Warlock heard the knocking on the door. "Oh, maybe that's her. Unfortunately I can't tell for sure, since she is the Acanthus of the group," he said, letting out a laugh as he turned to answer the door.

The Sphinx walked up to the front door and opened it, expecting to see his Cabal mate. However, it wasn't Nantale who stood in front of him, but a different Acanthus...who also happened to be the Hierarch. "Greetings," he said as he bowed his head slightly as a respectful gesture to Avalon. "Welcome to our humble abode." With that, Aenigma gestured for the Hierarch to come inside, closing the door behind her once she had accepted his invitation. "Kiko is helping Toren with the finishing touches of this evening's meal, Orpheus is with them as well," he said to Avalon as he led her to the foyer. "Nantale seems to be running a little late, but I'm sure she will be here in no time. Can I offer you something to drink in the meantime?"

C
    C_Lloyd

This was perhaps the first time Nantale had ever been late since awakening. And as her Cabal-mate guessed, traffic had a large part to play in that. She scowled as she saw that she was running behind, and pulled out her phone to call... but had forgotten to charge it. With a sigh, she drove on towards the Sanctum.

After arriving, she stood at the door for a moment to compose herself, from annoyed at horrible-traffic-mode to bright and cheery-glad-to-see friends mode. "Hi everyone, Hierarch Avalon. It's glad to have you. Sorry I'm late. Traffic. It doesn't happen often."

She dressed-semi-casually; a bright yellow sweater, khaki pants... not at all formal, but undoubtedly pleasing to look at for most. She made her way towards Toren, gave him a slight wink and took a seat at the table. "What's for dinner?"

k
    kimura

Kiko grinned at Toren as he instructed her in what needed to be done as she half danced half bounced about pulling trays and helping getting food ready.

She donned a apron and after putting her hair up in it's signature ponytail and washing her hands she went about continuing to help the Toren "One of these days I'll have to show you the awesomeness that is chicken rice casserole"

"Huh, odd, our Acanthus must be having a stroke of bad luck or something." Orpheus shrugs, things happen.

Watching Kiko and Toren continue cooking, the Obrimos felt a little awkward with having nothing to do himself. "Ah, now I've little to do." Hearing the door open and seeing the Hierarch, and later Nantale, come in he suddenly comes up with something to do. "You know what? Maybe now would be an appropriate time to set the table." He says, It was as good an excuse as any to not immediately greet the head of the local Consilium. After a moment he grabs the plates while trying his best not to get in the way. Now let's not drop anything shall we? He thinks to himself as he moves to the table.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread