Ended
Watch

Steak N' Beer at Big Lou's

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    G
    Greebs

Some time later, perhaps drawn from the bathroom by the smell of meat, Mal emerged. Looking flushed and raw from scrubbing, the scratches and scrapes of an afternoon wandering the hedge had been joined by some fresher companions, but the furry growth had been hacked back to the odd patch of stubble in harder-to-reach places. Her thick black hair was damp and untidy, and her clothes still had the odd wet patch where the worst of the dirt had been sponged away. She was wrapped up tight in her pale grey hooded jacket, her shirt having been sacrificed on the altar of not-leaving-Lou's-shower-coated-in-fur-shavings and stuffed into her bag.

She almost smiled, her mouth watering as she sniffed the air. As a rule, she preferred her meat on the bloody side of undercooked (some habits just died hard) but bacon was one exception. When it got really burnt and crispy, it was like Meat Candy.

Standing just inside the doorway, she quietly leaned against the frame. She had no desire to butt into their conversation. It was enough for her to just lurk in the background, listening to her friends talking.

A
    Ambrose

At Morgan's suggestion of using a library to be 'less stupid', Llewelyn gave a big grin. "Heh, I wouln' call ya stupid, Morgy, you jus' still a bit wil' an' instinctful an' sometimes that takes ova'. I'm sure any o' you beasties all suffer a bit that way. Hell, I be even Miss. Terri herself has some bad fur days." He said, poking his tongue out at her playfully while flipping all of the steaks, causing them to hiss and sizzle again. "Still, a library could be useful... Did you find the books helped you?" He asked her, taking another gulp of his beer, before crushing the empty can and throwin it into the bin. He nodded at Morgan's mention of finding her old friends. Friends were always important, especially to the Lost as most of them couldn't return to the family they had. At her questioning, Llewelyn gave a shrug. "When I escaped my, uh.. master's farm, I wen' back to what I knew - Ol' Orleans. It was nice ta' be home, but I foun' that the courts down there were, uh... Less than benevolant." He replied, shuddering slightly at the memories of his summer leaders down in New Orleans. He could practically feel Cole's black, unblinking eyes burning straight through him just thinking about it. Checking that the steaks were seared on the outside, Llewelyn quickly pulled them off the pan and loaded them into a tray, which he put foil over and placed in the oven, cutting off the mouth-watering smells of spice and meat that was filling the room, allowing the delicious bacon smells to dominate the room. However, sniffing the room gave 'Big' Lou a big, awkward, reminder. Morgan - Racoon. What if she doesn't like meat? He knew many lost had turned vegetarian after spending a large chunk of their durance as prey, to force her to be a predator and eat another animal seemed almost cruel. "Uh Morgan.." He began. "I jus' realized I forgot to ask... Are you cool with eatin' meat? I figures Mal would be but, uh, yeah... If you aren't, I have some pumpkin I coul' fry up fo' ya, serve it wit' some rocket an' yo' coul' have two salads." He offered, blushing slightly at his own absentmindedness. How rude of me to forget to check.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan found the explanation of being too instinctful to be a accurate way to put it. She smiled weakly at that thought. It was certainly a much nicer way to say it then most people did. But the books had worked to make her less foolish. Claiming that she had been thinking wrong sounded better then stupid. She was a little amused about his views on Terri, but she wouldn't tell Terri that.

She smiled and nodded at the question about the books, "W-well I think I'm doing better when, er, thinking. I haven't been as stup--um, instinctive as before. Heh, they have a big self-improd-introd, um, self-help section. Heh-heh, m-may I need to work on talking help next." She chuckled as she finished.

She nodded solemnly as Big Lou spoke of his past. She could relate, "Sacramento is a nice town. The Freehold back in Chicago was...less so. Less kind or charitable. Heh, they were really into their, uh, b-business in that town." She couldn't relate to the first part. She was a little unsure of where home had been. She hadn't even put much thought into it actually. She probably should have, but her memories didn't give her any real connections. Now that she did think on it, she guessed it might mean that she hadn't had anything worth holding onto. She wasn't sure if that was good or bad.

The Beast was momentarily distracted by the smell of the meat. Well, meats, but either way it caused a hungry look to pass over her face. The steak smelled good but when it was cut off she got the mouth watering scent of the crispy bacon. She usually thought of bacon as a breakfast thing, but she wasn't going to complain, nor was her stomach. It smelled good, but then Llewlyn asked her if she liked meat. The hungry look was instantly replaced with confusion. She tilted her head to the side why wouldn't I like meat? Okay, I didn't like it when I was the meat on the menu, but when it is not me as meat it is fine. Well, also when it is not other people as the meat. Just, whenever the meat was never soemething that could talk it is good. Did I say anything about meat at all? She could not fathom the reason for the question. Maybe Big Lou was just courteous?

Her response was slow and she was obvioulsy confused, "Um, n-no. That is meat is cool-well not literally, but yes it fine. That is, y-you don't have to make other stuff just for me. I have n-no problems with me eating meat. Uh, heh-heh" She finished with a forced smile, trying to put on a friendly face to cover up her confusion.

A
    Ambrose

"P'raps if you look into talking with could practice our skills on eachother." He offered with a smile. "I can' say I ever visited Chicago, but hearing that don' suprise me. Big cities seem ta bring out tha worst in people." New York, New Orleans, Miami... All of those cities had freeholds that were rotten to the core. The only adequate explanation for Llewelyn was that the size of the city got to people. After all, noone could just be plain evil, right?

At her remark Llewelyn gave a nod. "Alright, cool cool. I jus' wasn't sure wit' the meat. Some of us get a bit sensitive to the idea of eating another living thing for dinner." He explained to her, noting her confused look. Especially those of us who have almost been dinner themselves.

After taking another sip from his beer, Llewelyn noted that the shower was no longer running. Looking over in the direction of the bathroom he spotted Mal, ever the lone wolf, leaning against the doorway."Come on over, Mal. He called, gesturing with his hand for her to come over. "Wan' a beer? I's bin a long day, but it paid off, have a drink to celebrate." He offered to her, loudly as always. "Alsa, I can lend you a shirt if yo wan'. It'l prolly be a bit big, but yo' can wear it like a dress I guess." He turned back to Morgan. "You wan' a shower next?"

G
    Greebs

Mal blinked in surprise as Lou called out to her. Her golden eyes almost glowing in the dim light. She lowered her head, unable to look him in the eye.

"...I'm sorry for... being difficult." she murmured after a long while. It wasn't particularly relevant to the topic of conversation, but it was still, perhaps the right time to say it. "Perry told me I should apologise when I could. It's hard. I do not think I can apologise to the others." Given how many people she had managed to anger or offend in the last year, she could have meant almost anyone in the Freehold. Almost everyone... "But I'm sorry. And... thank you."

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan took a sip of her beer. She couldn't say about cities, she hadn't been to many. But practice talking? Morgan tilted her head in thought on that. Well it works for muscles, so why not for words too? "Not sure about cities. Heh, this is the second one I've been to. B-but maybe you're right. About the talking-practice-thingie. Talking more could help, um, with talking, heh-heh. " And if she failed horribly...well she was sure someone else would probably find it funny.

As for the matter of meat, Morgan's confusion disappeared and her eyebrows shot up as she understood why Llewelyn had been concerned. She had really not like being hunted. Didn't turn her off meat though, but maybe for some it would. She waved a hand to dismiss the issue, "O-oh, I get it. About the meat-problem worry you had. Its fine. No worries for me on that."

Morgan blinked and started in surprise when Llewelyn spoke to Malory. She turned around to spot the wolf, never having noticed her arrival. She put on a friendly smile which grew confused when Malory apologized. Morgan couldn't think of what her fellow Beast could have to apologize for. Was she talking to Big Lou instead? "Um, its okay. For me, I not-heh-heh, I do not think of anything you need to be sorry for. Erm, heh if you meant me."

Morgan hadn't expected to be offered the chance to use the bath. She was stinky and dirty, but the Beast didn't think it was that bad. Though, it usually was that bad if someone else pointed it out to her. She was also a little unsure if she should accept right now. Mal seemed upset by something and the food seemed almost ready. "Um, th-thank you. I'm not sure--uh, isn't the food nearly ready? I, heh, wouldn't want you folks to wait on me."

A
    Ambrose

At Morgan's replys Llewelyn simply nodded, after all, she seemed to have answered his questions and concerns, saying anything more about the points would probably have just been pedantic.
    At Mal's odd apology, Llewelyn gave a confused look. Sure, she was a lone wolf... But to be fair, she hadn't really done anything to actually harm anyone, and Llewelyn felt the land of the free should be able to stand a few caustic comments. "Uh, Mal, i's cool. You ain' all that bad. I'm sure one day yo' cautions with stop me fro' tryin' ta' be mates wit' the wrong person. Like good cop, bad cop or somethin', right?" He said with a poke of his tongue. "...I'm sure you've got a better analogy for that, so feel free to correct me." He added, after a short pause.

G
    Greebs

Shit, shit, shit! Completely forgot I was up!

Mal sighed, her shoulders slumping. Either Lou had a shorter memory than everyone else, or he was just infinitely more understanding and forgiving than those in higher office within the Freehold. Had he not been at the Autumn Coronation...? It had been only this morning she had Lost Her Shit at a certain someone and their lack of social graces.

Of course, there was also the possibility she had just Spaghettied her apology.

She really didn't deserve them.

"Forget it." she said, without much conviction. "Forget I said anything..."

A
    Ambrose

"Aight Mal, whatever works fo' you." He replied with a shrug. He was impressed she'd managed to get this close to an apology with anyone, so to hear her retract her statement in embarressment wasnt much a suprise to Lou. However, he wasn't going to push the subject any further. "Care fo' a beer?" He asked her, before turning to Morgan. "I'd say dinner should be ready. You can have a shower after dinner if yo' want." He offered.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan was entirely clueless about what Malory had been apologizing for. It had apparaently been directed at Big Lou and he'd understood it. Which was good since the raccoon couldn't figure out anything other then that whatever had been the problem was now okay.

The steepscrambler gave a nod of her head when Big Lou spoke to her. She had no problem to with waiting on bathing. She smiled as she spoke"O-okay. No problem . Did, heh, you want me to...um...help put plates on a table?" She had no idea where any dishes were or where they were going to eat. At her apartment, it tended to be use whatever and eat wherever.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.