Ended
Watch

Steak N' Beer at Big Lou's

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    A
    Ambrose

Taking a short walk from the park, Llewelyn led Malory and Morgan up to his apartment. Upon entering, it became apparent that Lou had been living fairly well. A nice rug covered the floor, and a new stereo system was pushed into the corner of the dining room, a worn out looking guitar mounted to the wall beside it. The open kitchen (connected to the dining room) looked choc-full of quality cooking gear. Malory could probably smell a tint of Methos, teatree oil and dish cleaner coming from the bathroom with her heightened senses, but other than that, it was your average upper-middle class apartment.

"Welcome ta' ma' home ladies!" He exclaimed, walking over to his fridge and opening it. He took out a few cans and offered them to the girls, before putting on some blues with the stereo. "I'll Jus' get some o' tha potatoes on th' go." He said, bustling into the kitchen.

Greebs @%1;

G
    Greebs

Mal followed Lou and Morgan in something almost approaching companionable silence. Though the crabby hunterheart being what she was, anyone else might not have noticed.

Stepping into Lou's apartment, she bit down on the urge to whistle in surprise. This was a long way from alleyways, cardboard boxes and the all pervasive stink of stale beer and urine. Hell, it was about as far away from her own pokey apartment as that rickety, mouldy dump was from the streets that had been her first home in the city.

She felt uncomfortable, standing there in all her dirt after a day trudging through the hedge. The place even Smelled clean. Manners might have dictated she offer to take off her shoes, but she really didn't want to do that. She was secretly quite ashamed of her freaky hybrid doggy-feet and didn't want to go parading them around the place.

Rubbing subconsciously at the stubbly fur growth at the back of her neck, she poked her head into the kitchen, "Lou, can I use the... uh... Little Boy's Room?" she asked.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan looked around Lou's apartment wide-eyed as her eyebrows raised up due to how impressed she was. It was certainly furnished nicer then her bare-bones apartment. She wondered how he got good stuff. Really, she had difficulty with buying things to furnish her apartment. Figuring out if it would fit through the door was something she could never pull off and some assembly required usually took her a week to work through. You could probably fit 3 of my places in here. Wow, kitchen has its own room! Probably doesn't even have bugs. Shit! Muddy shoes. She made sure to wipe her feet before crossing the threshold.

Like Mal, she was getting a little intimidated by such a nice place. However, it seemed to be a nice quiet neighborhood...So that was one point against Big Lou's apartment versus the raccoon's own. Morgan wouldn't be able to sleep without plenty of background noise thanks to her loud neighbors and the noisy streets. Morgan doubted she could afford such a nice place as this. Big Lou probably understood how to spend money well. The raccoon often got cheated when spending money. Numbers and figures were just...difficult, like those stupid computer.

"Whoa---erm, uh, this is a nice place B-Bi Lou, heh heh. " She finished with a friendly smile. She thought about offering to help while Mal used the bathroom. Something simple maybe I could do? Nothing with heat! Don't want to do the egg-oil boom kinda thing in his place. She still didn't understand why that had happened.

"Heh, do you, um, w-want me to do anything to, um, h-help s-setup or stuff?"

A
    Ambrose

"Yeah, uh, sure. Second door to your left. Yo can have a shower if ya want, is' bin' a big day o' walking." He said, nodding towards the door. Upon entering the bathroom, Malory finds herself in a rather small setup, with a bathroom sink with a mirror, a small shower and a toilet. She will also notice several different empty bottles of cleaning products around the handbasin.

"Thanks Morgan. I don' a fair bit o' work to get it lookin' nice, but it works." He replied with a smile. The idea of his hard work paying off always made Llewelyn feel proud about himself. At the offer of help, Llewelyn gave a nod. "Reckon you could peel th' 'tatoes for me?" He asked, placing down the cans of beers, before opening the cupboard and pulling out a chopping board and a small bag of potatoes. "The beer is still on offer if yo' want it"

G
    Greebs

A Shower?!

Could 'Big' Lou be more bro?

Mal gave him a stilted little smile of appreciation, unsure what to say. She wasn't very good at expressing positive feelings after all.

Ducking back out of the kitchen, she found herself almost following her nose more than Lou's directions. She sniffed at the confusing mix of the distinctive scent of Teatree oil, and a bunch of other stuff she was pretty sure wasn't generally found in a bathroom.

She fished a blade from her bag and regarded the furry five o'clock shadow on the arm that held it.

She was in no place to judge anyone for the eccentricities of their daily ablutions.

Stripping off, she left her clothes in a neat pile on top of the toilet seat, after a brief moment of seriously considering just stepping into the shower fully dressed. Her clothes were as dirty as she was after all, and frankly, when particularly tired, confused or distracted, the little Beast had to make a concious effort not to just forget about clothes.

Ooc: Given Mal is likely to be in the shower for some time, feel free to talk amongst yourselves...

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan nodded her head when Llewelyn asked about potatoes. "S-sure. I can peel them, heh no problem. And no chances of burning food by mistake." The last part she mumbled with a small smile. She was glad that Big Lou let her handle such a simple task. She moved in to get to work. All she needed was the potatoes, sink to wash them, cutting board for safety, and...something to peel with. "Heh heh, peeling tools. N-need those, right, um..."

She looked around the kitchen for a moment before finding something to peel the potatoes with. A knife should work fine unless Llewelyn wants to give her a potato peeler. Having found something that will work, the raccoon starts washing the potatoes, mumbling the steps to herself so she doesn't get it wrong. " Wash wash potato. Then peel it good. Mind the fingers. Potato done. Repeat." Unless Llewelyn wants her to use something instead of the knife she found, Morgan starts using it to peel the potatoes as best she can (she gets MOST of the skin off without cutting off much of the actual potato).

A
    Ambrose

At Mal's stiff smile, Llewelyn gave a big grin back. He knew her pride would never allow her to say thankyou for anything, so he assumed that this was the closest he would recieve - Still, it was nice to do a favour for someone else. Hell, maybe one day the ice around little Miss Grumble's heart would finally melt a bit.
    Shrugging at the lack of interest in beer, Llewelyn popped the cap on a bottle, got out some bacon and the steaks. "So how are you comin' along, fitting in well?" He asked the steepscrambler as he passed her a potato peeler, and began slicing up the bacon. The autumn coronation still stuck strongly in his mind - the poor girl hadn't exactly had the easiest start to joining the freehold.
    By the time Morgan had finished peeling the potatoes, Llewelyn had put the bacon in a pan to fry and had finished cutting up spring onions to put in the salad. "You'll find a saucepan in the drawers below you, could you please fill it up with the potatoes and water, then put it on to boil?" He instructed her, taking a swig from his beer bottle after doing so.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan nodded her head at Llewelyn's instructions for the saucepans and began searching. She heard the sound of water flowing through pipes and wondered why before remembering that Malory had gone to the bathroom. That was probably it. While searching she answered Llewelyn's question, "I, um, am d-doing well I guess. I have m-money and a place to live so...yeah it is going good. Heh, I'm doing l-lots better with other Lost t-than I did last year, heh heh." Of course, it would be hard to NOT do better than angering all the Sovereigns at the same time. Or shouting at one of the Freehold's most powerful members outside the Sovereigns. But the Beast saw no reason to set the bar high. She could raise it after going over it a few times.

"Heh, and I g-guess I'm making some f-friends too. That's good right? Oh, here it is." She pulled out a saucepan and began to fill it with water. At least the Beast hoped she was on good terms with a few of the Lost she met regularly. Those that came to her mind didn't seem to be bothered by her presence. She then plopped the potatoes into the pan and put it on the stove. "Um, how about y-yourself Big Lou? How is the Freehold treating you? Things going well?" The Beast was examining the stove, trying to figure out which dial went to which burner.

There was a look of great concentration on her face as she worked through the problem. She didn't recall ever boiling a potato. She didn't want to burn it accidentally by doing something wrong. Plus her apartment used a different (plus smaller) stove and it had taken her weeks to figure it out. Fortunately, practice makes perfect. In this case it took her only a moment to understand the setup and turn on the correct burner. That one, yes? Maybe? YES! Okay, dial goes there? Makes it hot right? Think so, good. The correct burner was on at a high setting, just not the highest.

A
    Ambrose

"Yeah, friends are always good ta' have roun', an' a bit o' cash and a house goes a long way in makin' things roun' here a lot more comfy. Gotta have somethin' or someone ta' fall back on when times is hard, right?" He agreed, giving the cut-up bacon a flip, causing the fat to sizzle and hiss. He set the oven to 158 fahrenheit, before getting another pan on the go with a bit of oil in it, the gas burner set on maximum.
    Another swig.
    "Yeah, things is good. Mechanic's is almost finished, an' i'll be lookin' to start a hollow shortly after. Also gon' get some speech trainin' from Perry, i'd like ta have a bit more luck when meetin' with others, I feel I coulda been a bit more use today." He replied. "So what's yo big plan? You an ol' Sacramento girl whose returnin' to her roots, or you got some other reason for bein' in town?" He asked, waiting till the oil was smoking in the pan before throwin on the steaks to fry with a great hiss.
    Another swig.

Sorry, just realized this didn't post when I wrote it a few days ago

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Business and a Hollow? He's doing good good, yes. And is friend to Mal too, right? Yup, good for her she needs more friends. She really couldn't give him any suggestions for improving social skills. Especially since Big Lou was already better at it then she was.

The Beast's tone was friendly as she spoke, "Heh, you did better then I could have. W-with the talking part. Perry probably is good at it, being a lawyer and all. I, uh," she blushed a little at admitting this "I used the library myself. N-not for better talking but for, um...being less stupid. Heh, so maybe reading books on it might help, heh, like it did with me?" She didn't sound too sure about the last part.

At the question of her plans, the Beast got thoughtful for a moment. She wasn't sure how much she wanted to say. It was somewhat...private for her. It'd be rude not to give some kind of answer though. She could just, not give details. Her tone now was much slower and more hesistant. She did not seem to like talking about this much, "Not from here, nope. Heh, not sure where I was from anymore. Came here to...find some old friends." She took one of the previously offered beers after finishing.

She had plans already for digging information. She was wary of sharing those plans, thanks to how much more unpleasant Chicago had been. She felt the Freehold here was much nicer, but old habits die hard. Also, she wasn't sure if the people she planned to talk with would want her sharing.

She then seemed to perk up a bit as she latched onto a simple idea. Change the subject. She looked back over to Big Lou, seeming a little more enthusiastic now, "Heh, um, what about you? W-why come to this big city?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.