Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 39
DISPLAYED
(1303) Circle of the Crone

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Sorry for the delay

The Hierophant listens to his fellow Acolytes and nods several times. 'I'm quite adapt at a Japanese form of fencing, but it is good to know we're all capable of doing something. Daymian if you want any training, please just ask.'

'Now, may I ask how you have previously experienced worshiping the Crone?' He looks at everyone one by one. 'Because in the past years the Woven Circle has had several open rituals, for the public eye they were... how to say it, softer. But we're missing several key aspects of our philosophy when we grow soft. Blood. Sacrifice. I'd like to know your opinions.'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Dr. Swift can't help but feel a little trepidation at the Hierophant's emphasis. Of course sacrifice was a key part of the Circle, and as Kindred the most precious thing they had to sacrifice was their Vitae, but there was a note in the Hierophant's voice that sounded almost.....lustful?

He knew that David Silver's particular brand of ceremony was very much geared toward the PR aspect, and so was a bit toned down. Still, he couldn't help thinking about the binding ceremony in which they had all split Vitae (though thankfully no one had ingested any), and then there was the ominous and mysterious fate of those two puppies....

He clears his throat, perhaps unnecessarily. "Sacrifice is, of course, a core component of our faith. And nothing is more precious than blood. But I feel the need to point out that all sacrifice must serve a greater purpose. Without purpose it is simply waste and slaughter. So, I would counter with a question, Hierophant Wooding. To what purpose, and whose blood?"

Dr. Swift was beginning to wonder if his calling in this Circle was to be a tempering influence. After all, the only ceremony the Hierophant had held since Iamedai Silver had passed him the responsibility had been more show and flash than substance....at least as far as the doctor had seen.

Claire Edmonton
    Claire Edmonton

PRE

Claire ponders the issue, and her Hierophant's emphasis. "Firstly, let me say I do not mean to offend with my limited experiences," she says, with affected humility for the sake of keeping up appearances. Mustn't be too presumptuous...

"But that would indeed be a serious matter. One that I would have no issue with in the least, given the appropriate circumstance. But pray tell, please elaborate."

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Just as Dr Swift cleared his throat, Chris sighs, in a useless but equally useful manner.

'I just want to make several things clear. I have been wondering if there were some positions you might be interested in. I have been asking about your previous experiences with the Crone. I wanted to know your opinions on this matter...' A short pause, there's definitely something big coming.

'I'm too young for all the roles I'm in. When I first came to the Domain I was a neonate, now some have started seeing me as an elder? That's not good for me, or any process of tribulation and learning. I will be leaving the city to go back to my old mentor. I might seem stupid and a coward by doing this, but that only proves I'm not the perfect Hierophant. My dedication to the Goddess is beyond imagining, but I don't see myself as a great leader. So I wanted you all to think about this, because you need to think about the future of the Circle in Sacramento.'

He stands up from his seat. 'So... I'm not sure what to do now. But I can only say, don't lose hope. Better times will come. I just need to find mine elsewhere.'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

N
    Noel

Daymian listens and watches and before he can answer the Hierophant makes a stunning announcement. Ever so slowly it seemed that their small circle was becoming unwoven. He wonders whether the tribulations that the Hierophant has been going thru as a young leader has been too much for him. Not that Daymian blames him, it's not like Daymian wishes to have those problems either. Another idea strikes as well, it will be interesting to see who of the Shadows steps up to fill his shoes.

Daymian shakes his head dislodging that line of thinking and back to the meeting at hand. "My beginning experience with the Circle was thru my creator. She was skilled and that circle dealt with sacrifice often. Once I left the city of my birth most of my experience has been on my own then the small time I have been here. Now that I know what you are looking for I can say that I am not old enough or powerful enough, or knowledgeable enough to stand as Hierophant, nor any of the traditional leading or combatative roles. I will support the circle as best I can no matter how small we become. Looking up at Chris he asks-

"When were you planning on starting your" he wanted to say retreat but that made it to harsh. "relocation and instruction?"

Claire Edmonton
    Claire Edmonton

PRE

Claire folds her hands in her lap and looks over between Daymian and Chris, finding the answer to the former's latest question to be vital to any further deliberations.

Dr. Swift raises an eyebrow as he listens to Chris' explanation. When Silver had made Wooding Hierophant he had felt confused at the choice, but trusted David's decision. Now he thought he might see a glimmer of that same wisdom David spoke of, and had hoped would blossom into something more when he passed the mantle. Dr. Swift had not known then what David had, that he would be departing. David had perhaps chosen the one he knew best even though he knew him to be too young. Chris realizing this was perhaps ironically that very blossoming of wisdom David had hoped for, though it caused him to cast the mantle off.

"You will be missed," Dr. Swift says in reply, "but I cannot fault your reasoning or your desire. I too have a mentor far away and there are times I wish I could return to study with him. But alas, he is out of my reach now."

He glances around the table and considers. They needed some form of leadership, but none of them truly deserved the title of Hierophant as none of them had the experience, tenure, and power required. "What of your books? Will you be taking them with you, or leaving them in the care of the Circle. I would be pleased to take charge of them, and I could act as steward for the temple until such time as either you or David Silver -- or another we feel is worthy -- returns."

He glance at Ms. Claire Tunt and the other newcomer who had remained quiet and in the shadows. He did not know what they were capable of and was not about to suggest they take the burden of leadership or accept that suggestion if it were made. "And if you do have time before your departure perhaps you would be willing to impart some of your knowledge of the secret arts. I was planning on asking this of you in any case, but now it seems even more important that we have at least a starting place for our worship during the challenges that certainly lie ahead of this small circle."

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'I plan on leaving very soon... there is just some stuff that needs to be taken care off first.' Chris turns to Swift. 'I will take most of the books with me, I haven't stopped dreaming, and it is my own collection. Yet I can always leave some of it here.'

He thinks for a moment. Then he shrugs.

'Tomorrow I will be here, deciding which books I can leave behind in this Circle. You can step by and I will share my knowledge of Cruac, if you wish.'

Dr. Swift agrees, and the members disperse, agreeing to meet again later.

Closed due to inactivity and to allow Wooding to exit without snarling continuity. Please feel free to start a new thread!

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread