Watch

(At the marina) Meeting I

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha had sent a text to the following Kindred:-

@Savnok Albert Sawyer Jokor (for Hans) panik Bradley Doyle Apophis (for Jack)

"Sir, I understand you may have some skills that may help with a matter that may be of potential concern to the local community. If you are able and happy to help, you are invited to attend a meeting at the usual nightclub at 20:00 H, March 21, 2013. ~M~"

After the message was sent, Martha began to work to assemble the plan and team.

With the help of Daniella Sage and Dillon Connery she was setting up the Meeting Chamber.

In the cellar vault beneath the Avalon nightclub, far away from the press of dancing Mortals, the lights are low.

Down in the cellar vault of the Avalon, away from the sweaty press of people and the nightclubs' bright lights it is quieter.

Here a calm atmosphere prevails.

Recessed lamps cast a soft glow and the bright and rich scent of freshly made lemonade and squeezed lemons fills the air.

Tiny Martha is busy in the Meeting Chamber of the Avalon Elysian Field. Martha, dressed in her more familiar neat and clean Edwardian style school uniform (though the pleated skirt hangs just above the knee tonight and she's wearing her C-Leg).

She is busy pinning print out pictures from her earlier investigation and a plan of the Millers Park Marina to the Flip-Chart and making certain her notes were ready while awaiting the arrival of potential fellow investigators and the briefing to follow...
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

p
    panik

When the Haunt woke tonight his cell was ringing loudly, a reminder. Vincent had received the text from the Herald and had immediately emptied whatever plans he had for that mentioned night. He wasn't the brightest of kindreds but he knew that a text from the Herald carried a certain level of authority and therefore should be taken very seriously.

An hour gone by sunset and Vincent descends into the Cellar Vault underneath the Avalon Club. His smartphone is in his hand but once he's inside the actual Elysia he immediately turns the device on 'Silent Mode'. There's nothing worse than interupting a serious talk with a meaningless phone call.

He's dressed more casually than his latest appearances in the Elysia, sporting a pair of quality blue jeans and a pristine white shirt. He isn't sure if he's properly dressed for the meeting but no dress code had been mentioned so the attractive Haunt decided to follow his own motto: When in doubt, go causal.

The Nosferatu takes few seconds to scan over the Elysia and to give time for his undead ears to adjust to the quiet and calm offered by the Vault after the Nightclub above. Noticing the gathering of three officials he composes himself after his Beast thrashes his insides hoping to avoid the confrontation with the Reeve's stronger, older, and far more intimidating reflection of the blood. Once he's once again calm and cool he walks towards the trio.

"Good Evening," He addresses the officials and then gives each one a slight and respectful bow of head, "@Herald Villers , @Bailiff Sage , @Reeve Connery ." The Haunt smiles politely as he waits for an acknowledgement before speaking further. His teeth shine unnaturally underneath soft lighting of the Vault, especially his pointy canines.

S
    Savnok

At Albert's Haven

Albert awoke from his comatose condition. It was routine for him to check his smartphone for new messages. It took him a moment to recognize the cryptography. He set the device down, No trading tonight. The Lord dressed in navy blue jeans, dark grey hooded sweatshirt, black t-shirt underneath and and black sneakers.

He looked to his Remington Model 597. He desparately wanted to bring it with him, Can't risk it. I've only had two sessions. I don't want to shoot the wrong person. Then inspiration struck. Who will stop me for America's favorite pastime?

Albert hopped into his Scion tC and went to the sporting goods store, he picked up a metal bad, baseball and catcher's glove. The Lord tossed the items into the trunk and sped off to Avalon.

At Avalon

Sawyer arrived, leaving the "sports equipment" in the car and quickly made his way down into the Court. As he turned into the office, the Reeve's overwhelming Beast made him reflexively step back out for a moment. And that's exactly why I need to slow the hell down. The Ventrue returned and gave his greetings to the officers first, "Hello Reeve Connery, Herald Villiers and Lady Sage," and took notice of the savage looking fellow. Whatever it was, his Beast was hidden but his ferocious demeanor made up for it.

"Forgive me, I don't believe we've met," normally he'd offer to shake hands but this man seemed like the type who'd sooner give a bone-crushing grip than a handshake.

R
    RiffRaff

"How may I assist the Domain, Keeper Villiers?" From his position in the doorway he had not been hidden, but it was Bradley's standard operating procedure not to announce his presence by clomping around as if he were some fat twelve year old, or a freshly shod horse on cobblestone for anyone who wasn't deaf to be aware of his presence. He was dressed in what the people of the Domain might eventually come to understand as his standard wear, sweatpants and a hoodie of an indeterminate greyish color suitable for blending into a dark alley, it's concealing hood up to protect himself from the Light that so many couldn't live without, even in death.

Hands tucked safely away in his kangaroo pocket, the Nosferatu gives everyone else in the room a nod of respect appropriate to their stations and age, where he could tell it at least.

At motel

'Something he could help with? only one thing I can help her with.' hans thought to himself as he was gathering his belongings, he put his trusty mauser in his duffle back, together with a few clips of ammo. Together with his luger , the holster for it and his trusty combat knife. He was dressing in cheap ,unobtrusive and disposable clothes. dark colored T-shirt, a cheap jacket of a dark color, and some pants that obviously where bought second hand. Nothing he would miss if he had to get rid of them if they got splattered with blood. The dark color would hide any bloodstains during that time as well. Then for extra ensurance he stuffed a change of clothes in the duffle bag. Even with a dark color hiding the stains he didn't want to take the chance to be seen when covered in blood. That would be unprofessional.

He put his cellphone on silent mode and slips it in his pocket and then he is off.

At avalon

"Guten Abend Jeder," Hans greeted the people already assembled as he walked into the avalon court. eyeing the two new men he hadn't really met yet. though he had seen the man with the hood in the safari trip. The other man however wasn't jogging his memory. Albert however he did know and he gave him an acknowlaging nod.
    "Reeve Dillon, Herald Villiers, Bailiff sage. How can I be of service today."

Equipment:name|damage/dicepool|range|capacity|str needed| size

-Luger Parabellum P08 |2 |15/30/60| 8+1| 2 |1/S
    -Mauser Model 1898| 4 (9 again)| 200/400/800| 5+1| 2 |3 (scoped)
    -Combat Knife |1(L)| 1/S| (3 durability)
    [vtr]
    Hans
    BP:1 vitae: 3/10
    Presence:2 (stern)
    disfigurement flaw: a disgusting scar stretching from his chin all the way past is mouth and to his eyebrows. It has healed quite badly, as if somebody just stitched it close and hoped for the best.

[?

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha smiled and nodded happily to each and every new arrival. Seeing that most seemed to have arrived, she nodded again to the Reeve and Bailiff and seemed ready to begin her briefing.

"Good evening...good evening one and all! i hope you can all get to know each other shortly...for those not familiar with each other..." she began cheerily, "...I am also glad to see so many of you here. Thank you all for coming! Especially when my communication was so vague." another smile.

She limps over to the Flip-Chart and used her felt-marker pen to gesture to the plan of Millers Park Marina and the large 8x10 print-outs of the photographs she'd taken at the scene.

"Well, please gather close so you can see the charts and maps and I shall start...please feel free to ask questions as we go..." she points to the map and the Google map of the scene.

"Here we see Miller Park. A marina harbour on the Sacramento River. It's the largest civilian marina along the Sacramento River and the whole facility covers 57 acres with 475 berths. Many of these berths have rain coverings...as you can see from the aerial photograph..."

[

"The basin has an average depth of about 8 feet. There are regular security patrols of the perimeter; but there are long periods between the patrols and they appear to be largely just for show rather than actual diligent guarding. There are several fuel dumps of 87-Octane fuel for the vessels. This is the standard octane for most vehicles. Now...that may present a hazard to careless or unwary Kindred. It seemed only fair to mention this."

"The Marina itself is readily accessible from US-50, I-80 and the I-5. Now...you may well be thinking: why is this important to us? I shall answer swiftly. Whilst on Patrol yesterday evening I noticed that this vessel..."

Martha gestures to an 8x10 on the Flip-Chart of a motor launch at berth.

"...the motor launch 'Rendezvous' was seen entering the waterway making towards the Marina. Its crew seemed oddly vigilant. Moreso than for simple piloting or avoidance of the usual hazards of navigation. They seemed altogether too vigilant. I began to wonder if they may be involved in something we, as Kindred, should become alert to."

While she speaks Martha flips the page to show another larger map:-

http://www.cityofsacramento.org/ccl/...about.html#map

"The vessel is moored at berth B-37 in the North Basin. I estimate that there the vessel has a crew of no more than ten, perhaps numbering six."

"Now, you should be made aware at this point that there are several internal investigations underway at present within the Domain which the Reeve is co-ordinating. These are to ensure our collective security. Several Kindred have gone missing and it is with this in mind that I hope your various skills and high abilities will help the Reeve and I investigate these matters. I look to you to examine the berth, the vessel and the crew and help assess whether this vessel is linked to any other matters that may effect us in this Domain. We look to you to help make our Domain safe for all."

She smiles, but more to encourage and inspire than find joy in the situation and looks to those present to see if there were any questions or comments.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

S
    Savnok

Albert having been with the Herald on the discovery, examined the information attentively. As far as he was aware, he was one of two Ventrue in the room, and perhaps the only businessminded individual of the bunch, he was thinking what could possibly be involved with this particular vessel.

Drug smugglers? Given California's proximity to Mexico and the Cartel Wars going, that was most probable. Examining the boat he stated the obvious, "They have excellent funding to afford something that big."

He looked to the assembled group, the neonate avoided looking at the Reeve for more than a split-second as the man's Beast was overpowering, the hairs on his neck rose slightly thanks to Blush of Life he always had with him. "I hope we've got Kine..."

The myriad of scenarios played out in his mind, thinking of how to approach the task. Commanding an interloper to hold still just long enough to allow for Osterman to line up a headshot. It was a guilty pleasure inspired by far too many hours of first-person shooter videogames.

"Are they unloading any cargo? Guard patrols and intervals?"

R
    RiffRaff

Bradley stares from across the table, his hood obscuring his face as he looked at the glossy 8x10s. "Is the crew active during the night?" If they weren't, that would at least suggest that there weren't any Kindred aboard. His hood looks towards the others that had been called in. "If we can isolate one of them, perhaps if they sleep somewhere other than the ship, I can restrain someone if one of you needs them held still while you apply a Gift to them." He didn't know what the others could do, but it might be an option. He turns back to the Herald Keeper. "How immediate do wish us to move on this?" Bradley asks, taking the others' willingness to deal with the situation for granted.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha is clearly pleased with Albert's and Bradley's sensible questions and her nods show this. "All good questions, sir." she reinforces. "The crew is active at night. I saw four men on deck. There was no obvious unloading of cargo. Nor was there an obvious pattern to watchfulness, but I was not able to observe them the whole evening. Their pattern of activity on deck was erratic. Which, unhelpfully, suggests they are either very careful or very careless. Only a complete fool would fall into a routine sentry pattern. The vessel can certainly berth a larger crew, so I made an estimate that some of the crew would be either resting or working out of sight. I daresay they may well, being sailors, be tempted to make a run-ashore at some point!" she giggles merrily.

With a nod to acknowledge Albert's point she adds;
    "Perhaps to the local clubhouse at the marina. They must be well resourced so their fun and games may have high value. If you need to use Gifts, I am confident you will all be properly careful. As to the speed of the operation, sir, move as soon as you feel adequate recon has being conducted and you are confident of your planning and that you can achieve the mission objectives."

"Primarily the mission, from my immediate point of view, is to make certain that whatever the crew of the vessel is up to that it is not a threat to the Domain or likely to harm our activity in anyway. If you feel you need to take some kinetic or other executive action...do so as covertly as possible and only as a last resort. Whatever happens, we will need a careful and complete report from you of what you find. We certainly don't need the police or others becoming curious either!" she giggles again, but a little more seriously than before.

"I'm going to nominate Herr Osterman as the leader of this patrol. He is a military man with experience of recon and mission planning. I am confident he will lead you all well." she nods to Hans and then the others present she imagines will go on the immediate patrol...Vincent, Albert and Bradley.

"I have asked that Mr Passions supply transport. He has access to some very grand vehicles. Such vehicles will fit in easily with those of the local population at the Marina should you require to get close. With any luck he will be available to help when needed and at fairly short notice." she pulls her cell-phone from her blazer pocket, as if to indicate a clue to the means of contact.

"Are there any other questions?" she asks happily, looking to Bradley, Vincent and Hans again. "If not, then I shall let you gentleman plan...and, with your permission, listen while you do so."

Angel of Darkness
    M

The Shark descends the stairs to of Avalon. Fashionably late, but the fact does not help him as he enters the room and is assaulted by the presence of so many Beasts. Most familiar though some not, and yet it is still Dillon's that the Shark notices most. Cerebus' presence immediately causing the Shark to momentarily pause in it's endless pacing swim back and forth through Erich's soul. Any thought the Shark had had to challenge the new beasts immediately silenced, and then the pacing, albeit much slower and more subdued, resumes.

The Shark might stop swimming for a moment, but there is no pause in Erich's step. He'd prepared for that moment. He casually approaches the gathered with a debonair smile and a small wave of his hand.

"Herald Villiers, Reeve Connery, Lady Bailiff Sage." He greets each with a small nod of his head.

He turns to the others and offers them a polite smile.

"As I'm sure the Herald has informed you, I'll be arranging for your transportation. I've already taken liberty to do some research of the location and had my assistant drive past the area during the day. I've secured a 1st generation Hummer for this operation already and can adjust accordingly should you require it.

I've already given some thought and would like to propose this idea to you. The dock at Miller Park is of the largest in the city and it's immediate vicinity. It's a public area and the marina office is closed at night so the only security that will be an issue is that of the boats. My thought is that I'm young and very rich, in today's society it's all too common for such individuals to be cavorting idiots. Myself, Mr. Sawyer, the Lady Bailiff Sage, and I could arrive at the Marina in a limo, perhaps with a bevy of beautiful women I could acquire from upstairs."
    The Shark grins. "I approach the boat and offer an obscene amount of cash for them to take my little entourage on a short stint down the river and back. If they bite on that, 'great we have access to investigate'. If they don't, I can continue to make a scene for a bit while Mr. Osterman leads a team to board the boat covertly."

He spreads his arms a bit. "Just a suggestion." His charming smile remains on his face as he observes the reaction from the other Kindred. He even manages to not wrinkle his nose at Mr. Doyle. Nosferatu, BLECH

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread