Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
61 - 70
DISPLAYED
1303 Free Council Meeting

Page 7 of 9 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last

Epsilon interrupted his conversation with Hypnos when he suddenly heard Samdei addressing the assembly. And then turned around to see what would be the reaction of the others.

After casting a look at Samdei that could freeze coffee solid, Kite turned to address everyone present. Though he was smiling, his face was flushed red. “I have access to that skill everyone… but I don’t think it will be necessary…” He let his voice trail off as he turned back around...

Turning his flushed face towards the former gangster, Kite spoke – icily, yet clearly, somewhat low-key, yet deliberately, and in a perfectly modulated tone - almost softly, save for the steel in his voice. “Samdei, let's forget for a moment that they are not prepared. Let's also forget for the moment that I am not prepared." Kite emphasized that last sentence in particular. "Let's also forget that everyone present is already dead tired, and are not in the right frame of mind to participate in an Assembly." Kite growled "I know for a fact that not all libertines are present here (!); they chose not to participate in what they thought would be an 'Ice Cream Social.' To these missing individuals who thought they were skipping a social gathering, turning this into an official assembly - with no prior notification, all on the fly - would be completely unfair (!). It would also be completely unfair to those apostates who also wanted to participate in the Assembly, but didn't feel like joining this social gathering(!)."

Kite deliberately kept his voice down, making a successful - though clearly difficult - effort to maintain a polite, cordial demeanor. "We do this in a way that is considerate to everyone involved in our order - and to everyone who is not in one yet:"

"We give them 2 weeks notice that an Assembly is approaching, so that they can get prepared. Then, and only then, do we hold it. This is the only decent thing to do(!)."

Samdei shrugged and looked around.

Well since we’re in the habit of forgetting things, lets forget that you’re a Syndic and ain’t exactly entitled to making decisions. Your job is to just present topics and debate with others of your station.” Samdei’s own voice had ice cubes floating in it. “What you do reflects back on all of us, so listen up, Kite. You aren’t in charge, and you only get one vote -- just like the rest of us -- you Liberati cube.

Instead he took a moment and breathed. “I can always call Imp, since he’s the only one not here, not a big deal. That being said if everyone is so goddamn tired, I’m sure since you could deal with the inebriation, you could handle the fatigue just as well.

Samdei paused for an inhalation of breath before continuing.

Besides, I’m pretty sure all of those that could be considered Ticket-holders are here.
    This is a generic account for moderating the Mage game/forums. It cannot receive messages and inquiries should be posted on your character sheet or messaged to the specific Mage ST(s).

R
    RiffRaff

Anarchy had seen Kite slink in quietly, but everything was going so nicely that there wasn't a need to spoil it by speaking with him. Sadly that situation didn't last long.

"Oh please Kite, it's hardly like we're drunk off our asses or up past our bedtime. And I'm sure once everyone saw the proposals you gave me, you'll have their full and undivided attention." She smiles and there's nothing warm in it, she had read and re-read what he gave her and it only solidified her opinion of his goals. "I transcribed it to a flash drive, you or Samdei can get Impulse over here and I'll run and make some copies for everyone to look over and form an opinion about. I'm sure it will be illuminating."

Anarchy sips her drink, having finished her food awhile ago. "I'm backing Samdei up here Kite, anyone who's not part of the Council* doesn't get a vote on what the Assembly discusses at a meeting. If the Assembly says it's okay, they can show up and observe though. The Assembly can even seek their opinions if it chooses to do so. But, since you've never asked the Assembly one way or another, any point you might be trying to make about this being unfair to apostates is moot. We're small enough that, once Impulse gets here, we can do the democratic thing and have a simple show of hands on the topic of letting non-members observe the meeting and read the paperwork."

"I for one am totally fine with everyone seeing the stuff you've been planning on pushing through." That document he had given her enraged her on so many levels. Maybe if she hadn't dealt with his shit before, she'd have thought he was just making some kind of mistake. With what she'd experienced, she doubted that he could have been more anti-democratic if he'd had Seer help drafting it. "Maybe the Consilium will start taking the Assembly seriously when they find out that we don't just pay lip service to Democracy. They might not agree with it, but they won't be able to dismiss us out of hand."

It looked like the party would end earlier than expected, with the party going toward a formal meeting and all. Well, that wasn't such a bad idea after all, and it looked like the free council needed some clear direction to follow. But he wasn't a fan of the idea of having a life adept clear the alcohol and illegal substances out of his body.With that in mind, he took a step forward and raised his hand.

" Well, I don't know if the voice of a libertine from the big easy counts for something but I am okay to support the idea of having the meeting right now. And how about allowing the others to watch the discussion ? It would be rude to invite them for a party and dismiss them so abruptly. "

He then stopped talking to let the opportunity to anyone else to voice their opinions.

S
    Savnok

It had been a very long and frustrating day that was starting to go well. Rubick considered Epsilon an ally, and he even met the famous Japanese hacker, Gaijin. Then the sudden uproar of argument.

For what it was worth, Samdei's demeanor simply solidified the Enchanter's opinion on him - That guy is really weird. Then the guy apparently named Stephen gave him a verbal lashing. He had somehow missed the woman who stepped into the confrontation and threw gasoline on it. What the hell did I come into?

With Epsilon seemingly trying to defuse the situation as quickly as possible, Rubick just gave up. He didn't want to cause any more trouble than he already had. Getting punched in the face and subsequently meeting the First Talon was enough "excitement" that he had for the the day. He looked longingly back to the selection of liqour then to Epsilon, Please just delay them long enough for one last drink man. I need it...

The Acanthus nodded and shyly concurred with his friend, "I'm okay with his plan," and quickly reached for a bottle of vodka to pour into his cup.

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (cheerful), Sl 2 (honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

Avalon

Ermon smiles back:

"George it is then. And I'll be sure to pass the note to Ariadne. Though the name of this person would help."

As the conversation between Samdei and Kite gets more intense and Anarchy joins in, it attracts Ermon's attention and he points it out to George:

"It seems we are getting invited to be present at a Free Council official meeting. That should be interesting."

His gaze drifts over the libertines for a few moments, while he is considering his luck. After all, he didn't join an Order straight after Awakening, because he wanted to learn more about them before making the decision. ANd here was an excellent opportunity.

Although other clubs might not be so willing to allow a peek at their inner workings.
    Alfred 'Ermon' Coldwell, Pre 2 (Cheerful), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mana: 8 WP: -2
    Oblations: 1, 2

W
    WakingDream

Impulse sneezes as he walks in, three times in quick succession. Someone must be talking about me... He thinks as he blesses himself. He scans the room quickly. He didn't want to stay long. He only came due to some nagging feeling that he should make an appearance... Just long enough to grab some of this 'free pizza' that was being offered.

He would take some beer too if he actually drank it... And he still might, simply because he liked free things.

B
    Beej

"Oh hey." Reverb turns to Idun, breaking out of his quasi-sulk. "Uh..eh?" he shrugs. "I found out recently there are actual Loa. I was hoping Samdei might be willing to shed some light on the topic given his name and all but..no bueno. More tight lipped than Gallows on the subject." he says a little sullen. "You do something with your hair?" he asks, suddenly changing tack. RockBane

M
    Marcivo

Rubick nodded excitedly, "Yes, yes! I thought it was you! I can't believe it. You're one of us! It's so good to have someone like yourself on board." He quickly took out his smartphone and whispered, "This may seem a bit forward but...since we're here...may I get your number? I'd like to keep in touch with you."
    Gaijin immediately had her notepad out and scratched her number - a different number - onto the page.

She wasn't picky when it came to allies, no matter what she let on.

"This guy's slangy gangster act isn't fooling anybody," she half-whispered, handing over the paper.

Page 7 of 9 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.