Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
81 - 82
DISPLAYED
1303 Free Council Meeting

Page 9 of 9 First ... 5 6 7 8 9

“Anarchy, that isn’t what I wrote… and you know it. You are deliberately cherry-picking terminology out of context.” Kite shook his head in frustration before turning to Anarchy one more time.

“I did indeed write that the ‘Representative’, a new elected post I proposed, should be given partial Emissary. The idea is that, should another order wish to speak with someone of the Free Council regarding an urgent matter, they don’t need to sort out internal libertine politics in order to figure out whom they should speak to: they know to speak to the Representative.” The slim willworker sighed. “I also wrote down that absolutely nothing the Representative agrees to can be implemented without a full Assembly vote – something which you conveniently neglected to mention.”

“I also wrote that, should there be a surprise assault on Free Council personnel or holdings from an outside source, that the Representative should be considered to have the authority of a ‘Stratego’ – for purposes of chain-of-command.” Kite glared at Anarchy. “The idea is that, in the event of such a surprise attack by Seers, Banishers, or other forces ensue – you know, an emergency situation - we shouldn’t have to debate who is in charge or has the authority to give orders to troops, or appoint personnel to organize a retreat, or stage a counterattack.” Kite held the bridge to his nose as he apparently started to fight off a migraine. “As you well know, I also wrote that, should a majority of Assembly members communicate that they wish this additional authority to end, then this power is revoked immediately. The Assembly can then appoint a new Stratego should they wish it, or leave the post blank if they feel that the danger had passed.” Kite stared at the crazy libertine.

After taking a deep breath and breathing a heavy sigh, Kite turned back to Anarchy. “This is your party, and you clearly do not wish me here… so I will go. However, I’ll bring both agendas - the version I gave you, as well as the most recent version – with me to the next meeting so that people can compare and contrast the two versions with what you have claimed. I'll address your remaining claims there as well."

Kite seemed confident. "I have absolutely no issues at all with the people here looking at that older, developmental version – the only reason I changed it was that it was a bit long and dry, so I shortened it up a bit and removed some material which I thought needed substantial additional work and wasn’t immediately pertinent.”

After reaching into his pocket and setting down some business cards on a nearby table, Kite turned to everyone around him. “My contact information is here, in case you don’t already have it.” Kite motioned to the cards. “Does anyone else have any questions before I go?”

With an unfortunate buzz of a phone call, Rubick quietly steps out of the venue.

Rubick has left the scene

The rest of the conversation doesn't last much longer as it goes and soon enough everyone finds their way home.

Thread Closed
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Page 9 of 9 First ... 5 6 7 8 9
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.