Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
431 - 440
DISPLAYED
(1303) Coronation of Spring

Page 44 of 48 First ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 Last

Nova had no desire to care about those beyond what she could see. Though the cat calls and cheering were starting to mingle with the scent of whatever was being held by the table above her. Although in all honesty she was just starting to feel tired.

The idea that this was spring’s time now made her want to get out and try to stretch her legs, but the hounds of summer gave her pause.

And especially now that the leaf stuff wasn’t working on her torso... Who cared if her collar bone and arms were covered. Who cared if she wanted to show off the craftsmanship of her body and the way she had put extra work into the make up of the porcelain.

She wasn’t allowed to present herself as anything other than a perfect box of society’s ideals.

It was like a cage. And there was no freedom.

They were still in the hedge, they were still captured, she could feel it. The press of the courts, they still had to follow the crowd. Individuality was lost.
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

I
    Irina

The very faint indication of surprise remained on the Iron Adjutant's face, although it would have been difficult to see unless someone was watching her incredibly closely. So Mrs Rosemary was stepping down as the Queen of Spring. Another change so soon for that court; and put into action so suddenly. It came across as odd to the Draconic; Mrs Rosemary had been doing a fine job, insofar as she had seen. And the fabulous chef was beloved by all, which was always important in gaining loyalty and trust from subjects.

Violet, by comparison, still seemed to be a new and unknown quantity, in the Freehold barely over six months. The Draconic shook her head at Shin very gently, and responded with care.

"I do not believe there is cause for alarm. Unexpected? Terribly." Her head tipped sideways very slightly, surveying the other Lost as the next Spring Queen spoke, until her calculating gaze fell upon Rook to gauge his reaction.

F
    Facer

Spook adjusted his tie and waxy lapels as he approached the Dias. The new Vernal Sovereign was a creature of inhuman majestic beauty. The applause was very appropriate. She probably gets a standing ovation just hailing a cab.

Luckily, he wouldn’t be the only one making the Great Pledge. He had understood the oath, but had been so caught up in remembering and dissecting the words that he hadn’t even thought about the inferred delivery method. Hand on the heart? Is there a corporal involved? Kneel? Stand? Rub your belly while patting your head?? He had no idea. Thus Spook was in no hurry to get to the monarchs and center stage of the Changelings of Sacramento.

Well, he would just do what he always did when unsure: copy someone else. He arrived just in time to see a Beast Changeling taking her vow on bended knee. Alright. Not one to be outdone; Spook came forward and dropped next to her mirroring her exact stance. Besides, even if they were the only two, it would be better than leaving her down there all alone. That would have seemed...well, whatever, he decided to join her.

Once a few others had finished and it was his turn, he spoke the words in the same cadence that he had heard before: “As the four Seasons come and go, and one ruler changes for another, as is the natural way of things, I will watch over the Freehold and shape it from the predations of the Others. In return, I will follow the rules laid down and never bring danger to our society and in doing so, I will find my mind stays whole and focused. I will gladly swear this oath, in full understanding that breaking this oath shall banish me from the land forever.”

K
    Kazakin

Rook's expression was much more open than Anya's, though his steel features were poor at communicating his feelings, and his emotions were dull and muted at most times. Normally, he applauded the sovereigns. It was rather telling that this time, he didn't do so. Several facts were arranging themselves simply in the Red Victor's mind.

Violet LeBlanc had done nothing for the Freehold. She was a newcomer. She had risked nothing, provided nothing. Mrs Rosemary, on the other hand, had given a great deal. She had aided him on the day he had arrived, made it possible for him to even stay here, and his loyalty was not something easily moved.

But the real crux was the fact that the Metalflesh had seen Spring courtiers who could change the whims of others at the blink of an eye. He had also seen what happened when members of that Court decided that their desires were the only thing that were important, and sooner or later, it became a violation of everyone else around them, descending steeper and steeper into the deprivations of the Others.

How hard would it have been to give someone the Desire to hand over the Crown? Was Violet capable of that? Had she usurped the throne and done so bloodlessly, in a way that could not be argued with because it would come from the lips of the previous Sovereign herself?

Rook's shuttered steel irises remained fixed on the dais as the Freeholders moved forwards to pledge themselves.

If Violet had violated Mrs. Rosemary's mind for her own selfish gain, rather than putting herself to work for the Freehold, then her new Crown would be a noose around her neck before the sun rose on Summer. If. He would take no action until there was proof. The Board was, after all, inclined to judging things on the side of violence.

But he was damned if he could put his finger on any reason why Violet had earnt such a role otherwise.

"Yes. Unexpected," the Red Victor echoed. It was a blunt, steel-hard statement, but he wasn't inclined to explore options right now. He wanted to speak with Mrs. Rosemary, but it would not be in public. He cared a great deal for the Gristlegrinder, after all. And he owed her.

Perry diCarto

Perry sipped at his drink as well. He smirked slightly at Jack's 'surprise!' and replied to Stripes, "Absolutely, man. Sounds good. I look forward to it!"

After the cat heads off, however, the Shadowsoul leans in slightly to Doctor Jack and lets a little bit of his concern be known in a whisper. "She's been around about six months, and is very powerful. We should check in with Rosemary later." A nod. The Spring officer wasn't about to start questioning the new queen in public, particularly since Mrs. Rosemary seemed entirely okay with what had happened, but he wanted a chance to make sure everything was copacetic.

As willing as Perry was to be politic and support the Queen publicly - after all, she had a great command of Spring's tenets and was very kind and helpful - he did wish to cover his bases. Due diligence was part of the lawyer's job.

I
    Irina

Vincent paused in the conversation as the announcement was made, and he recalled easily the nervousness with which he had approached the reigning monarch on his arrival at the end of last year. Maybe it would be easier for the new Lost this Spring, if the Queen was also new to this? He still knew so few faces. Perhaps Spring would be the season to branch out a little bit more?

"I ahh, I think it would take some of the mystery away, now that you mention it," Vincent admitted, with a very brief chuckle. "Although I didn't intend to ahh, to search the Freehold anyway. It would have looked ever so slightly obsessive, I think."

He wondered if he had been particularly obvious to anyone during the masquerade. The mask that he had selected would have been a slight clue, but only if the person actually knew him - and very few people actually did. No, Vincent guessed that his anonymity was assured.

S
    Selena

Let's wrap up Spring Coronation by 5/1/2013

The Nightsinger stood attentive to each Freehold member as they recited or renewed their vows. To any observing the new Sovereign, her demeanor seemed like she may have done this many times before. Violet returned @Heath Moore ’s whimsical wink easily, acknowledging his renewal. Her bewitching eyes contacted @Perry diCarto ’s as he cheered, to which she returned with a soft grin and upon hearing @Warren Locke ’s echoes, she also looked to him a moment before hearing the next Oath.

Looking up to the tall @Anya Ivanova , she heard the words of the Gargantuan’s pledge and nodded to the Ogre. An acknowledging nod of her head to the seemingly serious woman as finished her Oath.

The Flowering Fairest almost felt as if she needed to stand at attention for the Wizened Soldier who came before her. Still with a warm grin, she held out her hand to shake it. “Pleased to meet you @Doctor Jack . Merci beaucoup for your offer, we should catch up soon, no?” With a slight tilt to the Doctor’s direction before hearing the next Lost.

Violet saw the next woman come forward and take to one knee. Hearing the Runnerswift stammer a little and seeing her fidget, the Nightsinger hunched down to eye level placing her palms on her skirt to listen to @Jack Tarra . Grinning sweetly to the Winter Beat, she softly spoke. “Well done madame.” Pausing and turning to the next member. A Mirrorskin stepped forward, Autumn as she smelled the Fall air tickling her nose. Seeing him kneel in the same manner of Jack, she had also kept at the same level as she was with the Runnerswift while turning to the Darkling. Nodding to @Spook after he recited his Oath, “Excellent, monsieur. Thank you to the both of you.” Her hands moved to make a cupping motion, ushering them to stand once again. The Fairest’s demeanor was much like that of another figure, always wanting to be on the level with those around her.

L’aire’s bowing nod was met with her own she smiled in gratitude for her Oath as well. Next was the Autumn Nix, whose demeanor before the Spring Flowering was one she’d seen plenty of times. Listening to @Ava Campbell ’s voice while she Pledge the Oath Violet met the Beast’s quick smile with a welcoming one of her own. “Wonderful.” She said in a warm tone.

The Manticoress whom the Nightsinger enjoyed conversing with before, stepped up. A familiar grin to a Fellow Spring ( @Dusan ) as the Fairest renewed her Oath. “Magnifique seeing you again Juno.” With a quick wink, recalling their discussion at the Four Seasons some time ago.

Violet looking around to a few who she had not met, or that she had not seen in the Freehold until now. She was patient to wait or converse with those still standing near the Dias.

ooc

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan wasn't too sure what Jezebel meant about the coronation. The concept had been explained to her. The mystical/social/symoblic part sounded complicated to her, so she just went with the assumption that Jezebel knew what she was talking about.

Morgan's response to Violet's crowning and speech was complete and utter shock. Her eyes were wide and her jaw hung open. Though it was not because someone new got the crown. It was WHO was getting the crown. Fortunately, this kept her from speaking what she was thinking: Are you shitting me! The new Queen is the one Jessica attacked! Shit, just, shit. Really. Okay, calm-calm, no need to panic. Fairest probably ain't holding a grudge, right? The Beast took in a few deep breaths to try to do just that. It did help somewhat, Okay, better? Little. Just don't bring it up with her, okay? Wait, gotta apologize to the Sovereigns, and she is one of them...shit again. New plan: skip her. At least she'd stopped gawking in shock.

The Steepscrambler was snapped out of her stupor when the Elemental spoke to her again. Morgan jumped a little before quickly turning her head to look at her fellow Lost as the woman was speaking to her, "Wh-what? That-uh, um...R-right. Heh-heh, n-new Queen. Nothing to worry about there for me, nope. No concerns for me at all." A poor attempt to cover up her nerves to say the least. The Beast thought that changing topics would serve her a lot better. What talk? What already: bad day, food, town, party, hobbies. New? Um...Glamour? Hedge? Other...stuff? Summer? Summer!

Now she had to broach the subject, "So, um, heh-heh. You said you into stuff? Erk, um, interested in the Summer Court, right? Heh, can't tell much, b-but I think I met someone whose in it a few times." Achieved objective, subtlety not present. It seemed a better idea then talking about the Hedge (she knew little) or sucking Glamour out of people.

S
    Savnok

Ingvar was surprised and honored. The Spring Queen went out of her way to greet him prior to the Coronation. His frozen features could not reflect how happy he was. The Elemental Colossus watched the others pledge the Oath. Apparently everyone was kneeling. May as well.

The Snowskin Giant slowly approached, " 'allo again Queen Vi-oh-let." he tried to give a pleasant smile, as much as a creature that embodied the cold could offer. The Iceman bent at the waist, lowering two large glacial blue fists attached to equally enormous limbs to support himself. His appearance was reminescent of a gorilla slowly kneeling on one leg.

He kept his his head down and recited the Pledge of the Freehold with a thick Scandinavian accent, “As the four Seasons come and go, and one ruler changes for another, as is the natural way of things, I will watch over the Freehold and shape it from..." he paused trying to figure out how to pronounce the next word, "pred....pred....ayshuns?...." It sounded right to him at least, "of the Others." His speech sounded as he had referred to the when speaking of The Gentry as the "Otters."

"In return, we ask that you shall follow the rules laid down and never bring danger our society, and in doing so, you shall find your mind stays whole and focused. Break this oath however, and you shall be banished from the land forever.” Halverston remained as motionless as a statue before the Queen of Spring.

Page 44 of 48 First ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.