Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
(1303) Coronation of Spring

Page 4 of 48 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... Last

Ciara Maskelyne

Anya nods her head softly at Lou's words; figuring the lingering handshake was a test of each other's strength; the Ogress not minding the friendly little competition. "Do not worry, I'm not the kind to start fights." Finishing them, of course, was another matter entirely...

She cocks her head to the side just a little, puzzling over one of the man's words. " "We"? Does that mean this is your season, Lou?" A tall, handsome Spring Courtier? That sounds like a dangerous combination.

Her lips purse slight at the smile, Anya trying to relax a little more as the two make small talk. "Indeed I have. The most popular person here seems to be the woman serving at the buffet." There's a hint of a chuckle, Anya shaking her head softly as she continues. "In truth, no. I have only been here a few minutes; I assume those of importance will soon make themselves known."

It wasn’t that Nova was actively avoiding the Four Seasons, but more that she knew the way she had been treated. Like people had the right to impose their will on hers. She didn’t do that to other people.

Most of her interactions remained safely outside the marked boundaries, except for those few times she had missed the marks or specifically tried to find someone to point her in the correct direction.

Wonderful thing that that was.

And it was Spring now two, Mudthaw and all that. They had told her that she should be here for the Coronation.

And Nova was spring.

This was about her desires.

She strolled into what she could only assume was the Hollow core of the Freehold. She could feel the oppression in her porcelain figure, it got into the scissors restrained in her chest. With a quick tug she let the cover up fall from her chest. Not that it would matter, since all it did was expose the lace-porcelain of her Mein...unless someone decided to use a little Glamour to stare at the chest of her Mask.

But that was their decision, and Nova didn’t impose her will on other people.

Upon a quick scan of the room she noticed the great metal man ( Rook ) and waved at him. “It took a bit but I actually did find the place.” Nova said in what she hoped was a chipper voice, but what probably wasn’t.

prettyness:4suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-03-24 20:14:05 Nova rolls 8 to Make up and other prettyness (10 Again) 8, 7, 2, 9, 6, 2, 10, 6, 8 4 successes
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

A
    Ambrose

Llewelyn gave a nod at Magnus's reply, shovelling a potato into his mouth. "Ah'm Llewelyn. I ain't seen you at any o' the Coronations, you new in town?" He asked. He considered extending a hand in hello but decided against it. Interrupting a man while he was eating seemed ruder than not offering a handshake.

S
    Savnok

The mountain of a man known as Ingvar Halverston strode into the Hotel. His attire was nothing fancy. He had his simple attire - a gray shirt and pair of blue jeans he had brought with him on his journey to Sacramento.

He brought nothing else with him - if anyone asked he would simply say he had no idea what to bring. Living in the homeless shelter was a humbling experience to say the least. The Snowskin greeted the staff with his standard "'allo. 'ow arrr yoo?" and was directed to the Throne Room.

As he walked in, out of his element as he had only been in here with his Mask hardened as part of the Masquerade Ball. The giant frost covered man looked for anyone he recognized.

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green appeared. Big. Chunky. Looming.

The mountain was not exactly paying attention to his surroundings when he made his entrance, his attention focussed on rolling up the sleeves of his checkered shirt. By the time he realised where he was he was half-way across the chamber. He visibly paused and slowly looked about him.

I
    Irina

As Vincent stepped into the beautifully arranged room set aside for the spring coronation, he gave a quick and cursory look around from his place by the door. A quick tug of his leather gloves ensured that they were firmly secure on his hands, and just for good measure he ran a finger along the collar of his pristine white shirt. As a concession to what he thought was classed as "fashionable" or "the done thing", the top two buttons had even been popped open. The Wizened was fully aware that no one else was likely to notice, but he had still had a quick check in the mirror before coming out to ensure he was definitely presentable.

He dressed in nothing showy besides that; his mask at the previous ball had been glitzy enough to last Vincent a few months at least. He wore a black suit, and his black shoes carefully cleaned and buffed.

As he stepped inside he slipped a map into the pocket of his duffel coat which, for once, was already folded over an arm. He felt almost naked not wearing it, but keeping it off was a step in the right direction. It was less a coat than a shield that made sense only to him. The gloves though... they would remain on for a little longer.

He wasn't seeking out anyone in particular to speak to but, spotting Leah Spencer he stepped in her direction. He vaguely remembered her from his arrival a few months prior. Vincent paused a couple of steps away and raised a single hand in greeting. "Hello? You might not ahh... you might not remember me. We sort of met very briefly on ahh, on our arrival in Sacramento."

"Well, if you desire to become a chef, then I say you do just that Mary!" said the Spring Ogress in response, offering the Muse an encouraging smile. "I could certainly teach you some of the basics to start out." As Perry complimented her cooking, Mrs. Rosemary let out a soft chuckle as she glanced over at the Verdant Advocate. "I don't know about writing your ticket in the world, but you can certainly make a lot of people happy through your cooking."

And just at that moment, Juno happened to approach them, which brought another smile to the Gristlegrinder's lips. "Juno! Good to see you," she said to the Manticoress in a cheerful tone. "Well, I certainly make sure there's enough and something for everyone." And that much was true, since the food never seemed to run out at these events, and the buffets always contained a variety of dishes to satiate a variety of tastes and dietary restrictions.

Juno, Mary and Perry continue here by the buffet with Rosemary!

Perry diCarto

"You should, Mary Lee! How much fun would it be to learn to cook, right!?" So much fun! Perry winked at Mrs. Rosemary playfully as he took a bite. Chewing and savoring each masticatory motion, his eyes scanned the room and caught sight of Nova strolling in. As she approached Rook with her porcelain out, he smirked slightly, leaning in to the others.

Springs, gossiping? No, never!

In a quiet tone, Perry said to the others, "I should mention, we have a new Courtier in town," with a little nod of the head toward the doll. "Astra Kris is her name. What... daring fashion. She should meet Violet." The Shadowsoul chuckled.

S
    Shin Wei

Whatever training had given Shin such excellent manners didn't seem to extend to 'table manners', for the foo dog was in the middle of shovelling food into his face when Anya paused to greet him. He looked up, gravy dribbling down his tusks and onto his chin, and then fumbled for a napkin with which to wipe his face. Had he not been hunched over his plate like he expected someone to steal it from him, it was entirely likely that his suit would have been equally splattered with food. Once he was a little cleaner, he looked up again and tucked the sodden napkin beside his plate.

"Ahh. Good evening, Miss Wyrmblood, Mist- ah, err, Honorable Rook." He said, fumbling over Rook's honorific. He knew Rook didn't like being called 'Mister', so he was now trying out new titles of respect because his own training wouldn't let him address the Metal Tower by first name alone. "I hope you both are having a pleasant eveni--!"

His eyes had wandered from Anya to the woman who was approaching behind them, and as he saw Nova, his eyes went wide. He stared and stared as she approached Rook, but it was not a leering stare. Quite the contrary - he looked utterly shocked and horrified, as if someone had just thrown a bag of dead rats into his lap. (Actually, that would have bothered him less...)

Nudity in the Court? It... It just wasn't done. It didn't matter that the Manikin's chest was as smooth as a Barbie's, she still wasn't wearing a shirt in the presence of the Monarchs! If this had been his Master's court...

The glass that he'd been clutching protectively now exploded in his grip, showering the table with juice and shards of glass. He looked at it blankly, then yelped and leapt to his feet to save his rented suit from getting soaked. Growling under his breath, he threw the napkin atop the spilled juice and began sweeping up glass shards with his bare hands, thankfully more concerned at the moment with cleaning up the mess that he'd made than with chastising the Manikin for her breach of etiquette.

Spring. He thought angrily. Disgusting.

Page 4 of 48 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.