Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Meeting at City Plaza Park ((ATTN:Simon/Open))

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Rosyn Autumnfire walked amongst the straggly park trees, following the paths that lead her around the park grounds. She had arrived earlier than the meeting was scheduled for and pasted the time by taking in the greenery of the park in contrast to the buildings looming on the edges.

People in the park jogged by her on their daily exercise run or strolled by on their way to who knew where all oblivious of the changeling's eerie inner fire and wooden skin.

At about 11am she stopped at the center of the park and stood perfectly still by the side of the fountain letting the dry, hot, air rustle her fire touched leaves.

A couple walking though the park noted an oddly forlorn woman with a slender form, pale skin, and fire red hair staring blankly at the splashing water as they passed the fountain at about twenty past the hour. Moments later Rosyn checked the little silver watch on her wrist and smiled, soon. Her fires flickered timidly, content to wait with her.

City Plaza Park

Rosyn's Mask

Rosyn notices a tall, slender man enter the park from the south. He's dressed his thin form in dark tones, and as he nears she notices his pale skin, almost shimmering in the late morning sunlight, and his long stark white hair. He carries himself gracefully, and he walks directly toward her. His dark eyes move over her smoldering form, and he smiles thinly. A cool breeze blows through the park, swirling around the two Ashen Courtiers, carrying with it red and gold leaves that are still just a little early in appearance, considering that Autumn is only nine days away.

"Autumn is coming. It's about time." The Wizened smiles, looking up at the trees as the wind blows through the branches. He looks back at the Elemental "Are you Rosyn?" he asks

Autumnfire turns to greet him with grace shared by the trees dancing in the breeze. "I am," her hollow eyes regard him and the flame within them twinkles at him like a sleepy candle light. "Its good to see the leaves turning again. I'm glad you came." The leaves that linger on her own branches are much drier than the early fallen leaves in the park, more like the leaves in late autumn as if the distant winter chill had already touched them somehow.

Simon reaches into his pocket and takes from it the letter that he'd received. He holds it out "I received this letter. You claim to believe that we share a 'common aspect of our past?'" Simon looks at her curiously

Autumnfire scans him for a moment, leaving him to ponder his own question in silence, trying to discern if the changeling before her could have possibly served in the same wars as herself. Then, coming to the conclusion that the Wizened's light form looked swift and agile, she spoke, "I have spoke to our brethren with the Ashen Court and learned that you were once held by the same Lord as me." Her eyes never leave him but now her fire seems to stir nervously as she speaks of their Keeper, "his green eyes haunt me at night accompanied with dreams of my escape. I repeatedly see the image of others escaping around me, shadows running through the brier. I felt if I could find them a union would make us strong against the Fae tricks." Her voice is low, conspiratorial in a way, "I have heard that you are skilled fighter."

Simon's eyes harden as Autumnfire mentions their keeper. Her description of his green eyes was especially discomforting to him. He seems to glance around the park, as if he might spring out of a tree and bear them both away back to Faerie.

"Why would bring up the Tiger Lord? And why do you want to know about my fighting skills?"

He begins to seem suspicious of the Changeling in front of him. Was she a loyalist, maybe? What was her angle?

O
    Orchomenos

Cathie liked parks. There, she could observe humans, and stay in the security of the nature. She found a quiet place under a large tree, near the pound, and started throwing bread croutons to some pigeons. She heard frogs in the pound, and saw a squirrel climbing a tree. In the Hedge, the frog would be flying, the squirrel swimming and the pigeons climbing the trees.

Looking around, she saw a mother with her toddler at the swing; she took a deep breath to not lick her lips. Near the fontain, a couple was chatting. And farther, a woman was jogging on the footpath. But wait... this couple near the fontain looked pretty odd. The woman's hair looked like autumn leaves, while the man had long, white hair... Could they be... changelings?

Cathie decided to stay under her tree. If they were to see her, so be it. Or if the Wyrd decided to leave her in peace, just the better.

Autumfire's flame roars up and crackles angrily. It obvious that something within her resented Simon's suspicion and why shouldn't she? They held equal standing amongst the Ashen Court, their mantles equally strong, "I have told you my reasons." Her hollow eyes narrow at him as she begins to feel as though she wasted her time. If he was so concerned why did he answer he letter? She turned away from him and faced Cathie but didn't seem to notice her. Cathie can see the flicker of the bright fire in Rosyn's eyes across the distance.

O
    Orchomenos

Cathie sees woman's hair burn more intensely. An equal intensity can be seen in her eyes, even from that distance. "Oh my! What a fire! She's really angry!" And she seems to be angry at him.

She drops the paper bag and spills the croutosn under the surprise. The pigeons seem annoyed, but they must know they just have to wait for her to leave to search the grass for the yummy croutons.

"Perhaps not the better time to make new friends..." Cathie decides to stay and observe, while the pigeons observe her.

The dark look passed from Simon's face, though he still looks a bit apprehensive. "Yes, I suppose you did. Forgive me, but I don't like discussing my durance and its master. I am, however, glad to have found a kindred spirit."

"My combat skills are... sufficient. I prize my painting abilities greater, though. Are you a warrior?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread