Ended
Watch

Avalon - Looking for Others

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

[OOC: This hopefully offers a nice chance for a new arrival, Gregor (played by Nergal), to meet with Nossie's, Crone's or just anyone else! @Dark Passenger @Bradley Doyle @moreau @panik ]

In the cellar vault beneath the Avalon nightclub, far away from the press of dancing Mortals, the lights are low.

Down in the cellar vault of the Avalon, away from the sweaty press of people and the nightclubs' bright lights it is much, much quieter.

A calm atmosphere prevails.

Recessed lamps cast a soft glow and the bright and rich scent of freshly made lemonade and squeezed lemons fills the air.

The place, though neat and clean, may well appear deserted. There was no obvious swift or violent evacuation.

Anyone descending The Stairs or via the Elevator will see amongst the crypt like atmosphere a simple coffee table near a couch and set of high backed chairs. On the low lying and stylish table are printed out copies of maps of Sacramento and copies of many US newspapers and academic periodicals.

There is also the gentle sound of a piano playing in the air. It sounds like Chopin.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

N
    Nergal

To Gregors best knowledge this club was the best place to meet local kindred. And getting to know new kindred, preferably one at a time, was a good idea, if he wanted to stay here for longer than a couple of weeks.
    To be alone in a society of predators is not what you would like to be. Loners, especially unknown, and having nowhere to go, could easily be depowered by the monsters of vampire politicking and backstabbing.

The club, at least its lower floor, had a nice atmosphere to it, and mage Gregor calmer. The sound of the piano was a nice change for the beat upstairs. In fact, Kreutz would prefer another composer, maybe Joseph Haydn, but Chopin was all right too.

Gregor had chosen a very careful strategy. He occupied a table, enjoying the music, and hoping someone’s curiosity would prevail, and that somebody would come and start a conversation with an obviously new addition to the Dance Macabre of the city.

m
    moreau

the elevator's doors slid open,and Dr Drake walked out, he made for one of the chairs, picking up one of the periodicals and flicked it open as he sat down in a serene way, feeling the chaos ebb from his head as the air of the vault, similar enough to the gentleman's clubs he frequented back in london that the tang of institution lay about it. Looking over the paper he caught sight of an umfamiliar haunt, piquing his interest. "New, are you?" he said casually

N
    Nergal

“Guten Abend. Yes, I arrived to your domain recently, and find it more, than a kindred could hope to wish for” answered Gregor, “But where are my manners? My name is Gregor Kreutz.”
    Before introducing himself, Gregor stood up, and offered his hand for a handshake.
    The German studied his new acquaintance, trying to determine his covenant affiliation.
    “You know, it’s a good practice to get to know kindred you are going to live with in one domain. At least the important ones.” Gregor smiled.

m
    moreau

"Indeed, but some advice, get known before you try anything, social climbers temd to get stepped on if they're not careful." Dr Drake got up to shake his hand. he sat back down and reached into a pocket and pulled out a battered hip flask, taking a sipa and feeling the slow warmth of the whiskey contrast nicely with the ice that flowed through his veins. "Oh, how rude of me, drink?" he proffered the flask, and all the while he took the new face apart with his eyes, memorising the face and studying his words, trying to get a grip with the mind beneath.

OOC: when you write speech or what the character is thinking, highlight it with a colour, don't worry, we all make mistakes at first

N
    Nergal

Gregor arced his brow quizzically, and then answered in his best imitation of Dracula voice, from the movies: “I do not drink… blood.” After the joke was made, Kreutz continued more seriously: “I find it quite unpleasant, when time comes to… return food or drink. So I prefer to abstain.”
    The new acquaintance turned out to be a bit strange. Not every day you see a kindred, that drinks for causes other than maintaining The Masquerade. Plus, no one knows what was in the flask. There could be a possibility the contents of the flask had a drop of its master’s blood. Maybe, he was a type of kindred that enjoyed enthralling the unwary to torment them.
    “Could you be so kind to answer a couple of questions about the domain? I’m quite interested, how the requiem is treating Nosferatu, and what is the status of the Circle?”
    Maybe there was a subtler way to ask this questions, but it was eluding Gregor at the moment, and he decided to go all out.

m
    moreau

taking back the flask, he wondered about how new this one was, really what was he expecting outside of a nosferatu domain?
    so, paranoid and as subtle as a brick to the face, well it could be worse...
    "very well, straight to the meat I see. well as to us, well standard to what you'd expect really, polite disdain ranging to avoidance, but what did you really hope had changed from everywhere south of canada. As to your second question, there are better people than me to ask, I look for my answers within rather than without, if you know what I mean. I'm sorry if I havn't introduced myself properly, I'm Dr Anthony Drake, make of that what you will.
    He leaned back and reapraised his the other, An acotyle he thought, this should be interesting.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

As someone else comes walking down the stairs, soft footsteps are heard. As soon as he appears, the man apparently emits no Beast.

Though this man, Priscus and Hierophant, waits a moment to keep his Beast under control. On the outside he's friendly looking, though on the inside, there's a new arrival and the urge to attack is always there...
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

N
    Nergal

Gregor was a bit surprised, that the first kindred he happened to talk to here was of one clan with him. But the German tried not to show his surprise. It looks like he was in luck.
    “So you don’t want to discuss politics – I understand, and will not force you. One more question, if you will. My heaven is not much, and I was thinking about visiting the local necropolis, if the domain haves one. Could you give me directions?”
    Gregor noticed another visitor to Elysium. The man looked young. But in case of kindred it did not mean much. It was a second person, that his Beast did not react to. This made Kreutz wonder: either most of Domain kindred were adept at Obfuscate, or this was a ghoul.

m
    moreau

Dr Drake was puzzled by the gaps in Gregor's knowlede about sacremento, especially given that if he's already established he must have a haven of some sort"again, its rather difficult for me to answer that, I know it's somewhere in the sewers but I'm afraid that in my particular case I prefer to stay in the world above, but I'm sure someone can point you in the right direction." Looking up at the new arival, something in the bearing of him made him restrain from piping up again and he lounged back in the chair, enjoying the break from maintaining his facade at the hospital.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread