Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
1303 Moros Meeting

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Bell turned to look at Gallows who had approached, she gave him a bright smile before reaching into a back pocket of her short shorts and pulling out a few dumdums and offering one to the Ladder.

She popped another one into her mouth with the paper still on and as he was talking pulled the paper off with her tongue.
    This is a generic account for moderating the Mage game/forums. It cannot receive messages and inquiries should be posted on your character sheet or messaged to the specific Mage ST(s).

PRE

A lesser man than Gallows might have found it a little distracting to see a girl like Bell removing a lollipop wrapper with her tongue. Fortunately, Gallows was made of sterner stuff--or, at least, stern enough stuff to maintain eye contact.

"Thanks," he said, taking the dumdum but not unwrapping it yet. "I'm sorry, but I don't think I got your name?"

As the others spoke to the ghost, Gallows kept an eye on it. He wasn't sure what this specter's deal was, but he was assuming if Toren had chosen him, there was something of significance to be learned.

A
    AethrDav

Taking a moment to take it all in, Aegis returns Hachiman's greeting, and stands with Alfredo as Toren begins welcoming the gathering. To Dirk Gently, he extended his hand. "Nice to meet you Dirk." Aegis, his apprehension about the ghost easing as more of his fellow Necromancer's gathered, was trying to take it all in.

"Of course, Toren I'd be happy to chat when we get a chance." The Arrow hoped all was well, and was genuinely happy that Toren suggested a conversation. Aegis was hoping to find a contact who might be able to help him get his hand on a rote or two, and Toren seemed well connected, and could be a good ally to have. All that was quite aside from the fact that Aegis thought the man was smart, and he had the feeling they had some overlapping interests.

Looking around, Aegis' didn't realize how many among the Consilium walked the Path of Doom. He found his horizons broadening quite a bit, since returning from San Francisco. He definitely needed to get better familiarized and acquainted with his new home.

"Should I find a seat? Will we run a true service for Mr. Guzman?" He tried to not be obvious in his refusal to look directly in the spectre's direction.

T
    The Dalek

After shaking hands with both Mr. Rossi and Aegis Dirk folds his arms and smiles as he takes in the gathering. Ghost's, beautiful women and Doctors, they certainly knew how to make a meeting entertaining in this city. Still despite his good mood part of him was begining to worry, this many mages out in the open was a risk. Though even the fear of vulgar magic could not dampen his mood as he looked upon all the new faces.

He turns back to Toren "Hopefully we will be able to speak again soon but for now I'll sit down and let you start this meeting." He nods Toren, Mr. Rossi, and Aegis before taking a seat and looking over the ghost. More then a little interested in seeing what is planned for today.

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

Toren excused himself from his current conversations and headed to the front of the assembly on the lawn. He got behind a simple wooden podium standing there, the grave to his right and faced the aisles of white chairs.

"Alright, everybody, when you get the chance please take your seats. Yes, we will be holding a service for Mr. Guzman, but we'll be addressing Path business first. Starting with introductions. I see some of you have already started that process." Toren smiled, waiting patiently as conversations were set aside and people took their seats.

"First, I'd like to say welcome all of you and thank you for coming. Though I am not the senior member of our Path's representatives I thought it would be nice to maintain Path traditions and stay connected in something as simple as a gathering. That being said, it's important to note that Gallows here is our senior Moros Member, so I'll be asking that he say a few words later. Sorry to put you on the spot there." Toren chuckles lightly, holding his hand out to indicate the dark-skinned man.

"However, before we continue, I'd like to ask that any member with experience in Forces, would they be so kind to erect a sound barrier as an extra precaution? While they do that I'll be erecting a Spatial Ward as well. I don't expect many secrets to be shared today, but no sense taking unnecessary risks."

He awaits a volunteer to be announced before he himself envisions the Imago of Space, chanting in the High Speech as he does so. It bubbles up and encases the immediate area in a disrupting field extending around them on all sides.
      Casts Ward, 4suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-03-19 14:48:49 Toren rolls 8 to cast Ward at 16-yard radius [Res+Occ+Space+HS-4(16yd)] (10 Again) 7, 9, 1, 9, 1, 10, 8, 6, 2 4 successes
    Oblations: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    [Moros Meeting] Active Spells: Ward, Speak With The Dead, Grim Sight | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 9/9 | Def: 2
    [Library Galleria] Active Spells: Supernal Vision, Unseen Aegis | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 7/7 | Def: 2

Bell looks at the dark skinned Ladder with a smile and a stick. Then she makes a few quick movements with her hands, then just rings the small bell on the choker around her throat.

Out of the corner of her ear she hears Toren ask for Forces-Moros, and notices that Volos was trying to catch her eye. She just shook her head in response.

Her name is Bell.” Volos said quickly, as he stepped into his requested roll.
    This is a generic account for moderating the Mage game/forums. It cannot receive messages and inquiries should be posted on your character sheet or messaged to the specific Mage ST(s).

PRE

Gallows raised an eyebrow, looking from Bell to Volos. Was the girl a mute? That was interesting. "Nice to meet you then, Bell," Gallows said with a small bow and a tip of his top hat. He turned to Volos and extended his hand. "I don't think we've met either. I'm Gallows--do you introduce yourself as well?" he asked with a gentle smile, "Or do you introduce each other?"

As Toren spoke, Gallows raised an eyebrow, but smiled. He was fine with public speaking, even when put on the spot like this. Mostly, he was happy that Toren had recognized him--it gave him a sort of legitimacy that would have been hard to get on his own.

A
    AethrDav

Aegis, taking Toren's direction, found himself a seat. He didn't sit right up front, but didn't want to be too...explicit in his unease with Mr. Guzman. So he found a seat in the second row, towards the outside, that provided a view, without putting him especially close to the ghost.

He did, though, force himself to look at it, and really take it in.

T
    The Dalek

For a few moments Dirk studied Mr. Guzman, curious about what was so special about him to require this many Moros. Then again maybe they thought it would be a waste to assemble this many Necromancers and not help a ghost... It was too early for Dirk to make any assumptions about the locals yet though so for now he just leaned back and waited for this meeting to begin.

His passive 'Wait and see' approach was interrupted though when he heard Toren speak. He can't help but glance over at Gallows as Toren mentions him, taking a mental note that he is senior Moros in the area. Once he made a mental note of that he returned his attention back to Toren as he asked for the assistance of a moros with skill in forces. It was nice to see he was making security a top priority but sadly Dirk lacked any experiance with forces so he just adjusted his glasses and looked over the assembeled mages curious to see who would offer to help him.

L
    LoneRanger

Mr. Rossi warches the other Moros interacts with each others

-Ah Volos, I wonder how is going with his quest. And who is the lovely lady with him? Haven't I seen it in the Rage?-

He shrugs his head, a quick gesture, as to chase away these thoughts. The tall Moros nods kindly to Toren as he invites all to take a seat, and waits until he does his statement about Forces. After his Mysterium collegue ends casting his spell, the gaunt Moros bows slightly to him in acknoweldgement of his ability with Space, and tells him with a gentle smile:

-Alas, I cannot help with Forces. I'd be glad to confer with you at a later time. Again, thanks for the invitation.

He waits for the answer, then moves to takes a seat near Aegis, in the first row, smiling to his Arrow comrade. He mantains a decent, composed mannerism.

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread