Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

Meeting Announcement Located Here

Masonic Lawn Cemetery occupied the central portion of the City Cemetery of Sacramento. As graveyards go, it was fairly modest with standard headstones as opposed to large crypts and statues. It was also maintained by the Masons, the Grand Lodge of California, which was ironic since there were so little masonry on site. Nevertheless, Toren had picked out the location of the meeting for several reasons, some of which were obvious. It promised privacy and it represented a great deal of symbolism of the Moros Path. The reminders were all around them, the lingering shades, the dead and decaying bodies underfoot. Necromancers were in their element here, though now that he was here Toren felt the morbidity was perhaps a bit overkill.

Toren had already spoken with the funeral director, asking that their service be given some privacy on the lawn that day. The cemetery was open to the public regardless of faith or creed, and there hadn't been a priest assigned to oversee the burial. An open grave lay beyond the raised turf along its borders, cut neatly into the soil. At the bottom rested a coffin in plain walnut wood, presumably housing the deceased that was being laid to rest. The headstone was already in place, a small shoulder-width sandstone block carved with the individual's name, Josue Guzman. In addition, two rows of white plastic chairs sat a few feet from the foot of the grave for the attendees Toren expected to be arriving shortly.
    Cast at Sanctum
    Oblations: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    [Moros Meeting] Active Spells: Ward, Speak With The Dead, Grim Sight | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 9/9 | Def: 2
    [Library Galleria] Active Spells: Supernal Vision, Unseen Aegis | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 7/7 | Def: 2

PRE

To represent his Path, Gallows wore his nicest black suit. He had worn it back when he worked in a funeral home, and it had an appropriate air of somberness to it. On a whim, he added a tall top hat to his ensemble. He had bought it almost a year ago to complete a Dr. Facilier costume for the SacAnime convention, but it was still useful as an ordinary hat. He'd have to see about going to that convention again next time it came around, even if Rosetta wasn't there to drag him along...

It was hardly surprising that they were meeting in a cemetery, Gallows mused as he walked past some of the graves. It was very appropriate, if a little melodramatic. Joshua Morris had done the same thing for Gallows's first meeting back when the older Moros was Councilor--the very same meeting that Toren had become Provost, in fact. Gallows still wondered what had driven Joshua's choice, but it was too late to ask now. Wherever Morris was, Gallows hoped he was okay.

For a second, upon seeing the coffin, Gallows thought he was in the wrong place. He was about to offer his condolences and move on before he realized that it was indeed Toren standing there--apparently the Moros meetings now came complete with coffins.

"Greetings, Toren," Gallows said as he approached to shake the man's hand. "You know, I do sometimes wonder why Moros never meet in science labs, or auto shops. We really do our best to live up to the stereotypes, don't we?" He looked over at the coffin and the name. "Josue Guzman." Gallows raised an eyebrow at the unfamiliar name. "Anyone we know?"

Cast at Sanctum

A
    AethrDav

Cast at Home
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-03-12 15:54:13 Aegis rolls 6 to Grim Sight [Death+Gnosis+HS] (10 Again) 8, 8, 4, 1, 8, 10, 6 4 successes
    2013-03-12 15:53:47 Aegis rolls 6 to Speak with the Dead [Death+Gnosis+HS] (10 Again) 1, 10, 8, 6, 2, 7, 3 2 successes
    2013-03-12 15:53:17 Aegis rolls 7 to Unseen Aegis [Matter + Gnosis + HS] (10 Again) 10, 2, 6, 5, 6, 1, 10, 6, 9 3 successes
    Aegis felt a bit...discomfited as he walked up the lawn towards the appointed meeting place. He had dressed in the one suit he owned. It was nondescript, not a bargain bin rag, but not an Armani, either. It was flat black, it's color deep and dark, and beneath he wore a plain white button down with a black tie. His discomfort had nothing to do with feeling like a Mormon missionary, though, but rather the cemetery. Aegis had not fully embraced the darker, at times more morbid aspects of his Path. His prior interests as an engineer, and then fascination with the nature of Prime, had made it easy to immerse himself in Arcana that did not remind him of his own near death experience.

The Arrow wasn't in denial about his feelings toward death, Death, and the unrelenting march of entropy, and as such decided that tonight he'd look at the world through the Subtle lens of the Path of Doom. Walking through the field of headstones, like cement mushrooms growing from the decay beneath them, he forced himself to stay alert, see the world as it was through his Grim Sight, and be aware of any ghosts that might be around. He stepped up to Gallows and Toren as the thearch asked about the gentleman resting below. Not wanting to be rude, and not quite trusting his voice quite yet, he acknowledged them with a glance, but waited for an answer to the question.

T
    The Dalek

With a snap Dirk closed his pocket watch and slipped it back into his jacket pocket. He wore a rather plain black jacket and matching paints over a button up white shirt. No tie or anything else too fancy, he didn't dress up too often and the ties he had all seemed too festive for such an occasion. He couldn't help but chuckle softly to himself as he walked through the cemetary, the meeting space lacked creativity but there was something to say for embracing your sterotype and running with it. It seemed as if the local Moros might be an interesting group.

As he finally arrived at the predetermined meeting place he took in his fellow Necromancers for a moment curious to see what kind of awakened this new city would offer. "Greetings my friends" He says as he steps closer to the collcted mages.

Rolled at home
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-03-12 16:20:05 Dirk Gently rolls 5 to Speak with Dead (10 Again) 9, 2, 6, 2, 5 1 success
    2013-03-12 16:19:43 Dirk Gently rolls 5 to Grim sight (10 Again) 7, 5, 4, 9, 5 1 success

L
    LoneRanger

Mr. Rossi walks in the main pathway of the lawn with a stable, composed pace. He does not feel disturbed by the presence of the dead, or the perceived morbidity of the area. They were there, resting. In peace. Amen to that. Problems would arise if someone tried to disturb their rest.

It is a place for remembering the people who were dear. Those who went over. So he walks, immersed in his thoughts, regarding death and memento mori. Actually Death wasn't his sphere. So far.

Before arriving to the assembled willworkers, the tall Mage checks out his clothes. He wears a black suit with white shirt and a black tie, of decent quality, nothing too affluent; he purs on a pair of black gloves. Then he moves toward the congregated willworkers of the Stygian path. He nods solemny to Toren. He then greets the others with a gentle and friendly smile, nodding at Aegis.

spells cast at home

S
    Solaris

Grim Sight, failure; Speak with the Dead, 2suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-03-13 00:31:34 Hachiman rolls 7 to cast Speak with the Dead rote [Wit+Occ+Death] (10 Again) 2, 8, 2, 8, 3, 7, 7 2 successes
    2013-03-13 00:31:19 Hachiman rolls 7 to cast Grim Sight Rote [Wit + Occ + Death] (10 Again) 3, 2, 4, 6, 7, 6, 3 failure

Hachiman, too, arrived after having received his invitation from Toren regarding the gathering of Moros. He was pleased to hear from the man again, having been the first member of the Consilium here in Sacramento to make his acquaintance. He hadn't been feeling entirely well today, as he had most likely caught a cold that had been going around lately, what with the changing weather. Hachiman had difficulty holding his concentration that morning, but had welcomed the excuse to get some fresh air.

Meeting in the cemetery was already familiar enough to him, as he already frequented this location almost daily, speaking with ghosts and learning interesting history of the 'locals'. Many other Awakened Mages had already arrived. He pulled up his collar on his black, leather jacket to stay warm; wearing his white collared shirt and thin, black tie underneath. He had come from the office on his motorcycle. It had not been helping his cold driving in the chilly air, but he had always welcomed the coolness of winter. He was almost afraid to see it depart so soon already.

Hachiman walked up to Toren, as he was already familiar with his company and greeted him more casually than the last time they had seen each other, tilting his head up in a jerked motion as if to say, "Yo!"

"Nice to see you again, Mister Toren," he said with a slight stuffy nose, sniffing at the air hopelessly. "I hope you are well."

Lone_Ranger Mr. Rossi after about three seconds, Discern Composition fades from your spell list, as it's duration is Concentration.
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

Those with Speak With the Dead cast can see the floating shade of Josue Guzman, hovering patiently above the coffin and at eye level with the others. His form is vaguely like his form in life, noticeably Hispanic with some girth about his midsection.

"Gallows," marks Toren of his fellow Pathmember, "It has been some time, hasn't it. Since Joshua Morris left us." Toren offers a friendly handshake, though he'd understand if Gallows refused. They weren't much closer than acquaintances but Toren enjoyed the simple pleasantries. At Gallow's question he replied, "Well that's interesting you say that. I believe the reason that Moroi meet in morbid environments is because it allows easier communication with the dead we are known to associate with. A science lab would have hardly any specters anchored in it."

At the mention of the grave, Toren looked sadly to the ghost that hovered in Twilight beside them. "Yes, Mr. Guzman will be joining us for this meeting. It's a rather sad tale, his end. I thought it would be nice to help him resolve his issues during our proceedings," Toren explained.

When the others began to arrive Toren greeted them all with a smile. "Aegis, Mr. Rossi, Hachiman, I'm so glad you could make it." To the stranger, Dirk Gently , Toren made no exception. "Hello, sir. I don't believe I know you. Are you new to the city, or did you perhaps know, Mr. Guzman?" Toren had to be cautious about an unfamiliar guest. He could not tell if the man was Awakened or not but if indeed he was here to see Mr. Guzman it would put a large damper on the event. Toren was quite sure there was no one else expected to be in attendance that knew Mr. Guzman personally.
    Oblations: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    [Moros Meeting] Active Spells: Ward, Speak With The Dead, Grim Sight | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 9/9 | Def: 2
    [Library Galleria] Active Spells: Supernal Vision, Unseen Aegis | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 7/7 | Def: 2

T
    The Dalek

Patiently Dirk stands to the side as the others greet eachother, he understood that for now he was an outsider and didn't want to force himself into the middle of the conversation. As he waited he watched the new arrivals exchange pleasentries keeping an ear out for names and and any useful information, which due to his new arrival to city pretty much any information ws useful to him. As intriuging as this eccentric mix of Necromancers was happy turn speak with this man the Asian man had called Toren.

"I'm sorry I should of introduced myself, I am new to the city please call me Dirk." He says with a smile, trying to be as pleasent as possible with the man that seems to be in charge of this little get together "I happened to hear that there was a meeting for those of us that walk the path of lead and I thought it might be the perfect opportunity for me to introduce myself." He explains as he sticks his hand out in an offer of a hand shake.

A
    AethrDav

The form of the ghost, hanging over the coffin made a chill run up Aegis' spine. Thoughts of the IED that led to his Awakening, the images he saw along his path to the Watchtower of the Lead Coin. His mind shied from the losses that had led him there. He focused instead on the intellectual idea of helping the ghost along. It might be a very good experience for him to learn more about the Arcanum. If he wished to become a Master Powersmith, and be able to create perfected metals, he'd need to improve his mastery over Death, as much as Matter.

"Mr. Rossi," Aegis waved a greeting, finally breaking his silence. "This certainly sounds to be an enlightening evening." To Hachiman and Dirk Gently Aegis introduced himself. "I'm Aegis. Nice to meet you gentlemen."

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread