Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(WiB) Dark Territory

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

B sits in a room at the Bismarck Hotel, idly shuffling a deck of cards he had picked up at the souvenir shop. He had laid low since the incident at the Written in Water and wasn't about to step outside even to stretch his legs or get some fresh air. The assassination attempt on him was foiled by the help of his newfound benefactor, Reverb, who had also secured for him the room. B thought it best that way too, already having been responsible for the injury to Reverb's Awakened friend, Miach. The less people that were hurt, the better.

Still, it was incredibly boring having the room all to himself. He didn't know and couldn't trust any other Mages in town, not yet. He supposed he could gather Mana to start working on the Imbuements he promised Reverb, but he didn't yet have the item to work with. He was also fairly sure the hotel was owned by one of the Pentacle's Order and he didn't want to start setting off alarms or anything they might have set up. When he got the call that Reverb had been hospitalized, B was pretty worried that the deal would be off and he'd be back on the run. Luckily Reverb had made it out of the scrape, though at the cost of an eye. These Sacramento Mages seemed to have it tough.

B flipped off his fedora, tossing it on the bed as he began to flick cards at the makeshift container, practicing his aim.

At this point Reverb is out of the hospital and B has gone from staying at Reverb's Sanctum to hiding out at a room in the Bismark. Reverb will have had a chance to contact Miach, Rossi, as well as any others who have approached Reverb about the shooting he was involved in.

B
    Beej

The door to the suite clicks and then swings open. Vincent walks in dressed in a pin-stripped suit. With his scars and eye-patch, he almost looks like a Bond villian. Behind him two bell hops push carts laden with Ruth Chris boxes. "Nom Nom time." Stepping aside he fishes out his money clip and the two men uncover the trays. Caribbean lobster tail, petite fillet and shrimp, a caeser salad, a fried calamari appetizer, two slices of chocolate sin cake and a case of Peroni. In short, exactly what B had come to expect from living under Reverb's 'protection.' He hands each a twenty and ushers them out. "Shit ran late so I had to get food to go. Dig in, I'm at the point where long pig sounds like a viable option." Reverb chuckles walking back and pulls out a beer.

Miach

PRE

OOC

When Reverb had called him, and asked for a meeting at the Bismarck Hotel about the shooting in which he had been involved, Miach had been about to tell him to go and sod off. "I've been shot in the nuts, enough's enough, I want nothing to do with it anymore, thank you !" was the reply that sprang to his mind, but not to his lips. He had reluctantly agreed to meet them, at least. "I'm no frontliner, but I'll have your back, at least." he had said.

And now he was entering the Hotel wearing a casual jean jacket, ready for anything they might decide that would not involve direct danger. He still had to perfect his escaping abilities, though. Just in case, of course... In front of the door which number he'd been given, Miach paused, and breathed, then knocked firmly on it. "Hello, this is Miach." he called through it, hoping it wouldn't spook anyone.

L
    LoneRanger

Mr. Rossi appears at the hotel, striding in with the usual calm walk, and a bag. He inquires at the reception about B. Once he's directed to the room, he thanks politely the receptionist. Bringing with him a small bag, the tall Moros moves to the room.

Arriving at the corridor, he just saw Miach entering in the room; he knocked and entered. He was wearing the usual, for him, black suit, a classical, canonical black suit..
    He breathes in a deep one, prepares a friendly smile, and then proceed to know on wood of the door.

-"I am Mr. Rossi - Gents, if I do not disturb..."-

He then opens the door, greeting the trio of assembled mages with a gentle smile. and a gentle nod to Miach, Reverb and B. he gives a look around and when he sees a Peroni, he smiles pleased.

-"Peroni? Who.. Where did you find it? Anyway, I brought some wine"-

B
    Beej

"And there's the good doctor" Reverb said before taking a swig of beer and letting in Miach and then Rossi in short order. "Uh..Ralphs?" he was a little puzzled by the question. Most groceries carried that he knew of.

B stands immediately at the sound of the door opening, scrambling to the wall where he peeks carefully around the corner. When he hears the familiar voices of Reverb and his Awakened friends coming into the suite he relaxes. B walks back to the bed where he retrieves his hat, dumping the cards out on the bed and setting it on his head before joining the others in the next room.

"Hey, fellas. Whoa, is that dinner? I'm starved, man, thanks," he says, eyeing the foodstuffs. "Miach, good to see you out and about. I hope the recovery process is going well," he says with sincerity, voicing the well-wishes. B had known that Miach had gotten the worst of that Written in Water shootout, making his own wounds seem like papercuts. Though he hadn't had a chance yet to speak with the man, he felt responsible for his involvement and expressed it as sympathy.

"Man, you had me worried, Reverb, with that latest business of yours. How's the eye feeling? Does it still hurt?" continues B, addressing Reverb again, concern lacing his tone.

L
    LoneRanger

Mr. Rossi was evidently pleased by the Peroni. He nodded to Reverb with a pleased smile. On the other hand, he remembered Miach and B being hit in the WiW shootout, and Reverb's been wounded in the eye.

He was pretty sure Miach was fine and dandy, tho. He waited for the Reverb's answer to B's questions, while he opened his bag. He offered to the assembled mages a gift of a bottle of Barolo, with a friendly smile.

-"So are you ok, Miach? Please, accept this. And there is one for you, Reverb and one for you, B. I hope everything is fine. What happened with the eye, if you don't mind, Reverb?"-

B
    Beej

"Eh..it..itchy sometimes. Phantom Limb deal. Like its there but after while it goes back to nothing." He resists the urge to rub the left side of his face and instead picks up a calamari ring and eats it. "Oh, thanks." taking the bottle he puts down on the counter to the kitchenette. "The Doll Museum they mentioned on the aethernet..I was in on that. Clockwork lion almost took my face off." Vincent turns and gives Miach a nod. "Miach put me back together as much as possible."

Miach

PRE

Since it seemed they were all comparing each other's scar in a manly contest of "mine's biggger", Miach didn't wince too much. Obviously Reverb's fate had been worse than his, and the Enchanter's proficiency with Life wasn't enough to deny that particular facet of his physical shell. Not yet at least. The well-wishes of B sounded genuine, which was nice. Miach answered everyone's concern about his own else with a dismissive "Doing fine, mostly. Better day by day. Should be back in full swing in a few weeks's time, I reckon." before turning toward the one-eyed Mighty. "Not good enough, I'm sorry. But have faith, I'll see to it as soon as I can..." and he gave him an apologetic shrug, hoping to convey his sorrow.

B nodded and grabbed a calamari piece for himself, then digging through the bags for something substantial, selecting the salad and packaged dressing. He fished for silverware and then sat to eat at the suite's table.

"Guess it's best to count your blessings when shit like that happens," B says, a blanketing statement to all their problems. His own wounds had healed nicely and were just thin lines where the bullet had passed through cleanly. No vital organs like an eye or...organs. "So why the sudden gathering, Reverb?" he asked curiously before chowing down.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread