Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
THREADID

Alpha and Omega (private)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

PRE

Nieves paces back and forth in the Den's living room early in the morning. She's anxious, having gone to bed early last night after her shift at her job but having no luck falling asleep. Normally she'd pop into the Hisil for a bit, now that the Magath had been dealt with it seemed less...crazy there. But she still had pressing concerns, something that Dale had talked to her about a few months back that she had been putting off. So she was waiting for Jeremiah to wake up.

Frankly she considered herself the Omega of the team, the newbie, the talentless. She'd been bottling up a lot and how she normally dealt with that was punching things or jogging. But that wasn't helping anymore. She needed to talk to someone, a leader, a mentor. Her eyes flickered up to the clock on the wall. Was that the right time? Who knows.

Jeremiah Daniels
    Jeremiah Daniels

PRE

The front door opens and Jeremiah walks into the den. Early morning running had become a past time of his during college. Less people out which meant less having to deal with said people. Taking a deep breath of home he turns towards the sounds of pacing. Popping off his shoes he walks to the living room.

"Something wrong Nieves?" Worry is clear in his voice.

PRE

Nieves twitches and comes to a halt mid stride. "Jesús Cristo, I thought you were still sleeping," she says stiffly and with apparent surprise, putting her hands up in front of her like claws before slowly returning them to her sides. The Rahu reaches for a jacket that was draped over the sofa and walks assertively towards Jeremiah, reaching for his arm to pull them both outside, despite him having just gotten back. "Come on, I'll buy you a coffee."

The request seemed a little more like a demand, but Nieves wasn't feeling very big on manners at the moment. The Sworn seemed to have a laid back enough attitude that she felt she could be more direct with him, and she didn't want to talk to him hanging around the Den. She thought the open air and the excuse of a hot beverage would be enough to get herself to say what was on her mind.

Jeremiah Daniels
    Jeremiah Daniels

PRE

Jeremiah stills at Nieves reaction, as she moves he relaxes. Right until she grabs his arm to lead him outside. A step into her movement. "Alright." He starts to move with her and unsubtly pulls his arm out of her grasp.

"Not really my thing." Is all he says as he removes his arm.

"What's on your mind?" The Ghost Wolf forces all of his attention on the Rahu, intent on not missing anything important.

PRE

Nieves feels him pull away and stops a few paces out of the doorway. "Okay, then, tea or something. Just..." she grimaced, having trouble determining what to do. She just needed to wait until the words came to her. Forcing them out felt like they'd end up as word vomit. "Just let's not do this here. I don't want the others hearing. I'm just really stressed about some...things, and it's embarrassing. Can't we walk in the park or something? No one would be listening to us there, right?" She wanted to talk about Pack things, Forsaken things, but for some reason the Den wasn't a safe place psychologically for her.

Jeremiah Daniels
    Jeremiah Daniels

PRE

"O I meant the contact, not coffee. Coffee is amazing." Jeremiah replies with what he hopes is a calming smile. "Lets find a coffee shop and then we can head to a park." He looks at Nieves for a moment, wondering why the Den isn't a good place. Not thinking of a good reason he mentally shrugs.

"I doubt any of the People would there. Let's get some caffeine first though. Morning runs are good but caffeine is better."

PRE

"The contact?" says Nieves, looking perplexed and then looking down at his arm and then her hand. "Oh! Sorry," she says genuinely, blushing a bit. She probably wouldn't have liked it if he had grabbed her like that, so she was sincerely apologetic about it. She nods as Jeremiah accepts her offer for coffee and then walks alongside him, but with more distance, her thumbs in her pockets, the fingers tapping at her thighs now and again.

She seems lost in her thoughts, but Nieves knows she has to speak up sometime and her Alpha is probably becoming more worried about her with every minute of silence. "So, uh, how was your run?" she asks and then brings a hand up to her face, lightly smacking her forehead. "Shit. I mean, what I'm trying to say is I've been having some trouble lately. Just, sort of coping with things. And we never really talk, just us... I mean, we hang out and shit, but we don't really talk."

She takes a breath and sighs. "I get it, that I'm not all that talkative myself. It's my fault, ya know. But I'm trying to be better about stuff...like talking." She felt kind of conceited, asking the Alpha out for coffee just so she could bitch about herself. But how else was she going to learn things if she didn't ask for advice?

Jeremiah Daniels
    Jeremiah Daniels

PRE

Listening to Nieves talk, it makes sense to Jeremiah why there hadn't been much talking about things that mattered.

"I'm not that good with talking either." Jeremiah replies as way of both acknowledging to what Nieves is trying to say and to get on the same level.

"Do these troubles have to do with a divine messenger?" The Crescent asks quietly as they walk.

PRE

"Yeah..." answers Nieves, rubbing her arm. "But it's more than that. It's about how it happened in the first place. It's about why we're still dealing with it," she goes on, caught between trying to pick the right words or settling on whichever words happen to fall out of her mouth. If she went back to being silent she might never get them out.

"Like me. I get I'm not...so-phis-tica-ted," she motions her fingers in quotations before returning her thumbs to her pockets, "but I'm starting to straighten out. Like things have been making more sense to me since I came here. But..." she trails off for a pause. "There's still lots of things that don't make sense. Like what I did wrong that caused that...car accident. Stuff like that, that slips by me."

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

The Alpha lets out a slow breath as he works to make an answer that makes sense. "We are still dealing with the judgement because I thought that if we each worked towards what we had failed at we would overcome."

"That does not seem to be working though, which it my fault."

"The car... we pretty much invaded a dog's turf and then tried to make it back down. With an added side of we now probably look like thugs over there."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last