Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
(On The Trail) First Steps II

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

Martha Villiers

PRE

Chase's glances can see no obvious motion sensors.

Meanwhile, the exploring trio nod in agreement with their new leader. Ninja smiles and the others seem grimly determined. Boss and Martian scoop up the things they need to hide and take with them, Ninja is already heading to test a door to the nearest room...

OOC: If Chase wants to hide in anyway, he can, of course, make a suitable Wits+Stealth test
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Chase Ankers
    Chase Ankers

Presence ••• (charming)
    Striking Looks •• (handsome)
    Blood Potency •
    -Blush Active in Social Scenes-

PRE

Stay quiet and out of sight, fail
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-04-06 00:24:46 Chase rolls 1 to does his best to stay out of site [Wits-1(untrained)] (10 Again) 6 failure
    There was a chance they could all hide and remain undiscovered as the guard passes by. But Chase wasn't having much luck with being sneaky tonight.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Date Action Roll Result
    2013-04-10 23:54:24 guard rolls 4 to spotting stuff? (10 Again) 2, 6, 9, 1 1 success

He's cautious...uncertain. Tony the Guard approaches the corridor. Unsure if he's about to encounter one or more of the ghosts said to haunt this place...or a fierce intruder.

Well, he knows what to do. He gets his flashlight from his belt and approaches the corridor.

Hearing something odd, Tony's making his way towards the door Chase has taken refuge behind. He tries the handle to the door and begins to push it open...bringing the beam of his flashlight to readiness to investigate the room...

"H...hello?" he asks in a quivering, uncertain, tone to the darkness and what he thinks he sees at the corner of his eye.

Meanwhile, Tunnel Ninja and his pals are keeping successfully out of sight.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Martha Villiers

PRE

A gentle prod to Chase Ankers

The door creaks open fully. The guard steps in and begins to cast the flashlight about...unsure of what to look for...but secretly certain it's one of the several ghosts he's heard so much about...

In a few seconds there's a fair chance he'll shine his lamp light over Chase's 'not very good' hiding spot...

Chase Ankers
    Chase Ankers

Presence ••• (charming)
    Blood Potency •

PRE

Apologies for the delay! Overlooked this one!

Chase sighs inwardly, watching the beam of light sweep closer towards him. There was no way he could avoid being spotted now. Think, Chase, think. How are you going to get out of this? But wait, I'm a Vampire of Clan Ventrue, am I not? We do not skulk and hide in shadow. We command Kine and twist their minds to our will. It was a nice thought, but could he pull it off with the other spelunkers so close at hand?

Chase emerged from his hiding place into the room's center, making himself clearly visible, "Hello, friend," he says with a friendly smile, as if nothing was at all odd about his being there. I just need you to gaze into my eyes, Kine Museum Guardian. Then I shall play you like a mandolin.

"You startled me. I hoped to be in and out real quick but I had trouble finding the light switch. I'm Reid Barton, the Curator's assistant. She sent me to pick up some things she left here earlier," he explained quickly, borrowing from his alias. Just make it convincing enough for him to lower his guard... Chase attempts to meet the eyes of the timid guard.
      Lying, 1sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-04-18 16:09:56 Chase Ankers rolls 5 to lie to the guard [MAN+Sub] (10 Again) 6, 7, 6, 7, 9 1 success

Martha Villiers

PRE

The guard casts his trembling flashlight on Chase. Doubtless momentarily blinding him with its beam. However, the lie catches the inexperienced guard off...well...guard.

"Er..." he stammers while his brain tries to catch up with events. He is most certainly looking at Chase.

If Chase is to act, his instinct tells him this is the moment to do so...

Chase Ankers
    Chase Ankers

Presence ••• (charming)
    Blood Potency •

PRE

Locking eyes with the Kine, Chase attempts to lull him into a hypnotic state. "There is nothing to worry about. You will go downstairs, make yourself comfortable, and wait for me there for five minutes," orders Chase, with complete concentration. He might have simply ordered the guard to go home for the night, but that might've seemed strange if his fellow explorers could hear. It was likely still strange that the guard would believe Chase so easily, but that was more explainable at least. "Shouldn't take much longer than that to find what the Curator needs," Chase adds for context.
      Mesmerize, 2suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-04-22 00:14:53 Chase rolls 9 to mesmerize the guard [INT+Exp+Dom] (10 Again) 1, 5, 7, 9, 10, 3, 7, 5, 1, 2 2 successes

Martha Villiers

PRE

His eyes locked; his mind mezmerised. He can only nod in agreement. The context makes it all seem so sensible. He smiles and nods again before obediently returning to his station downstairs.

Whistling an uncertain tune to himself, he's soon lost from sight as he descends back to the foyer.

Chase's fellow explorers breathe a sigh of genuine relief. Tunnel Ninja looks to Martian and, to judge by his wide eyes, he's very impressed. The Boss nods to his allies too.

Chase Ankers
    Chase Ankers

Presence ••• (charming)
    Blood Potency •

PRE

Chase looks back at the men as they emerge from their hiding places. Their looks of approval were met with mutual relief by Chase. Fortunately the spelunkers did not suspect anything regarding his true nature from the encounter. He whispers to them, "Alright, that excuse won't buy us much time. Take what you've gathered and head back out the window. We'll meet up again soon using the forums to decide a place and time to do further investigation. I'll keep the guard busy, since he seems gullible enough. Then I'll just walk out the front door." He smiles reassuringly, as if in a private joke with them.

Martha Villiers

PRE

They all look truly relieved.

It was a close call and they know it. Yet somehow you swung an escape for them! With a collective nod and the obvious sense of a newly forged and genuine bond with Chase, the trio smile. They hurridely odey and are soon silently beginning to pack up. Careful to make sure nothing is left behind or too out of place. They've soon made their way out of the Mansion.

As Tunnel Ninja, the last of the trio to escape, begins to slip with cat-like effort out of the window, he pauses and offers Chase a smile and swift thumbs up gesture.

...and with that, I think Chase can call it an evening well spent! He will have no trouble in convincing the guard of any story he wishes. Nor will he have any trouble in making a light snack of said sentry should the desire take him. The guard is sufficently subduable to make such a thing possible.

Thanks for joining in with the thread, Vass'. I hope we can pick up with the trio soon.

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread