Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1303) Asa and Ciara

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty)
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

Asa's eyebrow raised slightly as he took in Ciara Maskelyne 's dress. He hadn't seen her wear something that daring in quite some time... maybe her conversation with Twist had some of the Daeva rub off on her.

"Quite well, thank you. You look stunning -- and I hope your evening finds you as well as you appear," he answered with a smile.

He glanced around, and added, "I don't see any of the other Invictus."

The statement had the slightest hint of a question; he paused, and then leaned forward to whisper something in her ear.

As he straightened, the smile had widened slightly, as if he had just shared a joke with her. Perhaps about certain Invictus members.
    The tall Ventrue dips hear head at the compliment on her clothing. "I'm glad you like it. I thought tonight's less formal setting would be a fine time to try on something I haven't in a while. And I am doing well, though I am eager to see what the current topic of conversation among the city's population is..."

She nods her head at his observation about no other Invictus in attendance yet; though his motion to towards her was something of a surprise. As Asa whispers in her ear, Ciara has to repress a giggle; and is suddenly very thankful she hadn't Blushed for tonight's events. She bows her head respectfully, her smile disappearing except for the slight upturn of the corners of her mouth. "It will be as you say, Your Grace."

Thankfully, Passion's arrival provided an convenient change of topics. She looks towards the other Unconqured as he makes his way into Court, Ciara casually returning Erich's nod of the head. "There, you see? They're slowly filtering in..."
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa turned to where Ciara had nodded, feeling the foxfire of newly arrived Kindred as he saw them. His eyebrows raised slightly as he took in Allison Black -- the stark contrast of her casual dress versus Ciara's evening dress and his tuxedo.

He leaned sideways, and spoke out of the side of his mouth in an exaggerated aside.

"Well, if Miss Black's attire is any indication of the state of fashion, we are far, far overdressed. Unless it's one of those new 'convertible' outfits."

As always, Asa was comfortable talking fashion with Ciara, whereas he might not be with others -- and confident his fashion forward cousin would know what he was talking about.

He watches Erich approach Allison, and there's genuine amusement in his eyes.

"You really should join
    that conversation," Asa murmured.

"Not that I'm trying to cut our conversation short, but your presence there would probably add a little... flavor."
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

Ciara chuckles softly at Asa's appraisal of the Harpy's outfit, the tall Ventrue shaking her head a little. "Please, we are never overdressed. Some people just feel a need to under compensate." She answers with a slight smile.

"And please, don't mention those monstrosities. If I wanted to wear two outfits, I would bring two outfits; not stuff myself into an undignified venetian blind around my neck..." It seems the Priscus wasn't a fan of the latest fashion technology...

When he mentions joining the conversation between Erich and Allison, she quirks up a playful eyebrow at him. "No thank you, I think that conversation will be awkward enough without me joining it."
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa's lips compressed slightly, but the smile that threatened to break out of the corners of his mouth revealed his amusement.

He couldn't blame her, really; while it would be incredibly entertaining, it would probably set the wrong tone with Erich.

"You...,"

Asa's voice dropped to a whisper, just loud enough to carry the few feet that separated them.

"...are a no fun, stick in the mud..."

He paused, for effect.

"...Invictus."

On the the other hand, she was right. It was hard to overdress, and he knew more than a few that advocated overdressing by a degree or two as general policy.

"Those are pretty terrible outfits,"
    he added, resuming his normal conversational tone.

They're probably a pain in the ass to take off, too.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

Ciara watches as Asa has to fight off the smile, her own perking up just a little in enjoyment of almost getting a reaction out of him. When he drops his voice to a whisper, Ciara tries her best to appear reserved; as if her fellow Ventrue was speaking of serious city matters. When it is her turn to respond, she steps closer Asa; still with the best poker face she can manage.

"I..." She answers softly, reaching out to straighten the knot of his tie.

"have plenty of fun..." She does her best to match the tone and cadence of his words; even throwing in the slight pause.

"I just have it in private." Content with the little verbal sparring between them, and that his tie was now upheld to her rigid standards, Ciara takes a few steps back to a more formal distance.

As for the comment on dresses, she can only shake her head softly. "You know the Kine; anything new has to be better.

I still have daymares about the 80's. Designers wanted to put shoulder pads on EVERYTHING..."

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa resisted the urge to look downward. He was fairly sure the bow had been tied to perfection, but perhaps the movement of his head had skewed it at some point. If that were the case, he was glad for Ciara's ministrations. Crooked bow ties looked... ridiculous.

"The drugs were fabulous, though,"
    he replied.

Feeding on Kine blood laced with Ecstasy had been so much more pleasant than today's nasty surprises.

"But you're right. Shoulder pads, leg warmers, Swatches, zipper-mania... it's a blessing we don't photo well."

A thought occurred to him; with her penchant for masks, Twist might not have had to be as vigilant as others. There might actually be photos of her from that ridiculous decade.

He nodded towards Erich as he approached.

"It seems we have company."

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

Ciara has to close her eyes to keep from rolling them; the last thing she wanted to imagine was a younger Asa on cocaine. Or E...

When she opens them again, there's a playful sparkle in her eyes at the remark about about photographing well. "Oh, I don't know; I thought I made a very cute punk rocker. I miss the mohawk sometimes..." She teases.

She feels the approach of Erich's Beast even as the Prince remarks on it. She gives the slightest of nods at acknowledge his words, turning towards Erich Passions with a pleasant smile. "Good evening, Speaker Passions. I hope you are enjoying your evening thus far?"

Angel of Darkness
    M

Erich politely bows to His Grace before approaching.

"Good Evening, Your Grace, Madam Maskelyne. I try and enjoy every evening in some small way. I merely wished to inform Your Grace that I've reported our arrangement with Harpy Black."

He looks back and forth between the two as he addresses each of them. Then he pauses, "Madam Maskelyne, I'd like to speak with you at your earliest convenience." He offers a polite smile.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa tried to visualize Ciara with a mohawk. Tried really hard. He'd seen her in a variety of outfits, so he didn't doubt her, but he just couldn't. Maybe it was her current appearance, or maybe it was that his imagination wasn't up to the task. It was tempting to have an 80's Night Court just to see.

The thought faded at Erich's approach, and he added his nod.

"Good evening, Mister Passions."

He nodded again to acknowledge what Erich said, and glanced at Ciara.

"I wouldn't want to keep you from any pressing business, I'm sure we'll catch up later."

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

Ciara gives Asa a curious look. She had no idea what pressing business could exist between herself and Erich; and he wasn't usually the kind to leave her side so easily. It was almost enough to distract her from Erich's use of Madam rather than Priscus. Almost.

She bows her head as the Prince steps away, still mindful of previous arrangements between the two Ventrue. She then turns her attention back to Erich. "Well, Mister Passions, it seems I am currently free. How may I be of assistance?" She spreads her hands slightly, inviting the other Kindred to speak his mind.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread