Ended
Watch

Miller Park

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    S
    Savnok

As soon as the Herald hung up, Albert programmed the address of Miller Park into his GPS. Having solved her riddle, he recognized that she was playing game of cat and mouse with him. Aren't you a tease Martha...

Someone managed to get Sawyer to feel that rush he experienced when he was gambling. He was ecstastic. The young Ventrue impatiently waited for the satellites to line up with the GPS; when it did synch up he had to resist the urge to peel out as the police no doubt would notice such behavior. Albert cruised through the streets of Sacramento making his way to Miller Park.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Dillon was perhaps around...maybe in the shadows. Perhaps he was watchful of their perimeter.

Maybe she was alone.

However, this was becoming no usual Patrol. Things, albeit small things, seemed to be happening, but Martha had taken the time to help Albert.

From the shadows near the street entrance to the South Basin, the silo cylinders near where Martha had called earlier are close by and tower almost 220 feet above the port area.

Martha hobbled out to meet Albert.

Watchful of him..making certain he wasn't followed.

She gave him a small wave with her cane as she stepped out behind him.

As usual Martha is meekly and sweetly attired in her usual English school uniform: a felt hat in the winter style of an English school, a black blazer...a pair of scholarly spectacles are perched on the end of her nose, she wears a long gymslip shows her legs to the knee...her raven black hair is tied into long and neat twin tails. Each twin tail is tied with a neat red ribbon bow. She wears her C-Leg, a pair of white kneesocks and a pair of carefully polished black Mary Jane shoes. A crisp white blouse is obvious where the gymslip reveals it, as is her red necktie tucked neatly into her gymslip.

Looking around she grips at her cane...trying to steady her Beast as Albert's puny Beast was close now. As her Beast steadies Martha nods a happy greeting.
    "Good evening, sir!" she chirped in a gentle, playful, whisper.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

S
    Savnok

Albert was duly impressed with the Herald's stealth. "Oh hello there," he whispered in response. Seeing her soothed the frustration he had experienced only a short time earlier on the phone. He took a moment to appreciate her impeccable appearance and smiled before speaking quietly, "At first, Miss Villiers, you had me concerned. I trust all is well." He looked beyond her and surveyed the area. "I must admit, in my original intent to speak with you, I had not expected this. How can I be of assistance to you?"

Martha Villiers

PRE

"You are very kind, sir...thank you. For the moment I was simply watching a vessel. It seemed to be acting oddly...I suspect the crew may be up to no good." she offers a smile. "I think we can set up some Deputy sort of patrol to monitor it. I'm certain you'll be able to help! Though, how can I help you, sir?" Rubbing at her hip, she leans on her cane gently.

Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

S
    Savnok

He listened with undivided attention. When she mentioned suspicious activity, his eyes fixated on the vesel committing its appearance to memory. Once again, inspected the immediate area searching for possible eavesdroppers.

He knew to be cautious, despite the apparant lack of a threat, this was not the Elysian Fields and therefore he could leave nothing to chance. The Lord nodded, "Regretably at the current moment, I can not render much aid beyond driving you back to your office."

As to how the hell you wandered all the way out here eludes me...

He paused realizing opportunity was subtly presenting itself. Albert adopted a vocabulary that was expected to be heard from a police officer, "However, as per my sworn oath to ensure the safety and stability of our city, I will assist all those assigned to this task."

"As for my original business, I wanted to state my interest in joining the Safari you had planned."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha does a lot of nodding as Albert speaks. With a smile she says, "Thank you! I look forward to seeing you at the Safari too, sir! Did you have any questions about it?"

Martha seems to be leading them on a steady stroll closer, the 20 or so yards, to the perimeter of the marina now.

S
    Savnok

"I had one question, but you answered it for me." He chuckled and continued cheerfully, "I was going to ask if there was room for one more."

Albert kept pace with the Herald, keeping his gaze up and attentive. It was time to return to the task at hand, "What is it that struck you as unusual about this vessel?"

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha smiled and nodded. "Oh...it was the crew. They just seemed...odd. Furtive. For a pleasure craft...a sea-going motor launch...it's lines and hull shape probably gives it a trans-ocean ability. It's not just for coastal or riverine activity. Probably a nice steady 12 knots or so...well...they just seemed very odd. Much more furtive and alert to the shoreline than simply piloting a passage to a berth. It was a caution born of something more than wariness of navigation. And, well, you know what they say in law enforcement: if it looks wrong, it probably is." she smiled meekly and nodded towards the marina beyond the boundary fences.

Over in the shadows and the bushes there was a few rustles.

S
    Savnok

The neonate nodded in comprehension. While he didn't know much about boats, his years at the agency taught him to pay attention to details.

Upon hearing the rustling in the bushes, he flung his arm out in front of the Herald. "Hold," he hissed. Sawyer stood still listening for the source of the sound. His other hand balled up into a fist. Damn it, California why are your concealed carry laws so absurd.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha freezes as Albert hisses his warning. Wide eyed, she stayed still. Gripping her cane as she did so.

The rustling sound seems to be coming closer...but pauses too.

The source of the noise is hidden still by the foliage.

Martha was cautious and careful and began to sniff at the air...for signs of something...anything...to give a clue to the origin of any threat.

OOC - Q: What does Albert do? He can check with PER to see what he can see...for example.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.