Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 19
DISPLAYED
(1303) Hans and Chris

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

'The only time I become a blood crazed lunatic is when someone makes me really angry.' Chris laughs, not in the least offended by Hans. You get used to it. 'The base of the Circle of the Crone is, obviously, the Crone. Our Goddess, the Mother of all Kindred. Where in life you could have a biological explanation for most things, vampirism is something supernatural, mysterious. Something must have created us. The Sanctum is in so far progressive that their explanations and beliefs started roughly 1980 years ago. Naturally Kine and Kindred have existed much longer.'

'To believe in the Crone, one doesn't even have to be an Acolyte, I suppose. But if you wish to do more than simply accept who you are, if you wish to dedicate yourself to the Circle's philosophy, the Covenant has much to offer. To many, Kindred are dead, Damned creatures. In my eyes, we are immortal. We learn and grow after each setback. To outsiders some rituals seem bloody and crazy... but we are talking about something ancient here.' A smile appears, as if it were simple logic. 'Other Covenants value old Traditions, or wish we adapt to the modern society, all because we would be frozen in time and need something to survive. Those who stand closer to the Crone have a different view on that.'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Hans let out a laugh at the Hierophant's comment about becoming a blood crazed lunatic. "I think we all have times when we just want to rip somebody to shreds when we are angry." he listened to what he had to say. nodding in agreement when he brought up the sanctum and their rather strange rationalization.
    "So are you just like the ordo dracul in the fact you do not just accept your condition and try to grow beyond it? Or is it more that you see vamperism not as the cursed existence most kindred see it as?" Quite honestly, hans never got those people, yes he had found out that kindred weren't exactly the most flexible of creatures, and the blood lust, not being able to see the sun and fire turning you to ash was a mayor drawback, but having a shot at eternity ,even though your memories might not hold up that well, was a nice prospect. Not to mention he would have killed for some basic mastery of resilience when he was in the trenches.
    "Bloody and crazy? I can't say I ever saw one of your rituals, but it can't be much worse then some of the things I have seen."
    [vtr]
    Hans
    BP:1 vitae: 3/10
    Presence:2 (stern)
    disfigurement flaw: a disgusting scar stretching from his chin all the way past is mouth and to his eyebrows. It has healed quite badly, as if somebody just stitched it close and hoped for the best.

[?

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'We indeed share some thoughts and ideals with the Dragons. However, they are driven by a academic purpose to change their vampiric nature. The Circle can become more in a sense that we have the powers of the Blood, also temporary changes, but rather a manipulation of the world around us than permanent improvements of our physical body.' Chris nods again, 'And indeed, I don't see us as Damned creatures. Not seeing the Sun is a harsh condition, the greatest form of Tribulation, but I cannot do more than to accept it.'

Nothing on Earth is truly perfect. Neither are they.

'Oh indeed. If you rip people to shreds I wouldn't say Cruac is anything worse.' In most cases...
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Chris kindly awaits an answer, but his eyes gaze through Court.

It is yet early enough to start another conversation... ( Jokor ? )

"Never ripped a person to shreds personally. But seeing somebody get torn apart by the blast of an artillery shell or choke in his own dissolving lungs also drives the point home that there are worse things out there. Perhaps even worse then whatever cruac or other vampire disciplines can do to you." A noticible and subconsciousness shiver went down the german's spine.

'I'm rather glad I am a walking corpse at sometimes.' the thought shot through hans' mind. "It is, though I'm slowly starting to get over that, I haven't seen the sun in more then a century I think I have nearly forgotten what it was to actually be in sunlight without catching aflame when it touches your skin."
    [vtr]
    Hans
    disfigurement flaw: a disgusting scar stretching from his chin all the way past is mouth and to his eyebrows. It has healed quite badly, as if somebody just stitched it close and hoped for the best.

[?

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Chris simply listens attentively as the man tells of personal experiences, at least, so it seems. Dating back a while...

Yet in a century this man has never heard true information about the Crone, or seen the Circle at work. What a shame.

When he mentions their shared burden, Chris smiles sympathetically, 'Yes it is a horrible thing. I've heard of ways to avoid the fire, yet truly enjoying the beach in the summer... that's not going to happen anymore.' He chuckles and then shrugs. It is not as if being depressed about it is going to help, so he'd rather not.

'But you've fought in a true war then?'

"Twice, first time was in the trenches of verdun during the first great war. During the second I wasn't really in the army anymore since I had been embraced then. But I did my part when the allies set their feet on german soil." Hans responded. "Before you call me a nazi, I never followed that incompetent fool's ideals. I fought for my country and the domain in it. Not for whatever warped ideals he had about an aryan race." He said in a calm tone, trying to disspell any thoughts about him being pro-nazi.
    [vtr]
    Hans

[?

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'I understand Mr Osterman. It is never wise to jump to conclusions too soon.' Chris smiles. And what if. The Hierophant could hate Hans for it, yet he has no personal experiences regarding any European war. As for the ideology... there are creatures not unknown to the Kindred world that wish everyone dead.

'I guess we would all defend our Domains in case of war. Especially when every random wall breached could mean our end.' The thought alone made the Mekhet shiver.

Hans leaves, end Scene.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread