Ended
Watch

Shoot the Messenger

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 15 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... Last

Vigil
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow

Alejandra gets a vivid image of the followers, tinged with anger and panic, as the men take notice. Almost instantly he turns to bolt, keeping just enough presence of mind to avoid running in the direction of Tur. He might be the most fearsome wolf this side of the river, but that still didn't make him a match for four. Not on his own.

init 15
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-03-08 16:18:56 Matthew + 11 rolls 1 die for initiative 4

As others take up watch and questions are raised, Skaald turns his attention from the dark to the group. He couldn't seem to find anything out there anyway.

<<Digger, I can help him. It'll take time to heal the wounds of Silver, though, as Firebringer implied. While normally I would have no hesitation performing the rite here at the Tur, until we know more about what is going on I would recommend trying to move him to a more secure location first, if that is possible.>>

Having responded to the immediate question first, he glances over the others gathered as they discuss the situation in somewhat frantic terms. It reminded him how glad he was to be a part of a pack that understood how essential good organization and hierarchy was to warfare.

<<I've never heard of a first hand account of the Pure using silver weapons in battle, nor have I ever seen it. While they are just stories, they all seem to agree on that point. The Anshega do not use the bane on us. Some stories even say it burns them more than us and they can hardly even stand being in the same vicinity as the metal. I do not think this was the work of the Pure. More likely it is mortals who know too much, or possibly duguthim. It does not hurt to be prepared for anything, though.>>

Jeremiah Daniels
    Jeremiah Daniels

PRE

"Myself and Kevin know the Rite as well. We have had much use for it following flawed events in the Hisil." Jeremiah replies calmly as he takes a mental step back from the scene. The pup is being watched over and cared for. Firebringer disappeared before the Ghost Wolf even know the Hunter had gone.

"We can assist if necessary once Tur is known to be safe." The Alpha of the Sworn speaks with a subtle monotone.

R
    Ryan Deshane

"We can't move him right now. Too much shit going on. We need to know whats out there. How bad is the wound, is he bleeding out or dying? Triage it Skaald, figure out if we need to get it done right now or if it can wait." Digger forgets that Skaald wasn't a soldier in the Herd Sense. First thing they teach you in First Aid is how to triage. Assess wounds and how quickly they needed to be tended too.

Digger opens his mind and slips into his packmates.

2suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-03-09 02:54:55 Digger rolls 7 to Unspoken Communication (Int3+Soc2+Purity2) (10 Again) 6, 10, 3, 2, 7, 8, 3, 4 2 successes

Dale, spread out, but stay in line of sight, lets back up Firebringer and See whats going on out there. Digger directed. As he began moving, heading out toward the boarder. He didn't expect to see Matthew, the Hunter in Darkness was legendary, but he figured that the Retired Alpha would see him. Skaald, Stay here, keep an eye on everything and keep me in the loop.

Dale Hunt

PRE

Dale had been listening to the other Uratha talk about how to best deal with the pup's wounds. Since he had no knowledge of Rites or the field of medicine in general, the Rahu refrained from commenting at all. Besides, he was more interested in keeping an eye out and making sure those following the kid didn't take them by surprise.

When he heard his Alpha's voice in his head, Dale immediately began to move. Right on, he said in response to Digger as he walked away in a different direction from him, but not going far enough to prevent them from seeing each other. Whatever it is we are dealing with, if they are using silver, we gotta be real careful boss, he said over the mental link while his predatory eyes scanned the area around him. Get the jump on them and tear their throats out before they get to act; best way to assure we ain't getting hit...

2 suxx to continue to keep a look out
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-03-09 06:10:41 Dale Hunt rolls 9 to Perception to continue keeping a look out (10 Again) 2, 5, 3, 2, 2, 5, 9, 10, 3, 4 2 successes

Kevin Swift

PRE

Kevin nods when Jeremiah mentions his name, his ears are up and his head pointing off in a direction he heard something. His noses twitches as he sniffs the air. That's not good.

4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-03-09 14:38:36 Kevin Swift rolls 10 to Wits + Composure + Urhan (10 Again) 6, 3, 10, 3, 4, 1, 6, 2, 8, 8, 10, 4 4 successes

I
    Irina

Alejandra was already on high alert, aware of the danger of their situation; but as Matthew slipped away into the darkness, issuing the final instructions, a deeper level of seriousness came across her. She knew the wisdom behind checking the perimeter, even if she did not like that they would be split up in the process.

Whoever had attacked this man did not care about the Tur. They had attacked the man with the intent to kill, if the usage of silver was anything to go by. Alejandra was no great mind, and that made sense even to her.

She waited impatiently, circling as the injured man was spoken to.

And then her concentration was broken by the images, and the large wolf body tensed; the head jolted up sharply in the direction that Matthew had taken seconds before. <<Four men with guns, chasing Firebringer. He is leading them from the Tur,>> the Irraka growled out savagely.

Her form changed abruptly as the dark wolf shifted smoothly into that of the dire wolf.

Her natural inclination was to move immediately to assist her Beta, but if she ran now without the rest of the group at her back, they would have no way of communicating with Firebringer. The tension in her body made it clear however that her intent was to defend against the foe.

To her Beta, the response was swift and to-the-point. I am coming.

3 successes to shift to Urshul.
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-03-09 15:05:30 Alejandra rolls 8 to Stamina + Survival + PU 2 (10 Again) 8, 3, 2, 4, 10, 9, 3, 7, 1 3 successes

-1 Essence to activate Father Wolf's Speed

K
    Kazakin

In a stroke of luck, Firebringer reacts before the group can brace their rifles, and has already bolted backwards into the trees. He sees one, presumably the leader, raise a hand, making an obvious gesture to hold as he retreats. The group quickly drops out of sight behind the powerful Cahalith, running with the blessing of Father Wolf through the thicket.

Whatever their goal is, they don't seem to be interested in following him into the trees.

Initiative
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-03-10 12:23:36 Number 4 rolls 1 die for initiative 5
    2013-03-10 12:23:30 Number 3 rolls 1 die for initiative 4
    2013-03-10 12:23:22 Number Two rolls 1 die for initiative 3
    2013-03-10 12:23:15 Number One rolls 1 die for initiative 4

At the Tur, all looks peaceful, and nothing can be heard or seen by anyone present. Only Alejandra, seeing into the heart of her Beta, knows that the group is - or was - down below.

Vigil
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow

He bolts, thankful for the cover of trees as he arcs back in the direction of Tur. If none were pursuing, his immediate direction hardly mattered in that regard.

Rebreathers.

In an instant, the fading edges of panic are consumed by a creeping dread. Imagery flares across the mental link, memories from Berryessa. Pestilence spreading across the Hisil, consuming all. Forsaken and Pure alike crippled by weakness. And in the exact heart of the destruction, the poisoned Tur. The Cahalith wheels in pursuit of the men, checking the urge to dash madly into the frey. He needed to give the others time to reach them, or he'd simply be mown down on his own.

As the only long-standing Meninna remaining in the city, he had taken it upon himself to see that the Tur had remained guarded. It's little surprise then, that when he projects a map of the grounds to his pack-sister, he captures the most important terrain features with barely a thought. Overlaid on it, his own position and the hunters' path, undeflected from their goal. Between them and the park, a sharp red line. *Cut them off here. We can't let them reach the park.*

Perhaps coming from behind he'd have better luck staying unnoticed until the time was right.

4 suxx stealth
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-03-10 18:06:30 Matthew rolls 10 to Dex + Ste + sp (10 Again) 10, 7, 5, 10, 6, 7, 7, 3, 8, 9, 7, 5 4 successes

While he was never a soldier, Skaald's uncle did instill some basic medical knowledge in him. After all, even werewolves might require medical attention after a fight. Skaald sends a mental acknowledgement to his alpha and immediate moves toward the fallen Uratha. As he moves he takes advantage of his auspice moon and between one step and the next he goes from Urshal to Dalu. He kneels next to the boy and begins examining the injuries and binding the worst of them to stabilize any bleeding.

He glances up as Alejandra growls out information. He doesn't hesitate or ask how she knows -- the mental link he shares with his pack is far from a unique purview after all -- but immediately relays the information to Dale and Digger. Foestalker reports four contacts. Armed and in pursuit of Firebringer. He is leading them away from the Tur. Skaald gives her a nod of understanding. <<Go. Be careful.>>

Skaald's glance shifts to Jeremiah. <<We need to secure this place. Let the others draw them off and deal with them. I'll keep tabs on them through Digger and Dale. If either of you have medical knowledge I could use help. Otherwise I would appreciate someone or two watching my back.>>

4 suxx to diagnosis, 2 suxx to first aid, before modifiers
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-03-10 21:38:00 Skaald rolls 3 to First Aid (Dex + Medicine (10 Again) 9, 8, 7 2 successes
    2013-03-10 21:37:34 Skaald rolls 4 to diagnosis (Wits + Medicine) (10 Again) 10, 10, 2, 8, 5, 9 4 successes

Page 3 of 15 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... Last

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.