Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Capitol Museum) Meeting the Hierarch

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Miach

PRE

Even though he had done things properly, and had made an appointment with the Hierarch, Miach wasn't really sure of it. As a lot of things, he had done it on a hunch, and now he was to see it through. Standing on the marchs leading to the Capitol Museum, he was looking left and right, hoping to not be caught by surprise. The mystagogue was sweating, even in winter. It was Thursday, and it was 4:55 PM. Five minutes left.

It was two minutes after the appointed meeting time before a woman in a long bright green and yellow fade skirt stepped out from inside of the building.

Sorry, I though we would meet inside.” she said. Small flecks of face paint decorated around her eyes -- giving her a half feral look. And her blue tipped dull brown hair was braided in about six thousand braids. Her skin was darker than last November, or even the meeting prior week or so.
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Miach

PRE

Since he was to meet with the Hierarch, and visit the Capitol Museum, Miach had chosen a very straight, and rather formal suit. When Avalon joined him though, he wondered if he hadn't overdressed, and if it would be his first mistake today. He was surprised to see how tanned she was though, but refrained from commenting. If she liked UV, well...

"I am the sorry one. I was expecting you to come from outside." and he extended his hand toward her.

"Thank you for accepting to meet me, Avalon." he would have added Hierarch to her name, as was proper, if they hadn't been in a rather public place, and if he didn't suspect her to let it drop at once. Well, he'll see.

Avalon smiled as she shook the doctor’s hand.

So you had questions you wanted to ask me, do you think you can handle them inside? I got you a ticket already.” she said as she revealed the museum passes.

Miach

PRE

Miach took a few seconds to think of what he wanted to check with the leader of the Consilium. He quickly decided that he should mostly be able to talk about it even in public, or convey his meaning under covert words.

"We should be fine inside. It's warmer and dryer, for starters." and he chuckled. "Also, thank you for the ticket, I'll repay you, of course."

Avalon nodded. “That it is.” With a slight flourish and a twirl of colored skirt she pushed the door open, and in a few seconds they were passed the security.

So what did you want to talk about?” the Hierarch said before fishing out a small badge and hanging it around her neck. Her staff nowhere to be seen.

Miach

PRE

Miach wanted to think it was because he had been tricked by the colored skirt, but he had seen nothing from what Avalon had done to make her staff disappear. Impressive trick, for sure. He idly looked at the various things on display to gain some time and gather his wits, and think about how best to present his points.

"Well... what's most important to me, and to my doctor partners..." she should understand he meant the Medstars, it was rather obvious "... is that we could be of use when we are needed. But for that, we need to spread the word that people shouldn't hesitate to make contact with us. Due to your position" and he gave her the nod of respect any Hierarch would expect "we had hoped you could make sure people that could need us, do know of us. We are at our Community's service, Ma'am."

Avalon nodded then smirked.

That responsibility actually doesn’t rest on my shoulders.” She gave him an appraising glance. “If you want to provide your services, you need to inform the people yourselves, that has nothing to do with the stand that I make as mediator.

She knew the way many mages thought, and she knew more than some, but she also knew of the tendency towards complacency that some of the cabals held.

I’m sure you three -- It is three now, or are you taking another? -- have come up with names as I asked you to?

Miach

PRE

Avalon's reply wasn't really a surprise, and Miach had planned to do as much in the next few months. It had just felt proper to inform her first. "I'll see to it that the other... groups..." Cabals "will be informed, then, but I thought I'd give you a heads up."

Her next line was unforeseen, and not too pleasant. Four's departure still stung. "It is still us three..." he paused, and didn't go on at once. "We have thought about your point, yes. To be honest, it's not yet set in stone, though. We thought maybe you'd like to come and have a talk with us at our homebase, as you had expressed interest in meeting each of our groups. That was my second point, really, to extend this invitation to you." and he tried to smile at Avalon.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread