Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1302) Two in black (Harvey and L'aire)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    S
    Sasha

Gesturing to the man’s suggestion, L’aire added to the bartender. Perhaps slipping in a little Italian would help with her disguise. “Un Pinot Grigio, per favore.” Her words relayed to the man behind the counter should have been simple enough to understand in the tone to which they were implied. The Dancer could already deduce that who she was speaking to wasn’t Magnus. Unless he decided to do a little more speaking than average. Even so, she didn’t want to know who she was speaking to yet. Because this was her Court’s event and she wanted to have a little fun with this. Nodding to the two anonymous people who arrived at the bar next ( Terri Nutkins and Warren Locke ), she gave a soft grin before turning back to the one next to her.

“Grazie. I don’t normally drink wine so I never know what to order.” What the Winter said was mostly true, albeit she rarely drank to begin with. Fudging things a little never hurt on a night like tonight

Palming a gloved hand toward the helpful man beside her, L’aire “Do you enjoy events like this one?” Softly smiling while furthering the small talk. “The ballroom type atmosphere or the nature of the gala?”

Shit I hope I don’t make an ass of myself somehow. Even if she did, L’aire wondered if they’d figure her out anyway.

2suxx regarding drinking
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-10 12:36:36 Sasha Fudging Truth rolls 5 to Wits+Sub+Spec (10 Again) 6, 5, 8, 4, 9 2 successes

"Well, I am no connoisseur myself," replied the masked man, a little smirk hidden by his masque. "But I've had a glass or two of it before, so at least I know it doesn't taste like it came out of a box." With those words, he let out a soft, muffled chuckle from behind his black masque. He had a feeling that the woman was hiding something about her drinking, but there was no reason to really question her about it.

"Oh, I do," replied the Sun Banisher, turning slightly towards the woman. "I found some amusement in the intrigue and mystery of it all." He paused as he took a sip from his drink through the straw, just like he had done before the beautiful woman in black had joined him. "How about yourself? Are you a fan of these events?"

I see what you did there...
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-11 10:46:16 Harvey rolls 6 to Wits+Empathy (10 Again) 9, 7, 1, 10, 7, 1, 8 3 successes

S
    Sasha

“Box wine?” L’aire’s smirk apparent on her lips since there was no masque over her mouth. “Is that what some call house wine?” A soft laugh followed her question. Her glass had been placed on the bar by it’s server and after leaving the bills for the drink and a tip, the Dancer took it into her hand which wasn’t that out of place. She’d been to enough fine restaurants in the past that water glasses were in stems.

“Yes, entirely a fan. Definitely a little mysterious and sometimes anxious in my opinion. Those butterflies of who you could be talking too, or making a fool of yourself in front of.” Again, a gentle laugh left her chest and she took a small sip from the glass. “But still, you’re right. It is wonderfully amusing.” Hmmm who are you… nope still don’t want to know.

The Winter Fairest turned into the man beside her a little more as well. The splendor of the evening seemed to dazzle in her eyes. Her hand gestured toward the rest of the beautiful decorum. “Of course I always have this imagery of masquerade balls with many people dancing.” Or that may be a leftover memory from Arcadia. Trying to solidify her point a little more with a thoughtful grin. More importantly, trying to make sure she didn’t start talking like herself and over correcting everything she said. “It’s all decked out like a ball. Actually many events have been. But I don’t recall seeing anyone dancing.”

“Are you one for participating, or do you generally enjoy watching?” L’aire didn’t really indicate what. She also wasn’t fishing for anything which was clear in her tone. More or less, just enjoying the small talk.

"Well, its the kind of wine you buy at a supermarket," replied the man in black, a smirk forming behind his masque. "The kind you use for cooking, not drinking." With that, he let out a soft chuckle before taking another sip from his drink.

Harvey listened as the woman in black spoke of the event, clearly showing her excitement for such festivities. A Fairest? Possibly a Spring Courtier? he thought to himself, wondering if he had ever spoken to her before in other Freehold functions. "I'm glad you are enjoying it," he said in response to her words, giving her a little nod. "From what I've seen, dancing occurs every now and then. It depends on the nature of the event, and also on those attending it." The Shadowsoul paused for a moment, setting his drink down on the bar. "Are you particularly fond of dancing?" he asked, growing more curious as to who he was speaking to.

"I'm typically more of an observer at these things," he confessed to the woman, giving her a little shrug. "But I may be conned into participating for a change..."

S
    Sasha

“Ah I see.” L’aire had a very strange memory poke into her head about box wine. Remembering passing the Sacristy in the church and the box of communion wine in the back, when she was there with her mother. Quickly she brushed it out as easily as it slipped in.

L’aire kept her cool a little easier tonight. Perhaps it was the fact there was a barrier between herself and the guy she was talking to. The Fairest’s hand gestured into the air a little when asking her fondness of something that literally ran in her veins. “Oh yeah, dancing can be fun. Depends on the atmosphere I guess. And this is certainly the type.”

An apparent smirk on her lips while her brows rose behind the masque. L’aire was thrown off even more by the dapper gentleman’s comment. “Well, do you need conning or are you just hinting at offering?” The Fairest’s voice delicately asked with a smile. For being that forward was a little new to her. “I guess I should ask what participation you’re referring to as well.” L’aire chuckled softly, clearly having a good time.

Her graceful fingers spun a little in the air as she mentioned the partial topic of conversation. “Perhaps we could try that dancing thing.” Shrugging a little at her own offer. “Unless you had something more intriguing in mind.” It was apparent by her smile that she was interested in what the man in black had to say.

Hm, Summer…no. Wizened? Hell, it could be Danny Tongs . He’s been a lot more outgoing lately.

The man let out a chuckle at her words, shaking his head slightly. "I guess I don't really need much conning," he said to the woman next to him. Who would when presented with the opportunity to dance with a pretty lady? "I'm no John Travolta though," he teased, a smirk forming behind the masque he was wearing. "I wasn't born with two left feet either..."

He let out another laugh, finishing the rest of his drink and setting the glass down on the bar. "We could give that dancing thing a try," said the man in black as he got up on his feet. "I'll do my best to not step on your toes." He extended out his right hand towards her, the smirk behind his masque growing a little wider. "You will just have to keep us moving to the beat..."

S
    Sasha

The Fairest snickered a little. “I’d be shocked if they played disco here tonight.” The words disco and ball weren’t generally used together other than to describe a shiny mirrored orb that reflected lights around the dance floor. “Well, in the middle is better than nothing at all.” Dexterous fingers flexed in a sutble thankful gesture toward the Bauta masqued man. “At least you’re willing.” The Dancer’s eye winked with a beautiful blue glimmer behind the masque she wore.

Taking the mystery man’s hand she noticed he wasn’t supremely tall but about average, so that put a few guesses out of the way. L’aire still didn’t want to ask or start prodding at who he was yet. It was her Court’s time and Katrin’s invitation, that alone let her want to continue the intrigue of the evening. “Please, don’t worry about my toes. I'm sure without two left feet, they'll be perfectly fine.” Softly laughing. The line seemed the same through everyone. Always worried about her toes.

I have to keep us moving?” Smirking and her lips clearly showed it through the cut out of her mask. “What will be your part then?” Completely blithe as she followed him to the dance floor.

"My part?" asked the man in black, echoing her own question. "To follow your lead and make sure I don't make a fool out of myself." With those words, he let out a laugh as they reached the dance floor. "Shall we?" he asked, extending his other hand to her as he readied himself for the dance.

We'll handled it as a Teamwork roll, with L'aire being the leader of course...since she is in fact leading. I will roll for him after your next post, since they haven't started dancing just yet

S
    Sasha

L’aire laughed along with the man in the black masque. It clearly wasn’t Lou, he wasn’t tall enough. Then again, she’d only seen the Draconic a few times masked. Still, the voice she couldn’t place. It certainly wasn’t Perry, she’d have seen through it by now. Well, at least I think so.

“Okay, so if I’m indeed leading, is there anything you’re familiar with so it doesn’t… look that way.” A prevalent smirk on her lips and the soft wink behind the masque.

Leaning in slightly as she took up the man’s other hand slipping it behind her back to her shoulder blade. “Whatever you can move to…”

Here’s hoping I’m not a dead give away. Even so, this is still so much fun. L’aire did wish that something was different about the situation. But unless she followed Katrin’s advice, it wouldn’t happen.

ooc

As the music started playing, the man in black started to move to it. "Well, I'm a master of deceit," he said in a playful tone in response to her question. But perhaps it wasn't a joke, considering the fact that he was actually moving with ease to the waltz, clearly this not being the first time he had done something like it. "And a waltz shouldn't be all that hard to do," he added, shooting her a quick wink from behind the masque.

4 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-23 08:30:55 Harvey rolls 5 to Dex+Expression to dancing (10 Again) 8, 9, 8, 8, 7 4 successes

Per Teamwork rules, L'aire may add 4 dice to her roll

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread