Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Visiting the Butcher

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

The Butcher nods once. "Done, done, and done. One moment please." He disappears into the back of the stall.

Sounds like we're wrapping up. I'll give a couple days for any closing comments or posts and then write a conclusion to the thread....and to the story!

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar quirked an eyebrow as Anya asked for Briarwolf blood, wondering if it was some sort of delicacy he was unaware of. He had killed a couple of Briarwolves in the past, defending himself and others, but the idea to collect their blood had never crossed his mind. Hmmm, I wonder...he mused to himself, but did not finish the thought as Lou asked if they were ready to go. The Darkling gave a single nod to the tall Draconic, indicating that he was ready to make the trip back. "Yes, I just need to stop by the other stall to pick up my reward," he said, giving a little shrug. "But other than that, I am good to go."

I
    Irina

"My business is concluded, also," Anya confirmed with a stern nod. She watched intently as the Butcher disappeared into the back. Realistically it hadn't taken as long as she would have expected, and yet it felt as though they had been there for many hours. The weariness of the last half a day or so was weighing in, and the hot shower and warm bed was becoming a better option minute by minute.

At least she had the blood out of the offer. It would come to good use. And not to feed the dragon.

The Butcher re-emerges from the back a few moments later with a large mason jar full of a thick, red substance, looking for all the world like an over-sized jar of strawberry jelly -- but a bit sloshier. "There you go," he says passing it over to Anya. "It was a pleasure doing business with all of you."

With that dismissal he turns back to the chopping block where whatever project he was working on before the Lost arrived awaits. The three Lost gather together. Degnar makes a short stop by the stall down the way where the goblin grins a pointed-tooth grin and nods excitedly to him. He presents the Darkling with a rodent cage covered over with a ratty old blanket. "Here he isss. He isss a bit woozy from the proscesss, but he should be coming around sssoon. After that the cage will hardly be nescessary. After all, he has the besst heart available on the market..."

Finally with blood, horn, and frankenrat in hand, the trio make there way from the horrid market. As they leave one of the great shadow hounds sits up and stirs with interest at their loot, but the blunderboar tugs sharply on the chain and it lets them pass. In the distance a steady "thwack" "thwack" "thwack" can be heard. Just another day of business at Sal's Fleshmarket.

Wonderful conclusion to a fun story! Thank you all for your contributions!

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread