Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Private) Albert meets with Regent Heinz

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

"Take your time, Mr Sawyer. One of the first things I learned as a Kindred was the ability it gave me to slow down and focus on things. And no specific requirements. Feel free to take the topic and address it was you will." Max spreads his hands, indicating that he was interested to see where Albert's research takes him.

"Are there any questions you have of me, Mr Sawyer, or the assignment I've given you?"

S
    Savnok

That damned last question. Never fails to come up.

This was an interview and he knew well enough that it could make or break a deal. "I do, Regent Heinz. In addition to comfort with risky endeveurs, what other traits and skills does the Ordo Dracul value?"

Better to know now than to curse the still tongue.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

Max pauses for a moment to consider Albert's question. He wanted to give the man a fair answer; but the true was he wasn't sure he could. After a few seconds of silence, Max tries to explain as best he can.

"I'm afraid there is no single mold that a successful member of the Order fits into. I think one of our strengths is the diversity of ways one can go about their studies. Alchemy, mysticism, physical perfection; I've seen may ways attempted to advance the knowledge of the Order.

If there are any common characteristics, I would say interest in the occult, obviously. A good grasp of the academic foundations is important, but one does not require a master's degree to be successful. More than anything I would say it requires patience, a good understanding of one's self, and the ability to distinguish between acceptable risks and foolish ones. Our research requires calculated gambles; the trick is knowing how far one can safely push the odds without losing themselves."

S
    Savnok

Albert was intrigued, Alchemy? Could those fairy tales of turning lead into gold be true? If vampires exist, surely that could prove true as well. The mention of physical perfection was something he had no thought of. Interesting...how does one improve physically when muscles have function as intended?

The occult was a no-brainer. Patience, that would be a challenge. He nodded to signify comprehension of the Regent's point. "That covers all of my questions Regent Heinz." At least for the time being.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

Max returns the nod, offering a hand out to Albert. "Very well, Mr Sawyer. I'm eager to see what you create to present to the Order."

S
    Savnok

Albert shakes Max's hand. After exchanging their good-byes, Albert leaves Avalon to go to his Haven.

End of Scene

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.