Ended
Watch

(Private) A Meeting of the Minds

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    S
    Savnok

"Of course!" Albert replied excitedly, "I know you're from a much different background than myself, however, I can help you with what to expect."

"Lesson number one. Adhere to this maxim and you'll do fine. "Always add value." If you don't add value to the greater whole then you'll be flushed out."

He leaned forward, "Second, most of our communication comes from body language. What you'll want to do is to lean forward when the Grand Wyrm speaks. It shows you're interested in what he's saying." He reclined back, distancing himself, "This shows, "I don't like the situation and I'm avoiding you." Obviously don't do that."

The neonate returned to his original position, "Chances are he's going to ask you the usual and frustrating, "Why do you want to work here?" Just change that to "why do you want to join the Ordo Dracul." This one you'll have to practice. Remember our talk with Brother Raluca? I can gurantee you the Monk spoke to Heinz. If you diverge from that original pitch you'll be screwed, plain and simple. Build off of that point, start with how you wish to become a better Kindred. Then work in your personal skills. What has the battle field taught you?" Sawyer gave a mischiveous grin, "Answer - peace through superior firepower." He chuckled at his own humor knowing the German's pragmatism. "But yes, problem solving. You know how to assess a situation and take the most advantagous approach."

The Ventrue stared at his cousin thinking as to what else he could do to help his cousin prepare, "You're clearly not afraid of taking risks having survived this long and World War I. You've seen more death than rhe majority of Kine and possibly more than a few Kindred here in Sacramento before your Requiem began. Use your war stories to your advantage, he said with a mentor's tone, "I know its horrible to remember, however, these Kindred have seen much and perhaps, they could relate to it. We as the "youngsters" have to demonstrate we're not unskilled newbies.

To demonstate his point he knocked on the table, "Hello, I'm Mister Osterman and I'm here to add value to the Ordo Dracul." That's ultimately what you want to communicate."

The stoic german intently listened to all the advice Herr albert was giving to him. When the man mentioned bodylanguage he took notice of the fact he was sitting stock straight at the moment. So he shifted a bit forward, trying to apply what albert had been explaining.

"That all is something to keep in mind. stress the value I can add to their covenant. Unfortunally though, I'm a soldier, the ordo dracul is an academically focused covenant. I don't think that just with my brand of problem solving will be met with much enthusiasm by the covenant. So I was wondering if you where willing to educate me in the academics the ordo might require."
    [vtr]
    Hans
    BP:1 vitae: 3/10
    Presence:2 (stern)
    disfigurement flaw: a disgusting scar stretching from his chin all the way past is mouth and to his eyebrows. It has healed quite badly, as if somebody just stitched it close and hoped for the best.

[?

S
    Savnok

Hans asking for his help? Outstanding!

"Of course!" Albert replied with excitement, "Absolutely!" He stood up to demonstrate a few more pointers, "One thing you can be certain of, I don't care who tries to tell you otherwise, each covenant needs some form of security. Granted few are foolish to overtly attack, however, just having someone like you," he pointed to Hans, "around makes it all the more reason not to disturb the Ordo."

He paced back and forth, "You'll likely need to visit the library...and definitely brush on history. I'll bet any amount of money they love that stuff." It was quite obvious he was deep in thought and shot ideas out as they came to him, "Museums as well...there's one right in town here. Not too far away." The neonate didn't want to admit he had been performing his own meditations. "Quotes from famous philosophers and great thinkers should come in handy. Obviously don't be too overt about it...."

He stopped and faced Hans once again, "They know we're associated with each other and know damn well we'll be exchanging information. That's the core issue." The wheels were turning rapidly in his mind, "You and I will need to practice your elevator pitch in order to show the Dragons you and I are genuine. I don't believe we'll get by without ensuring effective communication."

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.