Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
51 - 60
DISPLAYED
(BAB) Water under the bridge

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 6 of 8 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

"No spell, it's just ... there."

Like a tear in the world. A low growl. He hated those furrows, what they represented. Hated most that they did not belong, either by this world's laws or those of the Supernal. The sudden urge to lash out with claw or will, despite every nerve crying out against going near the thing.

An urge that is crushed instantly by a powerful wash of memory resonating through him. Blackfire reaching out in hopes of toppling a statue. The sudden flare of Death shattering the Cabal. For several seconds he merely gasps in reaction. One wrong move here could wreck the entire city.

"Can we at least divert the Line from it?"

PRE

"I haven't got the skill with Prime to move a Ley Line," Gallows said, "But I can watch your backs while you do, if you're capable." He took a step back from the hole, as it was making him uncomfortable. "I'm guessing the resonance here is what's drawing all the ghosts. Is there any way to...I don't know, close this thing?"

While Gallows had dealt with his share of Scelesti in trials back in New Orlenas, he had little personal experience with the Abyss. It seemed that there should be a way to take care of things like this, though.

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

West shook his head in the negative.

Even if he could, he probably wouldn't. Moving ley lines was tricky business. Like rivers, they flowed, and there were "downstreams" to consider. It was a good way to kill friendly Hallows and create new ones that were possibly more accessible to enemies. It could change things.

It always comes down to 'should' ... not 'can'.

"Where's the tree when you need it..."

The words were soft, meant for himself. When the Consilium's Councilors represented the Paths, they would know who to go for. Right now... West had no idea who the most proficient, let alone knowledgeable, Prime mage was.

"Y'all want me to see what that is,"
    he continued, nodding at the blood, "Or press on?"
    Nimbus

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Eyes flick to the blood, and after a moment the Thyrsus nods. "Whoever they were, I think it likely that they deserve to be remembered. Go ahead and take a look."

PRE

"We should probably take a look," said Gallows. "After all, it could be Qadesh or Rosh." He looked at the blood, frowning. If he were on the clock, he would be taking samples to send to a lab for analysis. Magic was much faster, but Gallows wasn't feeling any more useful.

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

West nodded.

His thoughts went to the two mages Gallows mentioned. One he only remembered from a brief encounter. The other, he knew by two names; not well, but with a grudging respect. To Duel for one's convictions...

The gun lowered slowly, and West focused on the darker spots that had been pointed out. He called to his Tower, improvising a spell tailored for his own use rather than widely known or codified. He laced the spell with Death, for that which lived no longer, and sent the spell to weave through the blood to discern it's age.

Err, barely.
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-04-26 07:28:00 West rolls 10 to Improvised Time Spell: Time + Gnosis (10 Again) 6, 4, 4, 1, 1, 9, 6, 6, 4, 4 1 success

Spell Details
    Nimbus

West
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

Now that he had a reference point, a connection, and was where it happened, he could get somewhere.

There was a reason he collected authentic concert t-shirts.

The Enchanter dipped an arcane finger into the river of Time, dragging it across the surface until the ripples and eddies turned upon themselves and revealed the past.

Date Action Roll Result
    2013-05-09 20:44:59 West rolls 13 to Postcoggles -2 Intimate Temporal Sympathy (10 Again) 1, 5, 7, 9, 8, 5, 2, 9, 2, 5, 7, 10, 4, 7 4 successes
    Nimbus

PRE

Gallows cleared his throat as West examined the scene. He felt as if he should do something, but he was outclassed here. Well, if he couldn't use his magic to help, Fallen science still had its place. Still taking care not to touch anything with his bare fingers, he used the small bone knife on his necklace--his focus--to scrape up a tiny bit of the dried blood. There was always the chance that they could test it later.

West
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Page 6 of 8 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread