Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

These Ciment Paths

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

It was more of a wander, less of a walk.

The city was cute, for Northern California, but it wasn’t like the starred walks of Hollywood. She had found Granite Park

Today Nova had dressed in a simple black hoodie, and striped lips, she wasn’t looking for anything other than noticeable. The real benefit of doing anything special was to tell people where you got it anyway. And there was nothing wrong with advertising her skills.

The sun was high in the sky, it was still winter but the touch of spring was on the wind, and her hair took the opportunity to have her mantle stir the loose blue mohawk into action.

She looked over the not-in-school teenagers and their various wheels as they went through the skate park.

Nova stayed safely outside, just watching -- fascinated. She could never do that, her thin, delicate porcelain would probably break. Well she could do it, she just didn’t want to.

Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-19 13:49:40 Miach rolls 6 to Wits 3 + Comp 3 (10 Again) 2, 9, 4, 2, 3, 7 1 success
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Heath Moore
    Heath Moore

Presence •••• (Entertaining)
    Striking Looks •• (Contagious Smile)
    Fame ••
    Mantle ••• (distant laughter)

Mask
    Brown hair, kind brown eyes, good-looking and quick to smile.
    Heath Moore - Mein

Mien
    Tall lanky with alabaster skin save for a stiff brownish mask-like face glowing yellow eyes and mouth. Thick locks of brown hair imitate a jester's cap in shape.

PRE

Granite Park was a big place, and many of the downtown Sacramentonians...Sacramentals...Sacra...peoples enjoyed its spacious walkways without care or worry during the day. Despite the February chill, Spring was slowly creeping into the air, and Heath took the opportunity to get out of his apartment for a lengthy jog. Bounding down the sidewalk his tufts of springy hair fought to escape the confines of the gray hoodie he wore, his grinning face huffing and puffing visible breaths in his long strides. It bordered closely on frolicking.

A streak of bright blue caught his attention, as he traveled along the walkway, belonging to a mysterious figure, a female that looked...oddly artificial.

As he came upon her he slowed his speed, jogging in place alongside her. "Hello," he says briskly, hopping between feet. He was almost entirely sure he was speaking to another Lost though he didn't recognize her. "Lovely day, isn't it?" Let the small talk begin!

S
    Shin Wei

Work had been halted early today, and Shin was left with nothing to do. After a few hours of waiting around for their foreman to get the building permit situation worked out with City Hall, they'd been told to go home. That was a problem. Shin didn't want to go home - he wanted to work. Work gave him something to do with his day, rather than sit around in his apartment and wait for the next day.

Frustrated, he decided to take the long way home. The really long way. Granite Park wasn't anywhere near either the work site or his apartment, but he'd set off towards a mall he knew of where he could grab some lunch. The mall was only a few blocks from a dog park, and he figured he'd eat his lunch there and watch the dogs romp. That would cheer him up.

He strolled into the park, still wearing his coveralls and dirty t-shirt and carrying a hard-hat in one hand and a bag of Taco Bell in the other. He had intended to pass the skate park and head straight to the dog run, but the sight of two Lost he'd never seen before made him pause. He raised a tentative hand and waved at them, then came forward to join them. "Err, hello?" He said, glancing from the jogging jester to the delicate porcelain doll who he was afraid to breathe too hard near, let alone to try shaking her hand. It might be best if he kept his distance - just the sight of her made him feel big and awkward and liable to break something.

Nova jumped when she turned to see the jogger ( Heath Moore ) -- a startled look passed over her face. She had assumed she would have been alone here, but she supposed it was a blessing in disguise.

But then the dude’s face was glowing, well just a little.

For winter, but spring’s coming.” She had no intention of starting up a conversation steeped in hidden words and double meanings, the statement was only fact.

You...you’re like..” she waved awkwardly at herself before looking at the normal people around the park.

What if they notice...

They never have before....

but what if.

Then she heard a second voice ( Shin Wei ), Maybe the make up was popular today.

You too.” she said as she tilted her head to the side slightly

Heath Moore
    Heath Moore

Fame ••

Mask
    Heath Moore - Mein

Mien
    Tall lanky with alabaster skin save for a stiff brownish mask-like face glowing yellow eyes and mouth. Thick locks of brown hair imitate a jester's cap in shape.

PRE

"Yes indeed, it sure is," said Heath, grinning. "I'm getting a little antsy for it, so I thought a jog might help," he explained, continuing the small talk. When she gestured to herself, he got the meaning but decided to make a joke of it, chuckling, "I didn't think my figure was growing that feminine."

As they moved along the path, another Lost approached them, a man Heath hadn't seen before, unless he had and had just forgotten. "Oh, hello. Err, you two know each other?" Two unfamiliar Lost on the sidewalk, maybe she was waiting for this guy, but her expression seemed to imply the opposite.

S
    Shin Wei

Shin had been about to say "I hope I'm not interrupting anything", thinking that he'd perhaps come across an impromptu Spring gathering, when he saw the look on the porcelain Lost's face. It was a look that stilled his tongue, even if he didn't quite understand what her features were telling him.

She looked... scared? No, not quite. Something different. Something... familiar.

He stared at her for a long moment, which probably would have made a lot of people uncomfortable, but he didn't seem to notice what he was doing. His nostrils flared a little as he tried to sample the air, but his blunted human senses didn't notice anything but the scent of his lunch and some distant traffic smell. That meant that he had to rely on pure logic to work out the puzzle of her emotions.

He almost had it...

"Ah, no." He replied to Heath, only half-hearing his question as he continued to try and work out an answer.

Then, finally, his eyes widened in understanding and something like sympathy passed over his stone features. She was new. God, no wonder she looked a little scared. He'd nearly headed for the hills the first time he'd met other Lost. He nodded his head slowly, and then inclined his head to her in a very slight bow.

"Yes." He said simply. "We have a lot in common."

Then, moving just as slowly, he held one finger to his lips to warn her not to freak out or draw attention to their little group. He didn't know if she'd been taught the rules yet. Rules were very important. He looked around them, scanning for somewhere quiet to speak.

Shin is surprisingly empathetic today!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-21 15:29:56 Shin Wei rolls 2 to Wits + Empathy 10, 1 1 success

The glow-face’s comment was weird. She looked him over, he didn’t look feminine. “You don’t...were you trying to? I meant that you...and me...and you,” she pointed at the metal dog thing, “We’re all...you know...” she waved absently in the air, “I just haven’t seen that many of” another wave “at least none that look like...” yet another wave.

Her arms were getting tired.

Maybe they would just get the picture and stop trying to get her to explain. She always wondered why people could be so dense.

She looked at the metal dog and nearly threw her hands up in frustration, if it was frustration.

Public places were fun, but you couldn’t just talk the same in them. She had learned that ages ago and with some pretty dire consequences. Nova carefully rubbed the ball-joint that was her wrist with an odd clinking sound.

I don’t mean any trouble.”

Heath Moore
    Heath Moore

Fame ••

Mask
    Heath Moore - Mein

Mien

PRE

Heath nods with veiled concern at the gesturing Manikin. He had better stop her before she blew a gasket. "Right, right, no, I get what you mean. It was just a joke, you know," he explains, though he didn't want to have to explain how it was a joke. Jokes weren't jokes anymore if you explained them.

"Don't worry, you're not being any trouble, didn't meant to confuse you. I'm Heath, nice to meet both of you," he says as he ceases his bounding jog in place. He looks to the jade-skinned man and nods in agreement. "Yeah, we're all sort of the same. So what brings you both out into the sunlight? Shelving the hibernation habits like me?"

He hoped he could get some names to go with these interesting faces. Maybe he might have at least heard of them in case he just missed their presence at the last Freehold gathering.

S
    Shin Wei

The foo dog's face fell when Nova started waving her arms around. Arm waving was definitely not the response he'd expected - he wasn't even entirely sure what it meant, other than anger or a sudden swarm of flying insects.

He checked for insects, but saw nothing. Winter was really the wrong time for them.

Unsure of what to do next, he looked to Heath, who seemed far... talkier. Hopefully his warm, jovial attitude would put the Manikin at ease. Heath's 'nice to meet you' reminded him that he should introduce himself, and he bowed to each of them rather than try to navigate the hazard of shaking hands.

"I am Shin Wei." He said. "I am new to town as well. Recently returned from, ah, overseas."

As soon as the social niceties were over, his attention snapped from them back to scan the park around them. Early afternoon wasn't a busy time of day for most parks - it was early enough in the day that most people were at work or school, though he suspected the dog park was busier. Could they risk it?

"Perhaps, if we find a quiet place to talk, I can stand guard?" He offered. He was very good at standing guard. Built for it, really. "Keep nosy kids away."

Nova looked confused.

Jokes were supposed to be funny. She gave a small laugh that only really pointed out that she had no idea what she was doing and didn’t get it.

The Manikin continued to stare at glow-face Heath, it didn’t make any sense. “I don’t hibernate, that’s an animal thing.” she turned to the metal dog, “Do you hibernate?

She paused for a bit.

Wait, was that supposed to be a joke?

Clueless -- Population: Nova

Nova shifted uncomfortably. “I’m Astra Kris... if you’re wondering; I’m not exactly a local yet...well I work in a barber shop.

Was that enough information?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread